Hotel Cesario
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfree transferan older hotelcebu citypacked breakfasthot waterclose to the airportconvenient locationnext morningroom rateairport pickup2starmactandiving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Very small bathroom, and dirty room. The daily cleaning like 0. The breakfast from 1 to 10 .... 3 I think. They don't pick us up at the airport as they said in their confirmation mail. The worst case they don't give us an excuse for that. Pay 50 pesos more pr. night another place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Trank2000
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I have spend one week in this hotel. Had regular room. Room was booked via opodo.de and with some savings coupons I paid P1100 a night. Hotel is connected with Bellavista Hotel, so you can use wifi in Bellavista lobby and swimming pool on the roof. Breakfast was included for me and my partner. Big buffet every morning. At time I was there, hotel didnt seem to be as busy, so I normally used swimming pool on my own. Very nice views of sunset. Free airport pick up and drop in. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BadTatay
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Good value budget option close to airport. Get use of pool and restaurant at its more upmarket sister hotel attached to it. Only complaint was the beds were not particularly comfortable

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank PHnewbie
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I just feel relaxed and at home when staying at Cesario. I was housed there for 30days for a company training and been my home everytime i go to cebu. love the buffet breakfast-my favorite. i recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cargokid2202
Reviewed 18 November 2010

If you have an early flight from the airport or you simply can't be bothered going into Cebu City, then Hotel Cesario is a good place to stay. It was the former option that made my wife and I decide to stay on Mactan Island. We tried the Bellavista Hotel first but they were apparently full and were told to try Hotel Cesario next door. It may have been something to do with the way we were dressed, however...

Hotel Cesario is cheaper than it's sister hotel and probably better value, although we didn't see the rooms at Bellavista Hotel. Our's at Cesario was relatively small, but had air conditioning, as well as satellite TV and a functioning bathroom, although this was rather tiny. However, it was all perfectly serviceable and probably worth the AUD32 we spent.

The staff were very helpful, even suggesting to us the karaoke bar down the road for dinner (which ended up being one of the best nights of our trip in the Philippines). They assisted with the luggage and did everything that you'd expect a mid-range hotel employee to do. Check-out was easy in the morning too, despite us having that aforementioned early departure from the nearby airport. Had a decent night's sleep as well, as the room was nice and quiet, despite it being located on one of the island's main roads.

Hotel Cesario sits virtually on the northern edge of the island, which means that, if you're adventurous, you can actually head over onto mainland Cebu Island (and nearby Mandaue) if you want. If you're just on Mactan Island for the night though, chances are that you'll probably just hang around and explore. Using Hotel Cesario to do this isn't a bad idea: it's handily located close to shops and restaurants, so you don't need to go far to while away a couple of hours.

This is probably one of the best places to stay on Mactan Island if you need to, or are planning to do some diving there. I'd suggest getting an upgraded room if possible though, especially if you're after a bit of space during your stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple