“Close to the airport, good value!”
Review of Hotel Cesario

Hotel Cesario
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
oregon
“Close to the airport, good value!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed at the Cesario our first night arriving in the Philippines. I booked the hotel online so all we had to do was call when we landed and the shuttle was there in 10 minutes or less! Great service! Since we were arriving so late I didn't feel the need to spend double on the nicer sister hotel, The Bellavista, when all we would do is sleep, eat, then check out. The room as small, but clean and served its purpose. When staying at the Cesario you get the same priviledges as the patrons of the Bellavista so if you aren't planning on spending much time in your room and want to save money this is the way to go. We stayed at the Bellavista our last night in the counrty because we planned to spend time relaxing in the room. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was really, really good. I've had a hard time with the food in the Philippines on a previous trip, but this time I had good luck! I didn't care for the entrees I ordered off the menu, but my husband found them very satisfactory. He had the coconut calamari, he said it was delish. I had a club sandwich, which in the Phils, is nothing like a club you would get in the states. Too much mayonnaise, fried egg, bacon, and ???
I think they feel as long as there are three items and three slices of bread, its a club. Alright.... :) Live and learn! :) Overall, great value for about $30, free aiport transfers, free breakfast.

Room Tip: I didn't really notice a dank smell as the other reviewers did. This is a very humid, tropical c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
tagum
Reviewed 11 February 2012

what can i say soon as i arrived i was greeted with the doorman bringing in my luggage with a smile all the way to the front desk and by the way i booked the room without a credit card i just googled them and ask them to reserve the room and they did just that all for free and let me tell ya the breakfast buffet was the best they also give you 2different new paper to eat while you eat or you can bring your laptop eat and use there free wifi lol. but how ever they room did have a little mildew smell but the house keeping made sure i got a different room asap no one even mentioned the free room service free newspaper hanging on your door knob before u wake up and 2 new thermos one with fresh cold water and the other hot water for your coffee and the pool was great my 1year old son had a blast and i sat in the jacuzzi beside the pool the round one very nice the pool has a great view of the beach even better at night as well.

Room Tip: call them dont use a credit card just book it by telling to hold the room at the time u arrive and a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We'd enjoyed our stay in Cesario Hotel. The room was in a good condition and very clean.
TV inside, but the room has no window, which was not important for us.
Aircon worked and we could regulate it. The bathroom was clean, too and the shower has hot water.
The staff was very friendly. We could use the Wifi in the BellaVista-Lobby and the breakfast, which was included, has been served in the BellaVista Hotel, too and was very delicious (buffet).
The swimming-pool- and bar-area is a wonderful place to relaxe and you have a good few around this area of the island.
The airport-taxi-shuttle-service worked well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed at hotel Cesario for 1 night which I chose due to proximity to the airport.
Unfortunately I have to agree with the previous reviewer that the room (room 28-economy rm) had a very dank, musty smell to it, which was quite overpowering. This is really my only complaint about the place and maybe only the case as I stayed in the cheapest possible room.

What I liked about the place was being able to use the facilities at the bellevista hotel next door.The roof top pool is very nice and I did enjoy the food & drink. Breakfast was excellent value with all you can eat buffet with a range of options. I enjoyed the mini pancakes.

The staff I found most helpful and always smiling, opening the door for me and generally wanting to please. They have a free airport shuttle so look for the person holding the sign saying hotel Cesario/ Bellevista hotel at the airport. Don't get sucked into getting a cab like I did and paying way too much! It is only a 5 min journey to the airport.

on the day I checked out the shuttle was out of service so they ordered a cab for me and even covered the cost of the cab themselves.

Overall I think it is great value for money but I would advise on getting a nicer room unless you are the type of person who is used to roughing it a bit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I do like the idea behind this hotel. Attach a bunch of budget rooms (Cesario) to your nice hotel (Bellavista) and let the budget-conscious travellers use the nice hotels facilites (resturant, pool, bar). We stayed for one night to catch a morning flight from Cebu. The Cesario part of the hotel is carpeted, yellow and old-looking, the facilities located in Bellavista look a lot nicer. But we mostly wanted to sleep, so who cares about looks?

Unfortunately, we DID care about the dampness in our room. The first thing we noticed was that it smelled like a mildewy basement. Really, no mildew was visible and the room was otherwise clean, but the damp was impossible to get out of the room even with the AC on for hours. The Philippines ARE humid, but no other budget place we stayed at was like this. The window being barred didn't help, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, pretty much the entire stay was dragged down due to this. Stay in the room and rest a bit? Not if you can avoid it. A good night of sleep before your morning transfer? Only if you like sleeping wrapped in damp bed linen. Air the shirt you've been wearing for a day out a bit? I put it on a hanger right in front of the AC in the hope to have it somewhat dry, but it was still noticably damp and smelling like this room when I unpacked it at home.

The resturant was good, breakfast buffet included in this price is a very good deal, the airport transfer is free, and the staff was nice enough. I notice now that not many other people here seem to have had this damp experience, so perhaps the entire hotel isn't like this. In retrospect I wish we had tried asking for another room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vaderhatt

Travellers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Hotel Cesario is OK. You wouldn't stay here for a holiday but for the purposes of staying 1 night to catch a flight it does the job. I stayed here twice in Jan whilst travelling to/from different areas in the Philippines.

Pros:
* Free airport transfers
* Breakfast included in hotel fee
* Very close to the airport
* Use of facilities at sister hotel 'Bella Vista' like the spa, swimming pool, restaurant, wifi and gift shop - Hotel Cesario and Bella Vista connect internally so no need to leave the building

Cons:
* Pokey sized room
* Bathroom smells of sewage at times
* Can take a bit of time for the hot water to flow through
* a tad overpriced for what it is - many people have told us there are nicer places for nearer 900 pesos a night - we paid 1400 pesos + 700 pesos for an extra person so 2100 pesos in total a night!

• Stayed January 2012
Panglao Island, Philippines
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Boyfriend and I had our flight from Puerto Princessa to Cebu and on the next day (early morning), we are scheduled to fly to Caticlan. We have been thinking of staying in some hotel right in the main City of Cebu but it was too far to travel and it was initial planned. Luckily, when we got all out stuff from the plane and ready to get a taxi, we met this guy that is from the hotel itself who was offering good rooms, free transfers and a good price and so we grab the offer. It only takes few minutes to reach the Hotel and checking in was smooth and the room is quite OK though we had 2 single beds even if we wanted to have a 1 bid bed but staying for a night is not a pain. :P Guests from this place can go to the sister hotel to enjoy the pool, see the sunset on their view deck and you can enjoy their relaxing massage. Love it! We told on the front desk that we are leaving very early and so they prepared us a packed meal and driver was there on time to bring us back to the airport to catch our trip. Excellent service!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 222 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple