“Budget hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Cesario

Hotel Cesario
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Brisbane, AUS
“Budget hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

We only stayed one night as flew to Palawan the next day. That is the only reason I'd recommend foreign tourists to stay at this hotel. The surrounding area appears pretty dodgy. Use of the hotel facilities next door is a major bonus as you don't really want to go walking the street at night to find a meal. Receptionists do a lovely job - thanks girls!
You have access to the pool and restaurant of the (posher) hotel right next door.
All in all i was pretty happy with this place given the price, and if i was in a similar situation again I'd stay here once more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank YanniB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Hotel Cesario is just a few minutes from the Cebu Airport and they have a complimentary airport pick up or drop off that I found very convenient. The room is basic but fairly clean, plus it had the basics that are often lacking in cheaper Cebu hotels such as Aircon and hot shower, that work. The room rate included a reasonable breakfast and the staff were very polite. The only challenge I had is an over charge on my room, the front counter personal could not contact anyone who could correct the mistake, I had friends waiting for me so I paid the extra and got the name of the manager who could correct and credit this amount. I got a polite email from him saying that he would investigate but but heard from them after that in spit of my several attempts.

Room Tip: They are renovation at present, see if you can get a newly renovated room rather than one that is u...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank vincent h
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel is a bit old and has smaller rooms compared to its sister hotel Bellavista Hotel. What is great is the breakfast and of course the price of the room (we booked through Agoda.com). Location is very close to Mactan International Airport and if your business is within the processing zones (MEZ 1 and 2) this hotel is perfect for its location which is just 5 minutes away. There is also one mall nearby, the Gaisano mall but great enough for shopping of your basic needs. Good restaurants are also present in any corner so no problem for you to dine anytime. You can also use the swimming pool of Bellavista Hotel located at the roof deck where you can see a good view of Mactan bridge and areal of Lapulapu City.

Room Tip: The entrance is a bit narrow and small so you might find it hard to locate. Anyway just ask the tax...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Joshua F
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We made a booking at Hotel Cesario few days before our Cebu trip. Luckily, we got a slot. We stayed here for 2 days only. Our flight was delayed for almost 2 hours so I was worried about the shuttle pick up. Well, in fairness, despite our delayed arrival at Mactan Airport, the hotel staff was there at the arrival area holding a placard with my name on it and greeted us with a smile. He asked us to wait for a while and he started dialing the number of our service. In less than 10 mins. the service is there so we headed to the hotel. I guessed they monitor the arrival of our flight thru the airlines office.

Upon arrival at the hotel, the security guard assisted us and the girl in the front desk accommodated us well. Our room is the economy type only. The room is basic with air conditioner, wall fan, 2 single beds (although we prefer one queen size bed), cabinet with lots of hangers (lol), telephone (NDD and IDD), a phone directory, a table with glass, and a cable TV. The room is clean and at night it was very cold even if you turn off the AC and let the fan open only. You can make any request and they are kind enough to provide you with your needs (well it depends on the availability).

What we love the most at Hotel Cesario was the buffet breakfast. YUMMY!! It was just kinda embarrassing that time because we are late risers, so once we woke up we headed to the cafe without changing our clothes. At the cafe, oh my!, they were wearing formal attire. LOL!

I highly recommend this hotel for budget conscious travelers. For Php 1,342.00/ night, you'll get a comfortable and wonderful stay at Hotel Cesario.

Room Tip: Ask the room near the fire exits. Rooms are not sound proof. Ask a room at the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RochelleDelaCruz
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Checked in for a couple of hours to freshen up and take a nap while waiting for my next transit flight in Cebu. Room is very basic - will only recommend to travelers who are looking for a cheap overnight stay nearby the airport. The room was not soundproof and the noise from the corridor was amplified in the room. Breakfast was provided but it was also very basic. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free hotel to airport transfer was provided. My flight was delayed for 2 hours but on arrival, the staff from Hotel Cesario was still waiting there with my name on a placard.Thumbs up for the excellent service!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hobopoh
tokyo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We only stayed one night on our way home to Tokyo from Bohol. The front desk were very kind and helpful. The room is OK, but very hot and no window. The bathroom is tiny and there is no fridge or kettle. We requested hot water to make some tea and they did bring it. Also they packed breakfast for us to take, as we had an early flight. Free shuttle bus to the airport. The rooms are too stuffy and we could hear the TVs from both sides, so we called the front desk and they solved the problem for us. Overall for the price is was OK.

Room Tip: The rooms are very hot and stuffy...you could ask for a room with a window but I dont' know if t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed at the Cesario our first night arriving in the Philippines. I booked the hotel online so all we had to do was call when we landed and the shuttle was there in 10 minutes or less! Great service! Since we were arriving so late I didn't feel the need to spend double on the nicer sister hotel, The Bellavista, when all we would do is sleep, eat, then check out. The room as small, but clean and served its purpose. When staying at the Cesario you get the same priviledges as the patrons of the Bellavista so if you aren't planning on spending much time in your room and want to save money this is the way to go. We stayed at the Bellavista our last night in the counrty because we planned to spend time relaxing in the room. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was really, really good. I've had a hard time with the food in the Philippines on a previous trip, but this time I had good luck! I didn't care for the entrees I ordered off the menu, but my husband found them very satisfactory. He had the coconut calamari, he said it was delish. I had a club sandwich, which in the Phils, is nothing like a club you would get in the states. Too much mayonnaise, fried egg, bacon, and ???
I think they feel as long as there are three items and three slices of bread, its a club. Alright.... :) Live and learn! :) Overall, great value for about $30, free aiport transfers, free breakfast.

Room Tip: I didn't really notice a dank smell as the other reviewers did. This is a very humid, tropical c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business