“We tried and we like it!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bellavista Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Bellavista Hotel
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Panglao Island, Philippines
“We tried and we like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed on their sister hotel "HC"for a night since we have a flight on the next day and we had the chance to be in this place. There is a little pool in the top, a massage area where we had when we we're on the other place and so we decided to stay in this place for a try when we get back from Boracay since it looks a comfortable place to stay. It meets our expectations! They offers a free buffer breakfast and so we had it on the day when we're checking out and it was good. We left the place with a smile and nod and took taxi to catch the trip going to Tagbilaran City. They also offer a free round trip airport-hotel transfers.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

When we arrived we were given a double room looking straight at a brick wall just outside the window. We were then transferred to a twin room with a better view.Very average room and Hotel. Not a lot of interest by any of the staff. Guests were allowed to smoke in the restaurant and foyer creating very bad smoky conditions.Try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

The good part: Free airport shuttle service, simple but tasty buffet breakfast of toast, pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, hotdogs, meatballs, garlic rice, sliced fruits and mini tarts, affordable room rates.

The bad part: We stayed in room 322 and it was not very clean. There were microscopic roaches (like the size of a grain of rice) on the carpet (about 2), and on the bathroom sink counter (about 6) during our whole stay. We slept with the lights on to scare them away. The towels were clean but a bit yellowish. The bed and furnitures were old and smelled stale. I am not sure if we stayed in a renovated room or an old room. The room did not have a view. We went up the lifts then had to go down a flight of stairs to get to our room. So it felt like it was on an extension part of the hotel. There will be the occasional European/American who will get the entire pot of scrambled eggs thereby letting the other guests wait for the new batches to cook.

We just needed a cheap room to sleep in and it served it's purpose. But we might look for another hotel the next time we're in town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank chinesemafia
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

As the other reviews say this is an OK hotel which is reasonably priced. The food in the restaurant is good, but the breakfast buffet is disappointing.

Rooms were surprisingly high standard. [Many of the hotels in Cebu are improving.]

Staff are very pleasant and service is good.

It is in a shabby area and the views are not great. There are some shady places nearby.

I used it for the last night because it is convenient for the airport and there is a shuttle service. Though it is OK as a place to sleep I wouldn't go there for leisure. Not a resort and not in a great location.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank jamesguest2016
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

I booked online and was hit with the Icelandic Volcano disruptions. Staff responded to my emails as I tried to change my dates and were most helpful. Free airport transfer was welcome and staff overall very good. Rooftop resturant is a good location but service very slow. Breakfast was average. Free WiFi in reception. AirCon average. Emperor rooms are superior and you gain a view. I would use again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BadwellTony
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

A word of caution- book this hotel direct by the email address I will give you, not by one of the many agents seeking commission (some seemingly based in China). I did try to use one (Asia Rooms?) but found the security on using my credit card to be so tight that I couldn’t complete the transaction (Securecard or some such). The Bellavista email address is like gold to try and find. You can reserve a room for free and they are very polite efficient and friendly with their emails. It’s [--] My gut feeling was not to pay up front to someone in China anyway. (Sorry China)

I stayed at this hotel only one night, so I can’t profess to be an expert. I was met at the airport as is usual at this hotel. This proved to be a longish process as there was no transport waiting but a guy to phone for the transport. Taking a taxi would have been quicker and cost under 100 pesos (currently about £1.30). Once the transport turned up (after 10 minutes or so) it was quick and comfortable. I didn’t use the service to the airport on leaving, I think that would prove to be very useful though.

I know I’m sounding picky picky and that is not my aim, but if the services are there and they are advertised as part of the package I should assess them.

‘Welcome’ drinks on arrival proved not to be a cool beer or daiquiri with an umbrella and trimmings, but rather a glass of water or other soft drink. I did think that was mean and gave a new meaning to the expression ‘complimentary drinks’.

The Bellavista reception staff were friendly and efficient, giving me a great first and last impression of the place. Luggage was at the room promptly on arrival and me and my partner were left to enjoy the room (which we did promptly, ha ha). As others have written the ‘Bella Vista’ from your window is very concretey. However, the air conned room itself was very comfortable and the décor fresh looking. The minibar was well stocked and there was a selection of snacks, though I didn’t see the prices (see photo). As regards the restaurant, dinner was nothing special, but fine , breakfast was buffet style with adequate choice but not really lavish. My overall impression of the hotel was that it is good value for money and a pleasant place to be.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Everyman
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

We stayed there for a night on our way to Bohol and a night on our way back to Manila. Clean comfortable rooms with aircon and rotating wall-mounted fans but TINY bathroom and dated decor. Pleasant and helpful staff in reception but this is contrast to staff in restuarant. Buffet breakfast included and was enjoyable but evening meal was served cold (like the staff). We chose this hotel as close to airport and you get free transfers and would say it was okay as a stop-over both ways. Just to note this was the one place where we came across disagreeable taxi drivers who would agree a price for the trip before we got in the taxi (something you should always do!!!) and then they demanded more money at the destination. Worst case scenario was a driver quoting 150 pesos for a ten minute journey then wanting 1000 pesos on arrival at the destination! Not just on this occasion, we stuck to our guns and gave the drivers what had been agreed and no tip, which they might've got had they not been deceitful. Have to say this is not the norm though, most of the taxi drivers were chatty and friendly and offered advice about sightseeing, places to stay etc.

• Liked — Clean and convenient and proximity to airport/port
  • Disliked — Some of the food, some of staff and views
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple