“No problems”

The Bellavista Hotel
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel is ok, not anything big to complain or good to tell.
Basic hotel with basic amenities. Building is quite ugly during day times due to the blue/white stripe colors and the constructed huge metal rusty holder for hotel logo on the roof.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wanted a hotel for two days for my wife and I to stay at " to get to know each other again " so I chose this Hotel.

The first room that they gave us on the third floor has a terrible bed in it ( room 323 ), No views, in fact a concrete wall !, ( and I specifically asked for a room with a view of the river. I told them that I would not sleep in this room and wanted a double room elsewhere. they tried to give me a twin room, but I said if there was not a double room available, then I would leave and ask for a refund !

They upgraded us, to a king size room, on the fourth floor and the view from the hotel was not bad, we could see the river ! But the bed was a real comfort.

Breakfast was also included in our tarriff and there is a complimentary bus service from Mactan International Airport.

The Buffet breakfast was nice, a mixuture of Philippina food and from elsewhere. I had Hot Cakes, bacon, Scrambled eggs, some Tuna Flakes, and Garlic Rice. All washed down with some overly sweet Orange juice, but pleasant as it was cold. My wife had a similar meal, and we then had some pastries and cakes which were also there.

It served in the " 1565 Café " which commemorates the snotting of the Spanish, by Lapu Lapu himself !

the Bellavista Hotel, is a large hotel, bigger than I would prefer to stay in ( because I like the more homely places ) but once we got the room changed then I was happy with the overall ambiance and presentation of the place. Its not modern, but has lots of muted browns, dating back to the 1970's and before... Seems clean, and our room was serviced about 6.30 p.m so the cleaning crew is around during the whole day, which is a comforting thought, if you need extra towels etc

Room Tip: Check out the prices with a variety of booking agencies, but be aware that the hotel has cheaper pr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley K
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Excellent service from staff. Staff are friendly and very helpful. They have their own transport to pick up customers to and from the airport. It is an affordable price and includes breakfast. It is accessible and is close to the mall. I will definitely stay there again next time and have recommended it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shamasaki
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotel is nice, near to airport. Near the hotel is easily to find some fast food restaurant and supermarket. Hotel is on the main road so it is easy to get local public transportation like jeepney or sarao.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Fadhly S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here just one night and our arriving flight from Manila was 3 hours late, which meant that we didn't arrive at Cebu Airport until 1am. Amazingly enough, the shuttle driver was still there waiting for us! And for no charge (although we tipped him). We thought that was incredible.
Our room was beautiful and it's a shame that we were only in it for about 6 hours...

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one with windows! One of my friends had an interior room and therefore, a much di...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DL640
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Didn't expect much prior to arrival - we were only looking for an overnight stop over before moving on to Davao but on arrival was surprised. Very spacious Lobby & reception area designed in typical Filipino style. Rooms whist dated (really need a modernizing makeover) were spacious but only two single beds. In room safe, bath with shower over. Pool on 5th floor looks great & do the views - Top floor restaurant was under renovation & gym was locked.
Free Airport transfers, no free WiFi above the first floor but we purchased GLOBE INTERNET FOR 1000 pesos which provides unlimited access for one month - so no real issue. Mini bar prices are high.

The hotel was not full by any means so when I asked for a later checkout time by 2 hours was told that they would charge extra - extremely disappointing when a hotel takes this stand.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kalboHastings
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here one night in order to catch an early morning flight out of Cebu. A very decent and slightly upscale hotel only 10 minutes from the airport. Rooms were modern with A/C and attractive decor. Swimming pool and restaurant on rooftop deck. Decent breakfast buffet that came at no additional cost. We stayed in a basic room with two twin beds for about $60. A much better option than the hotel (Cesaria) that adjoins for only $25-30 more. Worth the upgrade unless you are on a tight budget. Staff is friendly. Free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family