Lowest prices for your stay
£44
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Breakfast included
Agoda.com
£46
Easy and fast booking
Trip.com
£47
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Terrible experience! We had to be moved out of our original room immediately after check in because of rust stains and mold in the bath tub not to mention the dirt and a dirty sink. We were transferred to another room, but that one had stained sheets that housekeeping came immediately to change. But while changing them, the housekeeper noticed that the air conditioner was dripping down the wall. She called the maintenance man, and the solution was to turn it off. The room already had a bad smell to it, and without air conditioning, it only made it worse. This is listed as a resort, but there was nothing on the property to make it a resort. The pool and gym are on another property, and the beach is also on another property behind the Sotogrande. They advertise a free shuttle to the main road (read all of the other reviews about there being absolutely nothing around this hotel), but the driver was sick and there was no one else that could drive the shuttle to the main road (maybe a 5 minute drive) even though there were plenty of staff members standing around doing nothing. Their solution was to rent a private driver for a fixed price, which after arriving at the main road, the price was higher than what we were told before leaving. Believe all of the negative reviews here and choose another property.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 13 September 2018

As the other reviews tell you this place is hit and miss-- if you get one of the newer rooms and come at the right time of year it is almost 4 star, but in worst cases it can be 1 or 2, just like most places in the world. Yes there is a tiny beach and can be dirty but this is true of most of Mactan and likewise it's a bit isolated(and tranquil) and yes no shopping etc nearby, just like many places on Mactan. Yes the cabs charge $2 USD extra and take half an hour or so to get to Mactan shops or 40 min to Cebu City (just like many Mactan hotels) but you are spending at least $80 at day anyway so what? And you can use Uber or Grab or even the new internet motorcycle company to get faster and cheaper service. And you can get essentials at the little stores and restaurants, pharmacy and bank in Mactan Newtown a 10 min walk away, which has bus service.

I found the very large pool (with kids pool) just fine and the huge gym in La Mirada next door excellent (and Sotogrande, La Mirada and Vista Mar all adjacent have same owner so you can use pool and gym from any of them). If you pay more you can get a nicer resort but they are noisy and crowded and often full even in low season so this is not such a bad choice and I enjoyed my 5 days here and 3 next door at Vista Mar. I stayed in low season but this is a favorite of Koreans so both places were full all of my stay in September. I found the food excellent and greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts, especially if you come early (like the situation most places). You can also eat in the Vista Mar and yes no gourmet cuisine here but I was happy. They gave me a free upgrade to a suite which was xlnt and I did not see any of the issues that others had in the cheaper older rooms. Yes the net can be slow or absent just as anywhere in the Philippines and all of the dozen places I stayed (except a few which use the expensive device that combines all 3 net providers). Staff was courteous and prompt.

Room tip: more expensive ones are better
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Been here twice already. Good customer service, friendly staff. Room service was great and the foods are superb. Room was spacious as it is a Suite room. Kids enjoyed our stay, unfortunately we checked out early as we need to go island hopping.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Que R
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this Hotel last September 2018 for 5 days. I was looking for a hotel that is near the conference where I was going and I need a hotel that would not break the bank. I requested for the twin bed room for me and my colleagues but it was not available upond arrival and we were upgraded to 1 bedroom with an additional extra bed with no charge. The 1 bedroom is very spacious and our view was very nice. The room was not gloomy because of their floor length windows which allows the sun to enter the room and we have a small balcony facing the sea. Staff are very friendly and courteous, and there are a lot of Korean guests staying. My note is that the premises is inside a village, getting a cab might require assistance from the receptionist. Another thing is I booked thru an agency for another room for my colleague in advance, he was unable to come to cebu and we decided to refund it, however, it was non refundable. We tried to add the dates to the other booked rooms so that it will not be a waste since it was already paid, but since the hotel is popular with tourists we couldn’t extend and the room was not used.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ElizeA11
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Sotogrande hotel and resort
July 26 to July 30

We travel to cebu from Phuket as one of our destination to check out. Cebu itself is pretty, but my chosen hotel is beyond disappointing.

Negative comments:

When we arrive, our room was upgraded into suite room (616). The reception told us its a Queen size bed but when we enter, its an old squeaky double size bed with hard pillows. No lights inside the cabinet and theres hardly electrical socket available to charge our phones!
I asked for an iron and an iron board. I received the iron but theres no available ironing board. Seriously??

We checked the bathroom. Its old and mouldy, dry stains on the mirror and dirty sink table. It shows that it hasn’t been cleaned or renovated since the opening of the resort. Bath tub, we did not even dare to soak ourself and relax in it due to the stains and dark cigarette burns around it. Holes all over the wall and varnished liquid stains all over the floor. The only good thing about it is the cleanliness of their toilet bowl.

Living room, the curtain are dusty and old. One of the net curtain is even ripped and no one cares. Sofas are soft and old. Ants are the main inhabitant of them.
For the first 2 nights, the cable tv is working properly, however, for the rest of the stay, theres no signal. I asked the reception to fix it and they sent someone right away. However, he couldn’t fix it. So the next day i called again to get it fix. The reception told me that its the cable company has a problem and its our of their authority to fix it. Then why the other room has cable tv and we do not have? So i waited till night time and called them again. The same guy came in to fix it and said its the wiring that has a problem and will ask the reception to move us to another room. I waited for a call. I received no call or anything that verify us on moving to another room.
Free wifi in the room and other public areas. On the 6th floor, we couldn’t even connect to the wifi and its frustrating!
Checked the water boiler and it has burned marks on it and stains on the cups. Disgusting.

The free breakfast is something we thought its going to be good. But we are utterly disappointed. The foods 4-5 choices, with slow refill of the staff. The choices are either dry or oily, theres hardly even eggs! The place is dirty....

The beach has crystal clear water and its the size of 1 1/2 basketball court. Our first day at the beach, i saw the cleaner or the caretaker of the beach netting the dirt. I was shocked in disbelief on what he did. He netted a basket of dirt and threw it on the other side of the barrier. Unbelievable!
INFINITY POOL. The water is infinite in creamy water because of its dirtiness. We didn’t even try it. The most inconvenient of all is we have to keep going to the reception each day to get a green wrist band to be able to enter the beach or the pool😑.

The place is far from everything. Its in the middle of nowhere. Thats why i can say it in a positive way that it is QUIET. Theres a 24hr shuttle on their amenities and services. But don’t be fooled. It depends on availability & if you ask the reception to call you a cab/taxi, you will pay extra P100 for that service.
When you order food from the hotel restaurant, you will be charged P47 for cooking your food and yet another P47 for delivering your food. Service charge on all services in this hotel.

Paying for almost 5k per night is so expensive and the service is disappointing and the rooms are filthy is not worth what i payed for! Including it is rated as 4 star? I felt like i am in a show thats called HOTEL HELL

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan A