Algotels
kimvaughan2016
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Lovely Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2019
Booked this hotel for my son and his girlfriend as a treat, they got upgraded to a beautiful suite on arrival! Lovely and clean, food very reasonably priced, can use the facilities of the 2 other hotels in the resort. " swimming pools and a great beach, staff are really helpful.
Date of stay: June 2019
    £38
    £34
0.4 miles from Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
View more hotels in Lapu Lapu
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed in this resort for 2 days with my lady friends (8 ladies and three young girls - 2 tweens and a teenager). We booked a total of 4 suites. Everyone had a great time. Not only being around with wonderful friends but also the great accommodation we received. Front desk staff were very friendly. They helped our girls order for food delivery closed to midnight. The rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, outdoor swimming pool and lounge were clean and a great area to hangout. This is a nice resort to just relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It was quiet, peaceful, with great customer service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Enjoyeverytravel
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

Our family stayed for 4 days & 3 nights. The room, though kind of dated is clean and big enough to accomodate me, my husband and our 7yr old daughter. It has a vault, ref and wifi signal was good, shower has heater. Sotogrande building does'nt have its own pool. But guests can use the pools within the property and there are different kinds of pools which we all enjoyed. The beach front is a bit small but ok. I just wish they would clean it as early as 6am for those who want to take early dips. The food is somewhat ok and a bit pricey but we loved their grilled squid and chicken. Don't order the halo2 it is too pricey for the size and ingredients used. Don't expect the breakfast buffet to be big but generally, it has decent selections. All the staff were very nice and very friendly. The location of the hotel is a bit on the inside road and you have to take their shuttle if you want to go out to the main road and dine out. We sometimes just use grab for convenience. The hotel is located around 15 minutes from the Happy Beach and around 25-30 minutes from mactan airport. I can say that our overall stay was pleasant.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2019 via mobile

When I arrived there was no water available in the entire building so had to wait overnight until they fixed. After water service restored, unit I stayed in had a strange yellow murky water in the toilet no matter how often flushed. I have a feeling the rooms here vary in upkeep by the individual owners - condotel. Mine was fine but getting worn. The Wi-Fi in the lobby never worked the 3 days I was there. No pool but the owner of the unit you stay in may have use of the Vista Mar property next door. It’s lobby is torn up presently being remodeled but pool is nice. The beach area has no chairs, umbrellas or lounges.

The food in the lobby restaurant of Sotogrande is below average, small portions and they price gouge. Desk told me both restaurants served same food although I never saw a second restaurant.

The menu clearly shows prices but when they brought my bill it wasn’t itemized and it was a few hundred pesos too high. At first I thought they had brought me someone else’s bill. When I complained and added up the menu prices to show wrong total they made an excuse and refused to lower the bill. I asked for a manager to address this issue and that person made no effort to contact me. Their short term greed for 300 pesos cost them all future possible meals I could have eaten there. To be honest the portions were so small and the food so bad, I would not have eaten there again anyway. For better food and more reasonable prices and ambiance taking a Grab car to elsewhere is worth it.

There is a lot of road construction in the area so getting in and out can be difficult, going through some trashy neighborhoods. Not an area you want to walk around. The “beach” nearby isn’t that great either. Better further north at resorts there (ShangriLa and Movenpick)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Joy A
Reviewed 28 March 2019 via mobile

This hotel doesn't have own pool, it's in the next hotel. Wasn't long way, but still. Allso restaurant in the other hotel. Wifi didn't work at all during our stay. You had to go to the next hotel, again. Hotel is in an isolated area. No shops in that area and just 1 restaurant. 300 for a ride to the town and back. Little beach but didn't look so nice. No hot water in the shower. Thank god we were there only one night before flight.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank T72019
Reviewed 12 March 2019 via mobile

Ok so first I did receive a free upgrade to a suite. However the service is terrible when we arrived there was nobody to greet us.and it got worse the first night I had dinner in the room opened the water and ran to spit it out it was not water, I called downstairs to complain and no manager was available so someone else came to investigate and did not even apologise for the issue. The hotel is extreamly run down its old the room had rust in the bath tub and damp in the bedroom. I would never ever return to this hotel. I suggest you avoid it at all costs

Trip type: Travelled with friends