“Nothing special”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Seoul, South Korea
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days last October right before typoon struck there. Overall we were very disappointed about almost everything. The lobby which should impress visitors first, it was like market place and we wanted to leave there ASAP. The room, just mediocre and No WiFi service as well as no LAN. I had to go down to Lobby and there were some computers which is not free. The view from the room was horrible. I don't know what they call it, maybe City view?, All we can see was poor peoples' houses and various types of filthy farms. Every morning even before sunrise, chickens clucked so loudly, so we had to wake up. Morning buffet, there were so many types of food, but taste is just average. Staff with no smile, no hello. Tiny little merely beach with little sands. Concrete pave, road, I had feelings that resort was surrounded with so much concrete that my original hope which I would enjoy natural and tropical environment, could not be achieved.

11 Thank RileyPark77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My friends and I spent the New Year in Imperial Palace to show one of our guests' daughter the water park resort and slides that this resort has been boasting about. Our stay was a horrible experience, and it was all because of staff's customer service.
We find it really stupid that the resort can't forgive customers from bringing the room towels to the beach/pool and beach towels to the rooms. It was as if the resort and the hotel are different companies.
We encountered a very rude, disrespectful staff named Sonny. HE really forced us to strip one of our kids naked because pool towels should not be brought to the rooms. Next thing was he was arguing with my friend about the towel again. This rudeness is definitely a NO, NO in any service-oriented industry.
Second the food was crappy and the restaurant attendants are cold and snobbish (probably because Sonny was there talking to them about us). We ended up eating in Shangri-La. I was so upset that had it not for occasion when everyone is supposed to be in good spirits, I would have summoned for the manager.
The actuations of the Imperial staff are so horrible and unacceptable. We observed that they are more polite and tolerant with Koreans! Wow! We are being discriminated and treated like third class citizens in our own homeland!
This place is really crappy. Shang is still the best in everything!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
35 Thank Grace G
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We spent our stay here with so much fun and good memories with our kids. They love the slides so much.

I definitely would recommend this to my friends who wanted to relax and enjoy the sun with their kids.

Customer service is great, very helpful and professional.

We'll comeback here soon.

Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This resort is quite reminiscent of the huge sprawling resorts I've visited in Puerto Rico, which is really really nice. We got the suite, with more than enough space in the living room, comfortable beds and a really nice quaint little balcony out front. The views are amazing, but the beach - literally has 12 inches of shore so you don't really get much beach time here if that's what you're looking for. The beach is probably mostly for some snorkeling and jet-skiing. Other than that the beach is quite disappointing. The place is new, well-kept, food is extremely overpriced (and they don't even allow outside food) P180 for white / wheat bread or an ensaymada, unreasonably priced for the quality of food, if you ask me. Oh, and they mostly only ever cater to Korean guests so expect the buffet to have an entire part filled with korean food and you will have to request the non-kimchi rice separately.

On to the disappointing service part, they are all very friendly and accommodating but I have some serious concerns about their rules and how they implement them:
(1) they unreasonably scrimp on towels. you cannot borrow a towel without the towel card (which is fine, but my sister and I left one of the cards upstairs and didn't want to go back up, so we only had one card with us.) Despite my explaining the situation, the girl by the towel booth refuses to lend my sister a towel because she didn't have the card. I asked her politely how we could possibly use the pool with only ONE towel, considering they do not even allow use of room towels. So there we were, pool day ruined because of their scrimping on towels, the reason for which I do not understand.
(2) They give you a welcome drink stub upon arrival. Having come from a long nasty road trip from the airport, I called in to ask if I could just please have my drink sent up to my room. And then I was given this ridiculous rule that I can only get the drink from the lobby, and that there was NO WAY they could send my drink up to my room. I don't know if I am unaware of a current resort rule, but this is the ONLY resort I've ever been in that manages to say no to guests' requests and tell the guests to get the drink themselves.
(3) Considering that the beach isn't that great, I would say if you're after a good beach, then the location of this resort is terrible. The streets outside are all under construction so it takes forever to get to and from the resort (taking into account also the traffic). So if you're always wanting to check other places out, this may not be the best choice.

Room Tip: The corner suites are huge, the higher floors are better and try not to get the rooms on the casino...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
17 Thank KatAguila
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The rooms are clean and big enough. The beds are comfortable. They have nice beds. The waiters, receptionist, drivers,bell boy etc. they are all courteous and helpful. The buffet breakfast has a lot of selections.but on the other hand. Being a five star resort they should provide free shuttle service to and from the hotel. They charge us 150 pesos per head one way. The food is very expensive. And it doesn't taste that good. The water park is so small. The beach is not that nice. But overall the kids like the waterpark. Nice experience but I would not go back again. For the price that I paid I would rather go to other resort which has the same price with imperial but with free shuttle service.The deluxe garden doesn't have any view at all.

Room Tip: Deluxe garden doesn't have view
6 Thank lovely082
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Front desk staffs are friendly & good. All the staffs are very well trained & customer friendly. I would like to thank the staffs who helped us during the unexpected earthquake that struck early morning, they were all ready to gave us drinking water & brea. They keep us updated & very concern to all the guest. It was scary experience but felt comforted from the hotel staffs.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank m_caminade
philippines
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was our 3rd stay and were very delighted on our first 2. We just couldn't wait to check out during our last stay this month.

I give it a 2 because:
1. my kids loved the kiddie pool and it was relatively clean
2. every request was delivered promptly (extra water, pillows etc)
3. room was nice despite the putrid smelling toilet and bath (more on that later)

So why disappointed when we loved this in the past?

There were leaches in the posts along the outdoor hallways. Makes me shudder to think of one of these making their way into the pool. Pool was dirty, everywhere there were dried grass and water was a bit yellowish and hazy.

1. we went down to the "FAMILIA" restaurant to have our dinner we had with us our 4 year old and 2 year old. The restaurant was empty except for 2 or 3 tables but we were led to an the last table at the farthest end of the room. This is a buffet restaurant so naturally I asked to be seated near the buffet. The hostess led us to another table, this time to the last table at the back of the room about still very far from the buffet. At this point I was wondering why when all the seats fronting the buffet was empty and asked for a specific table there and we were seated on these tables when we had our lunch buffet there in our past visits. We were joined by a male employee and asked the hostess what was going on. I guess, seeing us going from one table to another concerned him and when the hostess explained we prefered a table at the front, he explained "the children might (making a hand gesture towards his ear as if irritated) make noise". Disgusted, I quietly excused myself and left the restaurant.

2. So we had dinner in their chinese restaurants as we did not have any other option because we tried the room service and the food was horrible and we were very hungry after a full day at the waterpark. Food was definitely overpriced at around P1,000 per person for 1 order of beef entree which consisted for 4 matchbox sizes of thinly sliced beef 2 1 order of crunchy noodles 3 pork in sauce 4 iced coffee serving size was for 1 person or 2 if you're not very hungry.

3. the Toilet and bath smelled putrid like there was a dead rat there our entire stay uuugh room was nice though

4. service was lousy because you feel you are constantly being watched and unwelcome. While walking towards in the premises you are constantly asked for your room number. the towels you use in the pool cannot be brought to your room. I find this inconvenient and unnecessary as they proved towel cards to claim towels and exchange these again upon return. They also check this upon check out so what's the point in not letting guest bring the towels to the rooms when you can charge them upon check out if they're missing a card? One towel was wrapped around my 1 year old daughter when a security guard ran after us to ask us leave the towel. So my daughter was cold on our long walk and ride back to our hotel room tsk tsk tsk

always making their convenience the priority over the comfort of their guest.

will not be coming back ever again

Room Tip: Don't stay overnight. It just won't be worth it. you'd have to eat in their overpriced r...
8 Thank glorialakwatsera
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!