“Peace by the sea!”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
India
“Peace by the sea!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Imperial Palace is indeed imperial as the name goes. Huge property with one of the most vantage views of the beautiful Philippines Sea. Great place to chill out especially you plan to come with family. Very spacious rooms and well appointed. Good spa.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank hgmoorthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is an absolutely beautiful hotel with a small private beach and water sports facilities which come at a cost. The hotel also has a water park (small one though) where your kids can enjoy a lot. The room rates are pretty reasonable. I stayed in a suite overlooking the green/blue sea water. There are options of villas as well but they are expensive. The F&B rates are also reasonable. The Buffet breakfast was amazing with a huge selection of dishes. There are lovely restaurants with different themes to choose from. The restaurant at the seaside is beautiful and is made on wooden logs where you can sit and enjoy the moonlit night having dinner at the sea. you can go snorkelling and other water sports as well for which the hotel provides a vacation club package as well.
This is far from cebu city so you have to travel more than half an hr if you need to visit there.
Brilliant place if you are looking for a romantic holiday with your spouse/partner.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Teenurocks
Cebu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

This is the most exciting and enjoyable experience I had in Cebu. Staying in this hotel is simply amazing! it's really beyond my imagination. The waterpark was great and the staff are all accomodating. I will be back again and again...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cuttie_08
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

Our family went for a 4 day 3 night stay with a group for a seminar in this place. The hotel was great! Our 3 year old son enjoyed the kids waterpark. We enjoyed the lazy river, the waves and the pools.

Their staff was helpful too. I lost my shawl the day that we left. They found it and went out of their way to return it to me. Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dandang
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

A great addition to the seascapes of Mactan Island, Cebu. A five star
hotel with a friendly service not seen in Mactan Island, Cebu before.
The staff was all smiles with their typical Cebuano hospitality.

The property is brand spanking new and well kept. If your just
lounging by the pool or partaking in the water slides, there is fun to
be had by everyone. There is no beach... it is more like a private
boardwalk with steps leading towards the not so great sea. Instead of
a beach, they had turned part of their private boardwalk into a white
sand tropical beach with lounge chairs and a cabana, and coconut
trees. Their is also an activity center on the end of the boardwalk
where you can avail island hopping tours and jetskiing.

The hotel kept us smiling all throughout our stay in this tropical
hotel under the gorgeous blue skies and azure blue seas of Cebu. The
tranquility of the property is marred only by the laughter of the
guests and the occasional pop song accompanied by the hotel staff
dancing to it coaxing the guests to join in and dance.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank aldendoy
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

Last Thursday, I decided to go ahead and checked in at Imperial Palace for 2 nights. When I checked in, I made sure I gave her all the forms necessary to get my discount. Everything went smoothly and I got my villa at a great price. Finally, they learned from their mistakes last January.

On Friday Morning, I decided to make sure I pre- pay for my trip this December so I don't have to worry about it. Since they do not give you a copy of the receipt every time you order at any of their food and beverage outlets, I requested a copy of my statement to date.

I was disturbed when I found that I was charged double the rate they promised me for my room. I questioned the rate and they proceeded to call the girl who checked me in out (Cheriza).

She came out and apologized that she had made a mistake when she checked me in and forgot to put in my discounted price which is half the price of what they charged me. She proceeded to say that she is really sorry as she could not change the price and I have to pay for the higher rate.

If I cant afford to stay at Imperial Palace, I would never go there. It is not the issue of money, but principle and the proper way of conducting business. I have a vast experience in business using computers as a primary tool of operation. It is very simple, but yet they prefer to make it so complex.

After all the head-spinning experiences I have had with Imperial Palace, I have to say, I officially boycott Imperial Palace. If you guys prefer to DIE EARLY instead of a nice relaxing vacation, you should go visit them and pay to be treated like an idiot and smell the stench of their on going sewer problem.

Imperial Palace: 5 star in making sure you pay the high price to shorten your life and smell their sewer system. I didn't know I had to pay to smell the Koreans' poop.

They use plastic plants all over their properties especially their $600 per night villas.
Their management has no idea what hospitality means in their hospitality business.

I guess I have learned my lesson. I will never go back there again. Shangri-la, you are still my favorite resort!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank JerryLG
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel over the Easter 2010 break and on the whole had an excellent time. The start of the holiday could have been improved, no courtesy car/shuttle bus was provided at the airport unlike other hotels on the island and we therefore had to brave the scammers and touts therein and get our own taxi. Forget money exchange at the airport, even the hotel gives better rates.
The journey took about 20-30 mins through shanty towns to the hotel entrance whereupon security guards with sniffer dogs checked the contents of the taxi which was disturbing.
On entering the hotel we entered the lobby lounge which was enormous and after a painless reception went to our room. We were given a "garden view" room but in reality it was "shanty-town view" or "car-park view" or "construction site view". Do yourself a favour and request a seaview room where the views are amazing.
The room itself was very nice with all mod cons provided including a flat screen TV, free internet and a great comfy bed with lots of pillows. The bathroom was plainly furnished and had a very average shower unit. Whoever designed the bath was a moron as no matter what you did, water poured out over the floor and could only be contained by placing towels everywhere. One other gripe was the aircon which never went below 24C even though we turned it right down to 15C.
As for the rest of the hotel, it was amazing, huge and with everything new. The grounds were superb with the swimming pools being the main attraction. These are divided between the main pool and the waterpark. This waterpark has a wave ride, pirate ship and slides for kiddies and the young at heart. Be warned though the water slides have height and age restrictions. Numerous life guards are at attendance to assist.
With regard to food, we had breakfast every day in the "Familigia" restaurant. This was a huge buffet and had Korean, Japanese, Local and Western stations. This could not be faulted except for the juices. If you are in the tropics, why serve us with cheap supermarket OJ when you can get your own freshly squeezed stuff?
Along with this restaurant the hotel has also a Korean, Chinese and seafood outlets. Didn't try them as they were very pricey (by Filipino standards). Did have a buffet dinner at the "Familligia" restaurant and was OK but as the food was prepared earlier and there were few hotplates, much of the food was tepid by the time you eat it.
What we did was took the free shuttle bus to Ayala/SM City Shopping Malls (very average) and ate in town for a fraction of the price you would pay in the hotel. One night had an amazing meal at Anzanis (mediterranean cuisine). Highly recommended. Took taxis back to the hotel in the late evenings but be warned, the drivers often request a surcharge as the hotel is very remote and often they cannot find a fare to go back to town with.
As for nightlife in the hotel, this was very limited there was a piano man/crooner in the lobby lounge and a Karaoke club but that was about it. No western style bar/pub/nightclub/disco. I did venture out of the hotel grounds after dark and I wished I hadn't. I was immediately accosted by numerous locals all asking me if
I wanted happy time massages or women. Pretty sleazy.
As for the staff, they were wonderful. All were uniformly super friendly, welcoming and charming. Yes, there were various misunderstandings but they were very minor in nature and did not distract us from enjoying our stay. With regard to our fellow guests, they were virtually all Korean (the hotel is Korean owned and they seem to have colonized the whole of the island), with a smattering of locals and Westerners.
Overall we had an excellent time, this hotel caters for young couples and young families from the SE Asia region. I would not recommend this hotel for long haul visitors from Europe or North America who are planning to stay here for weeks. Cebu really does not have that many attractions but for a short stay of 3-5 days, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!