“Comfortable stay with good food...thanks Imperial”

JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
irvine
“Comfortable stay with good food...thanks Imperial”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

It is not your typical tropical resort.
They have a Waterpark that is kinda nice.

The room is clean and spacious and the beds are comfortable, You will be guaranteed of a good night rest.

When I was looking for hotels, I was told that I should go to Mactan's Shangrila.
But i decided to stay at Imperial because I wanted a newer resort.
The place except the waterpark is like Shangrila. The structure of the building and all.

But I do not regret staying at Imperial. I was able to rest well after spending a day going about my trips in Cebu and Bohol and more.

The staff are courteous and warm and accommodating.
I am treated like a star!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Hotel facilities

Room is worst than I expected for a relatively new hotel..You could tell the furnitures are cheaply made. Ok that's not the end of the world but the biggest problem is they don't have contant hot water supply. I turned the hot water tap on for 10 minutes at the rush hours in the evenng and the water is still cold. I have a 2yo kid with me so that's absolutely unacceptable

95% of the hotel visitors are from Korea. They seem to enjoy the swimming pools and the water slides very much. I'm from Hong Kong but I could tell the Westerners would not enjoy staying here beacuse there is NO proper beach at all. The so called beach at Imperial Palace is so small that it could accomodate like 15 people at one time. What's the point of going to Cebu if you are stuck in the swimming pools all day???

Most of the sun beds around the swimming pools are occupied whenever I went there. My son has to sit on the floor without shade. The place is too crowded in my opinion.

Worst than other brands like Sheraton / Le Meridien..I tried to get a buggy from the hotel pier back to the lobby but you have to wait like 25 mins. When I finally got back to the hotel entrance I saw there are plenty of empty buggys around. Get more staff please.

Very average but I don't know the usual Phillipines standard so not much comment.

My advice

If you have a 5-12 yr old kid who likes to play around in the swimming pools, they have like it. but if you want a romantic or relaxing holiday on the beach, forget it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank OlympicExpress
California
Reviewed 23 July 2010

While visiting family in Cebu, we decided to spend the day at the IP water park to celebrate the second birthday of my son who loves water. We called the day before to inquire about prices and were told to check in at the day use desk upon arrival.
Our party of 5 adults plus 3 boys (2 celebrating their 2nd birthday and one 4 year old), bought day use passes that included the buffet lunch and towel "rental," as well as access to the kids club for each child. Each adult paid 2400 pesos (which was about $50), and the kids were free.
The staff was helpful and kind, the kids pools were wonderful, though could use a bit of touching up around the edges (scratched paint, loose tiles, etc).
The buffet lunch was fantastic, the service was excellent and the variety of foods offered was really good. The staff brought out a piece of cake for my son and sang him happy birthday and it was the best part of his whole day. The chocolate cake was fantastic and I don't blame him for skipping the rest of his meal!
The only real downer was while using the larger adult pool (with the swim up bar), we could see that there were supposed to be waterfalls there and they were not active. So what should have been a really interesting circular pool with an island surrounded by waterfalls, was a little less interesting. But we all had a good time anyway.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sarahewk
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We went only to use the waterpark and were quoted nearly 11,000 pesos for using the park and a buffet lunch!! We did point out that we could have stayed for a couple of nights at a 5 star hotel in London for that price!! Eventually we were given a quote for just the waterpark (4900 pesos).
Firstly I was told I was not allowed to go into the water wearing a cotton t-shirt, despite being very sunburnt. "We don't allow cotton".
Secondly, I was told to remove all jewellery, even my wedding ring. "We don't allow jewellery"
The "we do not allow..." was continuous ... googles, sunglasses... people over 71 kg"!! I kid you not! We all had to be weighed at the top of the waterslides and were told whether or not we were too "fat" to go down them!!
For any averaged size westerner, don't bother going unless you are prepared to sign waivers at every slide and be weighed on a pair of old scales in front of a queue of excited swimmers, not to mention humiliated!!!
Fun? We had none!
We rushed back to the Shangri La as quickly as we could!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
14 Thank jellymoon
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have read and heard so much about this place, but when i finally got there, I was disappointed. It was not as beautiful as I thought it would be. The landscaping is not very attractive. The beach front is narrow. Staff friendliness and courtesy are much to be desired. Rooms, however, are ok, but I don not like the smell of the pillows and bed cover.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mujer_from_cebu
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2010

First, the good points. The beds and rooms are very nicely outfitted and comfortable. The pillows and sheets, for me, are amazing because I really like them soft and fluffy. They have a lot of electric outlets, and I was happy to see that they had speakers for iPods. They also have a nice veranda for appreciating the weather outside.

The food was delicious. I loved their breakfast buffet and the fact that my friends who like continental breakfast and I, preferring kimchi pancakes, can both be happy with the choices. Their restaurants also serve great food, especially the Korean restaurant, although I found it a bit too pricey even for the good quality. The food for the events (we attended a wedding) never disappointed.

The swimming pools are fantastic -- there was one that generated waves, one with a giant slide, and even one with a pirate ship! Definitely a resort with a lot of things to do, particularly if you're with kids (or the young at heart). My friends and I especially liked the pool with a bar in it. ;) There are a few strange drinks, but their mojito was great.

On the other hand, one major downfall of the hotel is its location. There isn't much to do around the area. Basically all the attractions are in the hotel itself, making the hotel its own destination, but that's not really the point of traveling, is it?

Another thing that bothered me was their exaggerated dedication to security. They wouldn't stop asking for our room number. Entering the compound, walking around the grounds, lounging in the pool...? I didn't understand the need to be that vigilant especially when it became not only annoying, but also intrusive.

The shower was also upsetting. The bathroom itself looks very nice, but functionally, it was disappointing. It was hard to take a shower and the drainage did not work. Using the shower inevitably meant flooding the entire bathroom.

Finally, I was a bit upset that we were moved to another room without so much as an apology or even an apologetic tone. Someone at the front desk should be trained to handle this situation appropriately, but that wasn't the case. I was told rather flatly that our reservation -- supposedly 3 beds -- was changed to one king-sized bed and a small couch because twin beds were no longer available. The small couch could not have fit an average-sized person. One of my friends is small, so she took the couch, but she was definitely uncomfortable trying to sleep. Maybe we should've complained more passionately, but the fact that they couldn't foresee our frustration with the new arrangement was a telling of their lackluster customer service.

In short, it's a beautifully developed hotel with great amenties, but they have a number of things that could be improved upon, especially in terms of service and guest interaction.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Asiandomination
India
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Imperial Palace is indeed imperial as the name goes. Huge property with one of the most vantage views of the beautiful Philippines Sea. Great place to chill out especially you plan to come with family. Very spacious rooms and well appointed. Good spa.

• Stayed February 2010
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!