“Imperial a real Palace”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Germany
“Imperial a real Palace”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I’m German and I stayed in the IP already the second time on business Trip. There is not much negative to say – It was a bit annoying that there was no more late checkout after 3PM, also the Hotel was not fully booked. I was asked to pay a full day after 3PM.
Apart from that everything is close to perfect. Hotel staff is very very friendly, Pools are clean, but shallow. Guests are mostly Korean.
IP offers Airport transfer for 150P. You should consider that for Pickup when you arrive, as Airport taxis could cost more. In anyway insist that taxidrivers use the Meter, or leave the Taxi. Charges of 10x normal price for Newbies may be charged.
All of the Staff speak English quite well. Around the Hotel there are some restaurants, but for the better places you need to take a Taxi. ( cheap with Metering) I recommend Fish at Magelan Point, or Italian or Thai near the Airport road.
Ip got free Internet, wired in the room, WiFi around Lobby and Pool.
The Beach is sandy (at low tide) relatively small, but gets cleaned every Day by Hotel staff. Water in the beach is also shallow. You will see some fish if snorkelling. Divesites around Mactan are not really famous, but Ok for a few dives. Diving at outside Hotel you will get from 60euro up. 30 Jetski/Waverunner 1200P up. See kontiki beach beside the Hotel.
Inside Hotel everything is quite expensive. Last not least – Its got a fantastic Breakfast.
But whoever goes there must be able to ignore the extreme poverty around the Hotel, with hungry children beging for Money and Food.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank wiesner64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
manila
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We enjoyed the food and hotel facilities...in other word the hotel is impeccable, however I must say that training is lacking especially to those lifeguards who could not speak English properly and yet do not bother to anticipate our needs. i will highly urge that Imperial Palace to recruit a well trained lifeguards and Managers.

We appreciate the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flicker7
australia
Reviewed 11 September 2010

upon check in, we were told that our room was upgraded to from de luxe to suite. when we got into the room, we couldnt believe the size of it. it was was roomy and it was perfect for us with two toddlers.
they have a few pools for everyone... the pirate pool was a hit for my kids.
the pool bar was awesome...
they have cabanas that are very nice.
staff are most friendly and accommodating, they remember my kids' names everytime we go out for city/shopping travel.
we ended up extending our stay here as we couldnt have enough!! and will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank flicker1
Manila
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I went there on a day trip from Manila with a friend. They have a package where you get to use the pools the whole day plus breakfast or dinner buffet. I had high expectations knowing this was a new hotel and it doesn't exactly come cheap. We had a good time swimming in the different pools but i was disappointed that there were no lockers. If you have a waterpark and offer such amenities to outsiders,i would think those things are very basic. But they do have a lot of staff who can ensure the safety and orderliness of the place.
At the end of the day, this was where things turned sour. Much to our surprise, the only showers they provided are outdoor showers! The type where you will be in plain view of everyone swimming in the pools. I could not believe that they missed something as basic as indoor showers for the comfort of their guests who are not staying overnight! Our complaint was handled poorly by the first person we talked to, where all she said was she will bring it up with management. Thankfully, her superior had the good sense to offer us a room just to freshen up. I also heard another guest complaining to the first person we talked too and she also handled the guest poorly and the guest was fuming mad. They should think twice about who they assign as client relation officers. These people must be topnotch in dealing with clients' concerns. We used the room offered to us because no way was i going to shampoo in plain view of everyone, and no way was i willing to board a plane back to Manila without having showered.
The buffet was great and so was the service in the restaurant Le Familia. They sort of made up for the bad service we got earlier. But sadly, i'll think twice about going back to this waterpark. To think we came all the way from Manila just to try it for the day.
In the hotel business, they should know that the comfort and convenience of their guests ought to come first. And there's no room for bad service.

I can't comment on the sleep quality because we didnt stay overnight.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank atfirstblush
Copenhagen
Reviewed 31 August 2010

If you’re wondering if this place has a lot of local flair to offer, they don’t. If you’re expecting the same cheerfulness that usually characterizes the Cebuano, then prepared to be disappointed. If you’re looking forward of seeing a lot of local Filipino or Cebuano on this place, then you’ll be upset to see more Koreans than locals. If you’ll ask me if my experience on this place was memorable, I’ll say nope.

Yes, everything I expected on a modern hotel facilities were there. There were enough swimming pools to choose from including the themed pool and their very narrow beach. Their restaurant offers lavished food and sweet. But to be honest, I was not impressed at all.

During my stay in Cebu, I have been to small hotels, pension house and known hotel and I was delighted to be served by the characters that well defines the Cebuano which was completely missing on this Hotel. Would it be so hard to hire a Cebuano as a receptionist instead of a Korean who can’t properly talk in English or even smile to its client?

This place is such a pity that they have to invest and develop a splendid place but failed terribly to incorporate what the Filipinos are known for. Going to this place is like going to Paris without the Eiffel Tower or Louvre museum. It’s like going to New York without the Statue of Liberty or perhaps going to China without the Great Wall. Have I known what to expect and see on this place then I should have been somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ulrick
los angeles
Reviewed 26 August 2010

My family stayed there for three night. We paid &160 per night plus $30 for an extra bed. The price comes with free buffet breakfast every morning. The breakfast was exceptional. However, if you eat lunch there, it will cost you $30 per person; massage is $50/ hour. The room, pools, and ground are definitely 5-star. In addition to a large pool, it also has a lazy river, kids pool, three water slides, and a small beach.

The groud was well-lanscaped and the staff were polite. The down side is its location. The moment you step off the hotel ground, you know you are in a third world country. The hotel has free shuttle taking guests to a very large, nice shopping mall, approximately 40 minutes travel time. Also, the guests are 98% Koreans, if you are Asians, the staff automatically assume you are Korean and will greet you as such, which was okay but a little odd.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jttf
irvine
Reviewed 12 August 2010

It is not your typical tropical resort.
They have a Waterpark that is kinda nice.

The room is clean and spacious and the beds are comfortable, You will be guaranteed of a good night rest.

When I was looking for hotels, I was told that I should go to Mactan's Shangrila.
But i decided to stay at Imperial because I wanted a newer resort.
The place except the waterpark is like Shangrila. The structure of the building and all.

But I do not regret staying at Imperial. I was able to rest well after spending a day going about my trips in Cebu and Bohol and more.

The staff are courteous and warm and accommodating.
I am treated like a star!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!