“good base for an overnight stay”

Dulcinea Hotel and Suites
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed on transit and enjoyed our stay in this unpretentious property.
What we liked:
* Instant reply to all our emails. From experience, only a handful of Philippine hotels we have stayed in give punctual reply to queries. This shows that Dulcinea values their potential guests.
* Smiling and accommodating front desk staff (Grace?) Were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a suite.
* comfortable bed and clean room
* good location near the airport and right in front of Gaisano Island mall
* Free airport shuttle
* Free drinking water in the lobby

What could be improved:
* The included breakfast could offer more choices
Would we stay here again? Yes

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel (occupied superior deluxe room) with my husband for 15 days and it sucks.
the room we stayed is perfect view for a garbage scattered in a vacant lot which what they posted in their website that ROMANTIC VIEW? i guess that's what they mean.
Water in the Bathroom is very low pressure, what i did is i get a glass and then dump the water in my head (your just like taking a bath in a usual way in the province area) and the toilet: you need to push for several times the flush button in order to reserve water for the next use or user. if not? the water will continuously flow.
Their Air conditioner is big BUT very low. they give us an electric fan but the longer you use the noisier it gets. you need to tap and re-position the electric fan to stop the noise.
We did avail the promo which is 25% discount but the 1 Supreme Pizza and 2 glasses of wine no where to be found. ( it's just a pizza and wine but at least they should serve it to us even if we don't want it)

here's the wose if you won't wake up on the the foot steps above or in their roof? you will wake up with person hammering or worse drilling on the next room. that's what they mean FINE LUXURY SLEEP

What the purpose if you have a big room if you are not Comfortable
i would say stay away from the room starting from the 311, 312 and to the adjacent room it's not a good location for what i've mentioned above.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AniersRads
Reviewed 17 September 2013

When I go to Cebu, I always choose Dulcinea Hotel and Suites. It is located 5 minutes away from the airport. Their rooms are very big and comfortable. The room features a flat screen TV, minibar full of well selected food and drinks at affordable price, a mini office with telephone, bathtub and toiletries. The rooms has a view of the city. We will always stay here whenever were in Cebu.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Greecine2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I sent an email twice but received no reply. I also called them 3 HOURS before my flight lands and they have confirmed that they are going to pick me up and the information that I sent is confirmed.

Just what the others experienced, NOBODY showed up to pick you up in the airport on time that I have to call them twice and the driver showed up 30 minutes later. OK fine, when I got to the reception the receptionist said on their records it showed a different time for picking up. Whatever, it's on my email and I even called to reconfirm. How many times do they need to be reminded for this? But I was told this is a Cebuano way of doing things ....slow and unreceptive.

I was only happy that the room is really large and bed can't be faulted. The bathroom fittings are however loose and I saw a bug crawling on the sink on the night that I stayed there.

Location wise it is good because you can buy provisions at the mall infront. There is also a decent massage next door. It is only around 5 minutes from the airport.

Will I stay here again? For convenience, yes. But I can just take a cab to go there as it is not far.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank whitefox44
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Close to airport, close to small mall and grocery store (underneath the Mall). Grocery store offers bank comparable exchange rates.

Contacted hotel a week before arrival to schedule the complimentary hotel shuttle. Upon arrival, no one was there, so took a taxi.

Room was ok, aircon, shower and door lock worked. That's about all I need.

Breakfast was ok. very minimalist, but tasty nonetheless.

Would probably only use this hotel again if I had a short connection in Cebu.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CL_Colorado
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was quite suprised at the nice condition and standard of this hotel as it was budget priced at the time of booking. The rooms are large and there is a bath tub and all the little luxuries I normally only find in $100+ rooms. The hotel is set back off a major road and opposite a large shopping mall. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nod069
dulcineahotel, Front Officer at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Nod069,
Thank you so much for taking your time to post your experience at Dulcinea Hotel Cebu here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you find the rooms comfortable during your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed there for 1 week, and we really enjoyed our stay. The best thing about this hotel is the staff!!! They went out of their our way to make our stay as pleasureful as possible, thank you Zyra for all you did for us! The rooms are big, and clean, the wifi works like anywhere else in the Philippines and the location is good, with a mall across the street. There is also a great Japanese restaurant just down the street. If ever in Cebu again, well be back for sure...........

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the back of the hotel with the view on the river
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reivinmandm
dulcineahotel, Front Officer at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear Reivinmandm,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Dulcinea Hotel and Suites Cebu! It's great news to hear about how the staff delivered best service that leaves you with a truly enjoyable experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we'd love to see when you coma back.
Thank you for giving time to post your comment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#12 of 32 in Lapu Lapu
Chambre Hotel Mactan
Chambre Hotel Mactan
#11 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Dulcinea Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!