Marine Tour - Scotty's Action Sports Network
US$41.00*
and up
Fly fish
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Very professional and efficient. The shop is impeccable, the equipment is maintained and organized, the staff is very polite and knowledgeable, and the shop is located right on the Shangri-la marine sanctuary. It is a walk-in, shallow dive, but there are hundreds of marine species, from different types of coral to a wide variety of fish. The downside is that it is located inside Shangri-la resort and the dive is a bit pricey, but it is worth it. I strongly recommend it, specially as a beginner since this is a shallow dive with a lot to see.

2  Thank Zulumbi
in 4 reviews
"shangrila"
"shore"

Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shangri-La Mactan Resort (Philippines) and Scotty's had a desk/area there. Prior to our arrival, I sent numerous emails and got 1 response (very generic that didn't answer my questions) and then no one responded after that.

When we were set to go on our excursion, Scotty's was delayed about 30/45 minutes and had no towels. So, we were told we had to go down to the pool and get our own towels. The guide wasn't really a guide, she knew little English and just rode on the boat saying maybe 5 words to us. One of the Filipino crew took us out snorkeling (hardly any English) and knew a little about the fish, but no one went over the "how-to's" of snorkeling for the first timers or talked about what we might see. We were just told to get in the water, which prompted lots of confusion. Also, one of the crew members was smoking. I'm 4 months pregnant and really didn't appreciate that!

The couple that was with us had never snorkeled before and they had some problems and decided not to snorkel. They ended up sitting on the boat. My husband and I felt bad for them. Our first snorkel trip was in Thailand and the crew were fantastic and talked to us about the fish and what we'd see and how to snorkel. It was much, much better.

Plus, we paid a lot for this excursion, but neither lunch nor drinks were included (only 2 bottles of water - small). We've done other excursions in the past where we've paid less and everything was included.

I would not recommend this company.

3  Thank Littlegrl401
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I dove on average two dives a day for five days with Scotty's dive team. On the whole, I had a great experience. Though I was diving during one of the season's busiest times, each day I received personalized service and was well looked after by the shop's managers, dive masters and technicians. It's a great challenge to accomodate divers and snorkelers with varying levels of experience and competence from different countries, but Scotty's team worked hard to give everyone an enjoyable and memorable experience. Whether you're a first time snorkeler, a recreational diver or a highly trained technical diver, Scotty's team can provide you everything you need for a great dive. Next time I'm in Cebu I'll dive with Scotty's team again.

1  Thank Mark P
mikalivingston, Dive Manager at Marine Tour - Scotty's Action Sports Network, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

The Christmas and New Year season is drawing to a close. We at Scotty’s wish to thank all our divers for making this time special. We had deep dives, night dives, wreck dives and funny dives! New buddy teams forged, with familiar faces making a welcome return. Our guests came from all over the world to dive with us (one guest (Mark) loved to dive our Marine Sanctuary) and we appreciate their faith in trusting us with their dive vacation. Looking back, and I speak for the whole team here at Scotty’s, it’s easy to say this was one of the most rewarding times to be a working here.

To all our guests, we look forward to diving with you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Scotty Dive centre is very professional and friendly. We booked a trip to Nalusuan marine sanctuary for snorkelling. We have the whole boat to ourselves, with a stewardness (who speaks English), a boatman and a very good local swimmer to 'protect' us when we snorkel.
Saw NEMO and his dad! A number of huge table corals, and definitely many other beautiful fish.
We spent an hour snorkelling and the local diver (our 'protector) picked from the bottom of the sea bed some starfish to show us. It was fun.
Water is provided.

SeaFood Lunch at the stilt restaurant is optional, and we didn't go for it because I don't eat shellfish.

2  Thank sweet_mermaid