“Good but exy”

More Info
and up
Fly fish
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great instructor, as you'd expect from a scuba centre inside the Shangri-La hotel,
It's expensive, but again as you'd expect from shangri-la. Just over 8k php

They offer a full service, basic beginners through to certifications and multi-dives.
Hiring an underwater camera was 1000PHP! Bring your own if you can.

Lots of life to see, corals, fish big and small.
Saw a few lion fish and a cloud fish, there was a blue jellyfish and lots of corals.

Beginner or taster courses start at 9am and 1pm. Call to book ahead, they also take solo divers, which most other providers do not, asking to have a 2p minimum to take you out, so that was a bonus

2  Thank Alicia P
in 15 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great service! Great staff! Great resort! Awesome dive locations! I had such a great time diving with the great instructors here. Highly recommended!

Only minus is the food of the Shangri La resort. Overpriced and not very good.

5  Thank John K
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I took my brother-in-law with me on a half day snorkelling adventure to the Nalusuan Island Marine Sanctuary with Scotty's. We were staying in Cebu at the Radisson Blu Hotel. Booked in ahead of time with Scotty's. Took a cab ride to the Shangri La Resort. (was P250 approx one way) We went in the afternoon. boat departed at 1pm, was back by about 4:30pm. towels and water were provided free. It was a fantastic experience that we will remember for along time. The range of corals and marine life out there is a wonder to behold. Weather was fine, tide was low. Jellyfish were few so we didn't need to hire the full wetsuits. We probably had about an 1.5hr snorkelling time.

Rizza from Scotty's was very helpful in explaining everything to us. She answered all my questions and concerns. Emailing her wasn't a problem. Noreen our boat hostess was also very polite and helpful. We also had a guide in the water with us. Thanks guys for making our afternoon very enjoyable.
Scotty's can rent you a go-pro camera if you want to take underwater pictures. approx. P1100 + a refundable deposit of P20000. bring your own SDHC card or they can save images to a CD for you.

This was my brother's first time snorkelling. He was a bit apprehensive at first, but soon came to grips with the equipment and how to snorkel and really enjoyed the experience. He couldn't stop thanking me afterwards. I would definitely do this trip again myself and recommend it, you won't regret it. Thank you Scotty's.

3  Thank LDSmember
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Scotty's is great - Scott is a professional ( I finished my rescue program under his instructions) I made a short video about our last caveDiving: http://youtu.be/3DyuqVM9XZo
Highly recommend it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I both love diving, especially in warm tropical waters. This trip to Cebu has exceeded all expectations and can only be described as truly wonderful. Before the trip, we made our usual enquiries by e-mail to Scotty’s at Shangri-La, Mactan, so that we can plan our trip. The response from the dive centre was swift and informative. Despite our endless list of questions, Ray (ultimately our instructor) remained patient and professional. We ended up daring to try something new, doing a course on technical diving, no less! This certainly beats the run of the mill recreational diving and opens our eyes to a new dimension. We have learnt so much. Even so, I must also say that the marine life was in abundance and beautiful. The dive centre was well organised and extremely well equipped. The instructors were all highly qualified, professional and yet friendly, making us feel at home from the start. Our instructor Ray was strict but patient and managed to encourage me to perform tasks that I never thought I could manage. Due to the unique location of Scotty’s, right in the midst of the Shangri-la Marine Sanctuary, there are a large number of dive sites nearby. We have only managed a few this time, amongst them, the amazing San Juan Wreck at Liloan Bay and the Marigondon Caves. We would love the opportunity to go back and explore the rest. Thank you Ray, Peter and Chris for a great and memorable trip.

3  Thank Philip-Silke