Tea of Spring at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 154 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tea of Spring offers a selection of traditional, contemporary, herbal, vegetarian and fragrant Chinese cuisine in a timelessly elegant and stylish setting, complemented with a wide selection of loose-leaf teas.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely brilliant restaurant. Great food and great service. Dined there on two nights during our stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Tea of Spring, which is in Shangrila Hotel, Mactan, Cebu, serves a select number of Chinese dishes, which are mostly tasty and not the "pedestrian" type. We had, for example, crispy eel flavored with "everlasting memory tea" which was very good, stewed pork ribs Shanghainese style served with Chinese 'cuapao' bread, braised eggplant with minced pork_ a bit spicy but quite good_ crispy egg noodles with prawns and egg yolk sauce, & assorted vegetables with garlic. Dinner there yesterday was probably my 3rd or 4th time in this restaurant, however, this time I was appalled to see, upon arrival at the restaurant, that a long (connected) table by the entrance of the restaurant - the outdoor area- had not been cleared of used dishes, glasses, food bits, etc. We did not have reservations, thus, the Receptionist told us to wait outside. Upon seeing that the only chairs outside were by the uncleared "dirty table", she directed us to the opposite end of the outdoor area and one by one, carried a chair from the dirty connected tables to the other side for each of us. In the meantime, we studied the menu for our orders, & after ten to fifteen minutes, we were asked to enter. All this time the dirty long table was still uncleared , such that my husband had to tell a senior waiter: "you know what, it is so unsightly to have un-cleared tables right by your entrance...can you have it cleaned"...whereupon the waiter looked for someone to clear up the used dishes, etc. The Resto did not seem to have any "busboy" to immediately clean up after diners leave a table. We ordered the above-mentioned food, and the eel and veggies came ahead, then the noodles-- then after perhaps another 20-30 minutes, the rest of our order. The servers were quite busy, though, going back and forth the kitchen, and, courteous as they were, it is just not pleasant to have food served at such long intervals. The bottom line is that there was not enough staff to clear & clean up tables, & perhaps, to cook and also, to serve. I don't know if yesterday's slow service was an unusual occurrence, but if diners want a good-paced meal, or are in some sort of "time-bind" this is not the place at the moment. The three stars (actually it should be a 3 1/2) is for the food quality, though, which was quite satisfactory.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

the place is good but not good enough for me especially when i live in hongkong, i guess i'm just a little picky when it comes to chinese food.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I don't know even hot to start this rating...
I really WORRY when I see comments like "good" or I see a certificate of excellency and my experience is totally opposite.
I guess it all depends on everybody's standards.
I have been to several Chinese restaurants around the world and few of my favorite restaurants in the world are actually in China, but I really rather go to McDonalds (and I HATE McDonalds) than repeating a meal here.

I called for a reservation and after giving my name, I was given a list of restrictions regarding my reservation in case of being delayed, that I almost decided not to go.
As you arrive, the hostess great you very efficiently and bring you to your table... and that is the last time you had good service.
Eventually the waiter came, I had a few questions about the "signature dishes" and he couldn't answer any, so I decided to venture...

• The Two-flavors wonton soup was "OK"

• The Stir-fried scallops with walnuts and Min Chen West Lake long jing tea (On of the signature dishes) was actually a catastrophe! a total absence of flavor and the scallops undercooked, the walnuts tasted like they were roasted in motor oil, impossible to eat (picture attached)

• Stir-fried prawns, Sichuan style, they were "OK"

• The mixed garlic vegetable, were only two vegetables and the garlic impossible to find

Besides this, the waiters don't follow, don't clean the table after you finish, the noise of the place is really high and the kids playing with the chopsticks beating the china and the table in at least 3 tables was absolutely irritating.

The most shocking part of the all experience, was a waiter cleaning the A/C vents in the middle of the service and of course a picture is attached too.

The restaurant looks nice? Yes
The food looks nice? Yes

But unfortunately that is about it..!
Do not waist your time, energy and money going to this place.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

went here for it was the most reasonably priced restaurant among all resto in Shangrila Mactan Cebu. Ordered dimsum, beef pepper, chicken pao and some porridge. All great, we enjoyed it a lot.

The staff served with great hospitality.