“Clean and nice, but.............”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at this resort and I must say we were profoundly disappointed. The good news first. The place is newish and clean, the staff most courteous and helpful. Now the negatives. It is very pricey with the cheapest rates at around $200, the food and drinks in the resort are outrageously priced, it is very far from the main road and many taxis refuse to take you there, the expensive drinks are always being pushed on you by the waiting staff, the beach is miniscule and rocky to boot! The workmanship in the rooms is shoddy, our fridge and safety deposit box did not work, the door does not fit snug to the frame allowing a huge gap for mosquitoes and other bugs to enter the room. Hi-fi was spotty at the best of times. Bottom Line - AVOID at all costs

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank SixcontinentsRiyadh
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear SixcontinentsRiyadh,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service in our restaurants.

I have noted your comments with regards to the hotel’s facilities and food which I have shared with my colleagues. I express regret at your dissatisfaction. But rest assured that we are constantly looking for ways to further improve on these areas.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to share our hospitality with you.

JAMES MONTENEGRO

Write a ReviewReviews (3,832)

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Cebu is rapidly becoming a popular destination for package tourists from North Asia. The hotel is relatively new and the grounds are quite nice. However, they have a small pool complex which got over-run by noisy/exuberant tourists from Korea; their beach sucks and some of the rooms were noisy and had poor finishing eg gaps b/w the door & door-frame. The food was ok - buffet style fare. So, just understand what you're getting before you go there. Its not a classic resort style hotel

Room Tip: Its not a tropical paradise resort
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TomG1234

Dear TomG1234,

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The resort was wonderful, very nice, clean and comfortable rooms in a nice garden setting. The only downside: beach small and rocky. However, the atmosphere and proximity to airport very nice for shorter stays. Very nice breakfast buffet with lots of choices, restaurant ok, however a bit on the pricy side.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, some bungalows and some rooms in 2 story building. If you don't want to cli...

Dear Conny R,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your comments about the hotel’s food and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues. The beach in Mactan area is generally rocky, but we are looking for ways to further improve our beach.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I checked in to this resort hoping for a nice relaxation after all the stresses and pressures during the week. I never regret having stayed in Crimson.

You can really experience tranquil and private moments even if you are just alone checking-in the resort. However, I was with friends but stayed in my room alone. They found Crimson to be a superb and relaxing resort in Mactan Island, as well.

And yes, I was really relaxed when I availed the Aum Signature Massage. It's worth the premium price staying in Crimson and getting pampered at Aum Spa.

Saffron was also the best hotel restaurant in the metro with lots of food selections. Even if I and my friends dined late, the restaurant still displayed their foods with no trays and bowls empty until they closed for the night.

Lastly, it had the best WIFI during my stay there. I can upload some moments in a few minutes after taking pictures and shared them on Facebook and Twitter. Even on the beachfront, there was a WIFI Signal.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is one the best rooms for single travelers.
1  Thank BjornCebuano

Dear Bjorn Cebuano,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your invaluable comments about the hotel’s food, service and Aum Spa will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I enjoyed staying at this resort. The landscaping is very beutiful. It reminds me of resorts in Scottsdale Arizona. The whole place is very clean, pools, gym, rooms, and resturant. The food is very good and has a choice for everyone at there buffet. All the workers I came in contact with we're very nice. I notice when they say hello to you they place their hand on their heart. I know not any place in this world is perfect and we can find a thing or two such as a gap under my room door. Big deal. It did not ruin my vacation at this resort. I will stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Santan2020,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your invaluable comments about the hotel’s food, service and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

few min drive from mactan airport.

if alone..enjoy SOLITUDE in different angle.. to RELAX, UNWIND....
forget your diet while dining at SAFFRON CAFE..
get pampered at their "AUM Signature Massage" at AUM spa and wellness =D

Dear MarkG,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and, with great pleasure, your invaluable comments about “AUM Signature Massage” will be passed on to my colleagues.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Non-smokers beware...Crimson is NOT a smoke-free environment! The Asian visitors smoke abundantly at the pool, at the outside bar, and at the outside restaurant tables. If you are in a common area on hotel grounds, you cannot escape it. If we had known this was the case before we booked our trip here, we would've made other hotel arrangements. Upon check-in to our room, we found the Wi-Fi signal to be so weak as to be non-existent, and the toilet seat was so loose that it was barely attached to the toilet itself. The bathroom was stocked with two towels, only one hand towel, and no washcloths. A visit to the Front Desk to report these problems resulted in a maintenance guy coming to the room two hours later. Housekeeping brought us another hand towel and a supply of washcloths about the same time. The Wi-Fi signal during out entire 4-night visit was weak and unreliable. It was adequate for briefly checking E-Mail and that's about it. The breakfast buffet was okay...I thought the food selection was rather limited and cooked-to-order options were limited, too. The waiter staff was unattentive and I repeatedly had to get up from my table to go chase somebody down for refills of water and coffee. Two mornings out of the four we were there, we found ants crawling on the tops of our tables. Room security is a joke. There is a very poor seal around the room doors, so much so that I was easily able to use my credit card to gain access to our room and our parents' room by simply sliding the card between the door latch and the doorjam. Less than 2 seconds to get into almost any room without a key. Needless to say, when we left the room, we made sure not to leave any valuables...forcing us to carry our laptops and cell phones with us, even if we were just going to sit at the pool or on the resort beach. At night, you cannot feel safe in your room. Bar prices for the local San Miguel beer are reasonable. Bar food menu was also good and reasonably priced. We loved the beef steak sandwiches and the calamari. Bar service was spotty...several days I constantly had to chase somebody down to order another drink or something to eat. The only good day of service at the bar was when Ariel was taking care of us. He was polite and never more than a quick wave away from us. The other servers were simply on the clock to collect their paychecks...very poor work ethic by the restaurant and bar servers. If we ever return to Cebu for another visit, we'll not be staying at the Crimson. We did take a taxi from the Crimson over to the Shangri-La and the difference between the two resorts is like night-and-day. If you're going to Cebu, check out the Shang.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Crimson...stay at the Shangri-La!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank johnb6597
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Johnb6597,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit. Your comments are valuable in our continuous effort to improve Crimson Resort and Spa and its service..

I truly understand your concerns about the smoker’s smell in and around the resort areas. We have taken note and have designated smoke free zone in the hotel to ensure that we provide a smoke-free experience to future customers.

Furthermore, I have noted your comments regarding the speed and efficiency of the Saffron staff while serving coffee during breakfast. The Food and Beverage Manager has been apprised of the situation and has been instructed to ensure that adequate staff are available to address the clients’ needs in the most efficient manner.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

James Montenegro

#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!