“Looking for Cream in the Pie”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Looking for Cream in the Pie”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Crimson Resort in Cebu is a nice resort. Less than 10 minutes from Mactan International Airport you will arrive in an amazing resort. The place looks elegant with the infinity pool to wow you upon entering the place.

I love the architectural design of the place. Our room was ok but got disappointed with the view of the villa roof in my window area. The place can cater a lot of people but i got disappointed upon realizing that not all rooms have a good view. If you want a good view you might need to spend extra cash to enjoy it. So before before booking with Crimson make sure that you get a good view.

I may say it is quite over priced with what it can offer. I know more resorts who can offer the same rate with good rooms and location. Disappointing it may seem how i wish they designed it that all the rooms in a more strategic way. I felt like a pauper with added benefit of enjoying a good looking room but when i look outside felt like a dormitory looking at the villa roofs and other tenement style rooms.

I have seen their villas and yes it was nice. I might enjoy the place if i inside the villa.

People were not as receptive as from the other resorts i have been to. How i wish they can improve their services. Hats off to the people in Saffron who were always helpful and smiling. There are some excemptions to the unmindful ones but there can be room for improvement. You have a good resort hope you can give good service.

Food was good but not excellent. The waitress made it more tasteful with her smiles. Thank you! I may not remember your name now since it was a few months ago but thank you!

Since i was there for business and had a group with me thank God i didn't spend for it since i cannot see value for money for the services. But i would go back on my own... i might think twice.

Verdict? Place was really amazing but the experience seems lacking...Looking for the cream in the pie!

Room Tip: Don't just book a room make sure you may be paying for a de luxe room but with a good location.N...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank charitycn76
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Charitycn76,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have noted your comments which I have also shared with my colleagues. I express regret that we have fallen short of your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will assist us in further improving our food, facilities and services.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

JAMES MONTENEGRO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My family and I spent mother's day at Crimson. Excellent service! Staff are exceptionally warm and friendly. It has a relaxing ambiance and the facilities are very new and modern. Yummy buffet at Saffron Cafe. Overall it was a very pleasant stay! Oh, and don't forget to try their Aum signature massage at Aum Spa, love it! ^_^

Room Tip: We had the deluxe garden room near the pool and beach area
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krisha_Gayle
Dear Krisha_Gayle,

I am pleased to hear that you and your family have enjoyed celebrating Mother’s Day at our resort. Your excellent comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues who will no doubt be inspired to work harder in delivering great customer service.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My family and I spent christmas at crimson in Lapu lapu City, Cebu and we were disappointed. The hotel is over priced, the amenities are not that much and our view was a parking lot!

Room Tip: avoid the parking lot view!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tonetmarquez_16
Dear TGM_16,

I have noted your comments with regards to your disappointment over the hotel’s prices and amenities which I have also shared with my colleagues. This will assist us in further improving our facilities and services.

Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Not overly impressed by this resort, reception staff not very helpful, my partner and I ended up with a twin room with 2 single beds as the queen room we booked and paid for was not ready mid afternoon. The fact that the room had only single beds was not clearly explained. No reduction or compensation was offered. The breakfast in the dining room was very good with a large selection of foods. The "beach" was horrific, imported sand over sharp rocks which looked good to the water line. The facilities were good, great safe place for families, not so crash hot for a romantic weekend with your lover.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you paid for
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David C
Dear David C,

I have noted your comments regarding your room which I have shared with my colleagues. I express regret at your dissatisfaction with being given a room with two single beds instead of a king size bed. I have relayed this to the concerned Manager who will endeavor to be more vigilant in providing our guests with the rooms originally requested.

Bacolod, Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed 9 May 2012

my family together with my inlaws spent 3 days 2 nights in crimson, it was breathtaking experience, all in one roof, the beach was great, pool was great, it is a kid friendly resort, the prices of the food are so worth it and they have big serving, one thing about crimson is service. they have great customer service everything you need they can provide.=) would come back again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Keziah_0429,

I am pleased to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our resort. Your excellent comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will be passed on to my colleagues who will strive even harder in delivering great customer service.

Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My friends and I stayed at Crimson last February 8-10 (late post) and we loved every minute of it. The service was excellent! :-D From the receptionist who checked us in, the concierge who brought our bags to our room (we took a ride on a larger version of a golf cart), the staff who always asks us if they could assist taking our photos, to the guy from the fitness center, our yoga teacher and to the attentive servers at Saffron Cafe and Azure Pool Bar. Sorry I forgot their names but all of them were very proactive and accommodating. Loved the scheduled daily activities like snorkeling, fish feeding and Yoga which are complimentary for in house guests :-). Buffet breakfast was very good as well. I also loved their cake slices from the Pastry shop at discounted rate in the evenings paired with Iced coffee at Azure Pool Bar. Although the beach was a bit small, the excellent service by everyone and the the overall feel of the place made up for it. Will definitely come back to this hotel. :-)

Room Tip: Request for a room near the beach and swimming pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Juju0417,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed the various activities of our resort. Your good comments about the hotel’s food, services and facilities will serve as an inspiration and we will all strive even harder to provide excellent service to all our guests.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Since all other Mactan hotel choices were booked, my husband and I decided to give Crimson a shot. I wasn't expecting much looking at the pictures on their website but arriving there..they exceeded my expectations. We apparently were assigned a butler named Ritchie who picked us up at the airport and made sure we were cared for like VIPs. From his volunteering to chill our champagne, escorting us to the lounge for complimentary cocktails and having them extend it a little it since we had a few minutes left, to making sure our room was clean when we got back from breakfast, the beach or from dinner. ..he made our stay extra special. Unlike the Shang where we regularly stay when we are in Cebu, Crimson has spacious ocean facing villas with a private plunge pool and it's affordable! We loved our room, the view when we woke up in the morning, the option it gave us when we got tired of the beach and wanted privacy we could hang out in the plunge pool. This room will now be our new vacation default whenever we feel like relaxing. The whole hotel reminds me of a mini Bali hotel with it's huge main pool, views, attentive service and brown sanded beach. A couple of things they have to work on: buffet breakfast - small and the items are not as exciting as Shang buffet and they should clean their stations more often as it does not make for god ambiance to see stacked dirty dishes while having a relaxing breakfast. It would also be nice if they had a specially restaurant instead of a sports bar. Maybe Chinese or italian -then we wouldnt need to leave the resort. Also if waitstaff can be trained to give the consistent experience when dining and rather than say "no we have no more Danggit" can say let me see what I can do. As for the spa, the massage was great.sadly though my husbands headrest was too low and could not be fixed in the beginning of the massage but was fixed midway so he only enjoyed part of it. All in all Crimson has huge potential to rival Shang it just needs to provide a more consistent VIP experience to it's guests.

Room Tip: We loved room 508 and 507 as these were quiet and away from the crowd at the same time had fantastic...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DharmaHMC,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even more so, that our butler Ritchie had made your stay extra special. I will be sharing your comments with him. I have also noted your suggestions as we are constantly looking for ways to further improve our services and facilities.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!