“Excellent training breeds quality.”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Makati, Philippines
“Excellent training breeds quality.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Well designed, tastefully appointed rooms plus excellent service make for an unbeatable combination. Every member of the staff that i encountered or with whom i had any kind of interaction was clearly well trained.

Kudos to the FB management and staff especially. All our meals were delightful. Service was polite, attentive but not intrusive.

Finally, as someone who has difficulty sleeping on any bed other than my own, i was pleasantly surprised by the bed and temperature comfort in our villa.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear Eduardo C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. Our F&B team is especially tickled with your wonderful comments regarding your meals and the service you received. Such excellent comments regarding the resort’s services, food and facilities will help inspire us to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My experience at Crismon was all fabulous! I cant say anything bad the resort as this surpasses my expectations. First of all, I went there with my bf to spend some quality time.. and quality time it was. We stayed for a night and the price for the room includes the BUFFET breakfast with numerous selections of cuisine.

What i really like about this resort is their arrangements of the hotel rooms and the function areas. First. the hotel rooms or i shall i say cottages are placed in one side of the resort so it gives the feeling of being in a small village where it is ideal to take a walk on the stone steps.
I can say that the ROOMS are BIG and CLEAN~! and the garden is well-maintained.

The activity areas such as the billiard halls and badminton spaces are located on the ground floor of the Reception Building..so when you want to play ..you cant bother the other people resting. ^^ The children have their own space as well..The resort has a playhouse on the ground right next to the pool and GYM.

Also ,the pool is so inviting. .it is just a few steps away from the main restaurant and the outdoor bar. The resort also offers some water sports at a competitive price.

My bf and I agreed that Crimson is ideal for spending a good time with your special someone because the resort isnt crowded and the place is just amazing!!

To tell you the truth, a few KOREAN Stars ,famous celebrities and politicians in the PHILIPPINES have stayed there because of the privacy it offers. (my info of them is based on my ENCOUNTER when i was there and the blogs where they upload their pics).

Not to boast, my room was just 3 doors away to that one of the Korean stars i mentioned..heheh

CRIMSON RESORT+ FOOD+ RELAX+ PRIVACY > VERY SATISFIED!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sooky D
Dear Sooky2022004,

I am pleased that you had a fabulous experience at our resort. I have shared your excellent comments regarding the resort’s food and facilities to my colleagues who will be inspired to strive harder in maintaining our standards.

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Warning: this is my third day and there has never been any internet and I have no t been assured that anything will be fixed by the timer I leave in a few days.
I cannot communicate how awful the internet is at this hotel. I had better internet experience in 1997 when it first became available using a 13.3k dial up modem. I just tried to get the internet speed at www.speedtest.net on my iPad and ‘Safari could not open the page’ because the connection is sooo slow.
What is worse is that I have important banking and other business to do while on vacation and I do not know how else to do it other than fight with front desk staff until they realize they must let me use their land line at one of the two computers they use to get information for guests.
Now that I finally have access I am using this computer first to write a hotel review.
I have never written one before as I have never been so shocked at how foolish a hotel has responded to such a chronic problem. Certainly if the senior management of this hotel had any appreciation to how important internet access is to most people living in the world today this problem would be fixed within 24 hours not weeks at some time in the future.
I will not return to this hotel unless they publish tested internet speeds for my room prior to booking.
Everything else in the hotel is good. The food is good, the staff are excellent (except in their insane inability to admit that this internet problem is extremely serious) and transportation is poor.
I wanted to go to a mall called Ayala. A shuttle left at 2:30 and then pick up is at 4:30 or 10pm. 10 pm is way too later for me and my daughter. It is a 45 minute ride so leaving at 2:30 (arrive 3:45) then pick up at 4:30 is 45 minutes of shopping?! This is not practical. Most people just want to shop 2-3 hours?
Bottom line - excellent staff, good food, nice rooms, good pool, poor transportation and NO INTERNET! Do not believe the hotel manager when he later responds and says ‘we are working on it’. This hotel has a duty of publishing measured internet speeds in every room to recover from this genuine bad press.
I would be even willing to pay for a USB internet connection if that was offered but this problem is just treated as a minor problem. How foolish!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Family T
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Family T,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction with regards to the internet during your stay. It was due mostly to the bad weather since we were using satellite. However, we have already switched since then and the problem has now long been rectified.

Mumbai
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Firstly, Cebu is fantastic. Idyllic, lazy and with literally nothing to do, it is a great escape. Even the closest shopping mall is a good 30 minutes drive away!

Crimson resorts fitted this scene perfectly - Large enough to be spacious, yet small enough to be cozy. The rooms are large (the villas are better, but much more expensive!) and the bathrooms are almost the size of the room. We found this to be a bit strange, but it makes the room experience that much more luxurious. The service is very intimate and personal (specially at the poolside bar) which makes the holiday even more special.

Extra special mention - The Aum spa is an unforgettable experience. The Hilot massage (a deep tissue traditional Filipino massage) was so fantastic that we did it two times over three days.

The only drawback in this fantastic property - there is no beach (well, there is a small beach which is gravelly and honestly, feels artificial). And this is the only facet on which ShangriLa (the only other 5 star property in Mactan) scores higher marks. But, equally, the ShangriLa feels much larger and impersonal. Given a choice, if you are not bothered about the beach, stay at the Crimson

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing deluxe room (there are only four of them)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Sub_maya_hai,

I am pleased that you had an unforgettable experience at our Aum Spa and enjoyed our Hilot massage. I have passed on your comments to our Spa Manager who along with her team will no doubt be inspired to strive harder in maintaining our standards. I have also noted your comments with regards to our beach which we are currently improving to further delight our guests.

Earth
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This resort is targeted at a specific market with more money then sense. Firstly the resort is quite isolated so once you check in you are trapped. There are no taxis available on a whim, you have to wait and wait and wait at reception just to try and get out of the place.

At $350 a night this place is not shy to take your coin. So what do you get? In my experience very little. The room is nice enough although the bedroom and bathroom are equal size which is strange. That aside for the duration of my stay I had no hot water. So the nice big bath was redundant. Even though I complained it was not rectified before check out. You can get cold water for $10 a night.

The food options in the restaurant are very limited. A Thai Beef Salad at the Pool Bar was something a 5 year old might have conceived - salad leaves, big slices of chewy beef and a salad dressing of sweet chili sauce. Very authentic no doubt. In the evening the main event is yet another giant buffet. Same as lunch. And same as breakfast. Some people just love them buffets.

The breakfast is chaotic. My 7 month pregnant wife and I had to stand in line for 20 minutes just to get in. Once given the keys to the kingdom there was nowhere to sit and it was like a feeding frenzy - no bacon, no mango, no bread left. Let me reiterate the $350 a night price tag.

If you want to pay high prices for low quality then this is the place for you. I left crimson with anger.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Someclevertag
Dear Someclevertag,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction over the food selection and breakfast service. Our Food & Beverage Director is looking into the matter in order for us to rectify this. Rest assured that we are continually striving to ensure that we delight our guests.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 July 2012

stayed here last October 2011 with my husband for 3 days..first off, room rates are steep..but the rooms are very nice, the decor refreshing to the eyes,fresh sheets,pillows,towels,comfortable bed..next, the breakfast, although very busy it was very good, that time we were there it was full of koreans who didnt have any trouble elbowing their way around cutting people off, anyway, the pool was overcrowded that time with yes,same koreans who were now tipsy and jumping and screaming in the pool, the water was milky and the pool has a very concrete feel and look.by accident i left my burberry sunglasses by the pool and when i checked with their lost and found section after i realized it a couple of hours after, nothing. i didnt let up and called up front desk,manager,anyone i could ask.. and the next day my sunglasses were returned in the afternoon, apparently,it was kept by one employee for "safe keeping" hmm..whats the use of their lost and found section then if things found dont get reported eh?? moving on,i ate at their restaurant and yea, pretty steep, my lunch cost me nearly a thousand bucks (balbacua soup,a ceasar salad&mango shake, VAT,TAXES,SERVICE CHARGE etc etc)..their massage for two is high enough to pay for a one night stay in the hotel..their gym is beautiful and although small,very new equipment. the seaside bar is very nice at night, we had pizzas,burgers and drinks there..expensive though. the service road leading to the resort is full of poverty,it will break your heart looking at the children, however, this has nothing to do with the resort. so,all in all, good thing the rooms are nice and food is good because the beach..well..its small although clean, sand is imported, water is scary..full of live seaweed,i wore my slippers the whole time and didnt bother swimming at all..if it's beach you're after, go to Boracay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beeven
, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Beeven,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction with regards to our response towards your missing Burberry sunglasses. Although, we have improved our procedure for lost and found since then. Rest assured we are continually striving to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times.

Manila
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Nice resort, fairly new... however located very far from the city proper (understandable I suppose since they want it to be a haven for relaxation). Pool view is beautiful.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank aishadizon
Dear Aishadizon,

I am delighted that you find our pool view beautiful. Your excellent comments about the hotel’s facilities have been passed on to my colleagues.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!