Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,157 results
All reviewsazure barsaffron cafevilla hostplunge pooldeluxe garden roomfoam partygolf cartkids clubbreakfast buffetbeach areabeach frontwater sportsjet skiisland hoppingcebu citytempoactivities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The SERVICE is GREAT, the STAFF are WONDERFUL. I had a business trip to Cebu, and got my family tag along. Me and my family enjoyed our stay, including all the extra events for the kids. On the way to the airport, we left behind our 3luggages in a city taxi. The staff facilitated getting our luggage back. We hope to go back to sometime.

Room Tip: Stay close to the SEA.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Dear Rolly L,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

It is a constant delight to read comments from our guests saying that our service is great and our staff is wonderful. Furthermore, I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our resort. Your excellent comments fuel our enthusiasm to strive even harder to make each stay memorable for each and every one of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

On the positive side, the rooms at the resort are very nice and the way they are located on the property (mostly one level) is also a bonus. I think there are only a couple of two story blocks which is nice compared to ten to twenty story towers. The rooms are well equipped and clean but you should be aware that if you have noisy neighbours, you will hear them.
Breakfast was good and seating available.
Staff overall were pleasant and helpful whether it was in the restaurants or by the pool.
The fitness facility is small but very functional.
Watersport selection appears good.
On the not so positive side, the overall footprint of the resort is not very large meaning if the resort is full or close to full, it feels crowded. Lounge chairs in the shade are then not always available. There are not enough shaded lounge chairs, or other shaded areas on the beach. The beach is very small and snorkeling is not very good.
Consistent service needs some work. First night there we waited for someone to serve us at the beach bar for about 20 minutes then waited another 15 for the drinks. There were few people at any of the table or lounge chairs. Second night there, no problem.
We had dinner at the "Tempo" restaurant and found the portions very small and although there was some entertainment, it was mostly empty and not like a resort at all.
We did observe more than a couple of times, staff trying to please a manager more than provide good service.

Room Tip: If you have the $$, an oceanfront villa is beautiful. If not a deluxe garden room is just fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear john00737,

I have noted your comments with regards to feeling crowded in our resort. I also express regret that you were dissatisfied with the service you received during your stay with us. Rest assured that we are constantly training our team members to ensure that the service we render is in line with our standards. Furthermore, since your stay with us we have made some improvements in our beach area.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I booked 5 nights at Crimson after recommendation from a friend and checking the Crimson web site. Upon arrival I found the to be quite a lot smaller than it appeared on the site, and I was was quite surprised to see how small the (man made) beach was. The guests seemed to be mainly Korean honeymooners at the time I stayed there, which made it a quiet place to stay.

- Rooms were ok but a bit spartan and not very inviting. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom adequate. Very limited storage.
- Food was average. Breakfast buffet was decent but the availability of food (orange juice, bacon, bread) was uneven depending on when we arrived to eat. Saffron bar made a decent club sandwich but the burger was underwhelming.
- The beach was small and uninspiring, a man made strip of sand about 50 meters wide.
- the Aum Spa was good and not excessively priced. April gave a great signature massage.
- Getting in and out of the resort was an issue as it is quite remote.

This is a borderline 4, but as a beach resort I would have expected more beach. Seems like a good place for honeymooners and people who like to stay within the confines of the resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Krazze,

I have noted your comments regarding the resort’s amenities and facilities. I express regret that you were dissatisfied during your stay with us. However, I am very happy to say that since the time you stayed with us we have made some improvements to our beach area as well as in other areas of the resort.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I hosted a despedida de solterra party at Crimson Resort last month and wanted to say that I had a great experience, mainly due to the wonderful Janine who really pulled out all of the stops and went above and beyond the call of duty to make it a special evening for me and my guests. This was despite the fact that it rained unexpectedly that evening! I've had so many guests comment to say that it was a wonderful party and that the food and drinks were really top notch. Well done Janine, and the rest of the Crimson staff. I'd highly recommend the resort to anybody who might be thinking of hosting an event here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear ClaireandAdamB,

My team and I are delighted that you had a great experience during your Despedida de Solterra. I have passed on your wonderful comments to Janine who will no doubt be inspired to make sure that all our events are special for all our future guests.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

What we still can’t get over to this day is the TV in the bathroom. And that’s a good thing. Everything about Crimson pleasantly surprised us throughout our brief stay, and the only thing we regret is not having stayed longer.

True, the resort seems to be a long way from civilization, tucked away as it is in a still to be developed section of an exclusive community. Once past the empty lots, however, it only takes that one glance of the sea from the expansive reception area to assure the visitor that all is going to be right in the world.

We began our holiday on a high note as we were informed that we had been given a free room upgrade. The Deluxe Garden room was every bit of gorgeous, with enough space to run around had we still been of the age to run around big rooms. The bathroom was also huge with a generous vanity table, a bathtub with a view of our very own pocket garden, and did we mention the flat screen TV?

It was the beach we wanted to check out as soon as we were settled, and, yes, sadly at low tide it wasn’t easy to swim in. Exposed rocks made it difficult to go in the water barefoot and there was a tremendous amount of vegetation washing up on the shore. At night, though, it was lovely for a little after-dinner stroll and the resort’s bright lights attracted schools of fish close to the shoreline.

Crimson’s infinity pool, however, more than made up for the shortcomings of the beach as it was perfect for a lazy afternoon of floating around and gazing at the sea beyond. While there were quite a number of guests at the time we visited, we didn’t feel at all crowded. There was room enough for everyone.

Poolside service was also pleasant and prompt. Our waiter, Mark, even advised us of extended happy hour rates and offered to reserve us a table for dinner.

Breakfast may have been a tad chaotic with all the guests, but we had no difficulty finding a table. The spread of continental and Asian offerings thrilled us with the possible taste combinations. Danggit with kimchi jeon and congee? By all means, try them all.

What we continued to appreciate the most though was the warmth and attentiveness of the staff. Each one greeted us with a smile, placing their hand over their heart. During breakfast on our last day, one waiter brought us a plate of Cebu’s famous ripe mangoes even though we hadn’t asked for it. It was a simple gesture that nonetheless made our holiday even more special.

There was a small hitch during checkout as there was a misunderstanding with regard to the application of my mother’s senior citizen discount, but the resort’s management resolved the issue favorably and we were not at all inconvenienced.

We’re hoping we can get the chance to visit Crimson again in the future. It’s an excellent getaway for just holing up and keeping the rest of the world at bay. It certainly felt that way when, one night, as we were lounging on the recliners by the beach, we saw a shooting star.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe Garden room close to the Saffron Cafe. These would also be the rooms closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Storyseamstress
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Storyseamstress,

I hope that you made a wish and that is to come back to Crimson when you saw that shooting star. Since, my team and I would love to have you and your family back. We are grateful for all your wonderful comments with regards to the gorgeous room you stayed in, poolside service, attentive staff just to repeat a few of the comments you mentioned. Furthermore, I am happy to say that since the last time you were here we have made some improvements to our beach area.