“Modern and chic Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Modern and chic Hotel”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

It is my 4th time to visit Cebu and I thought it is going to be boring but this Mactan gem proved me wrong. It was my residence for 3 days 2 nights and I enjoyed every bit of my stay. The hotel features modern and chic design offering villas to their guest. This hotel is about 15-20 minutes away from the aiport and we took a metered Taxi to get to the hotel which only caused us around Php150 (really cheap). Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink called "Crimson Harvest" it's a mix of cucumber, lemon and lemon grass which actually tasted good. In the lobby I instantly fell in love with the view showcasing the full stretch of the hotel's infinity pool and of course the beach. The staff are generally friendly and hostpitable. What I really love about this property are the activities happening every tick of the clock. They have Yoga session(7AM) Aqua Zumba(1030AM) Mini Olympics(2PM) Beach Volleyball(4PM) Sunset cruise(4:30PM) Etc. It's basically their way of saying "YOU'RE MINE". And if just in case you want to visit the city, no stress needed at all as this property provides Free shuttle service (Prior reservations required) going to the main shopping areas in Cebu City (Ayala mall and SM) it's 30-45 minutes away from the resort. The hotel has different options for eats. They have "Safron Cafe", for breakfast buffet and serves ala carte also. "Azure Pool Bar" located right next to the beach. They also have billiards in the "Score Sports Bar" and live entertainment in "Tempo Lounge". For kids, I must say this resort is a haven for them, they have "Crimzone" located in the garden area for children activities opens from 8AM-9PM. When it comes to the rooms, I have nothing bad to say, it's spacious, clean and beautiful. This Cebu stint is definitely something to look forward to rediscovering Mactan Cebu again soon. Daghang Salamat Cebuanos!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerome D
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Way sapayan (You’re welcome)! It was our pleasure to provide you with an enjoyable stay in our resort.

Our “Crimson Harvest” is getting a lot of good reviews from our guests. This makes us proud as this is something we can say is our own signature drink.

Our Sports & Leisure team ensures that we have several activities available to all our guests in order for you to fully enjoy what our resort has to offer.

Thank you for noticing all our efforts and we’re grateful that you have taken the time to mention them. It is our hope that we have everything covered for our guests so all you have to do once you are here is to relax and enjoy.

Once again, thank you for all your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Crimson Resort is most ideal for young children. My kids love the Crimzone kiddie center. True, it lacks toys and gadgets but the activities offered and the attentive and friendly staff make up for it. It offers beach activities like sand castle building as well as kayaking and indoor activities like face painting, balloon twisting and figurine painting. Rose, one of the staff members of Crimzone, was so good with kids. She attended to the needs of my kids efficiently. Also worth mentioning is the staff for the resort's water activities, particularly Jerome who was friendly and efficient. This however did not hold true to one of the Saffron's Cafe's staff. Unlike the waiters and waitresses, one of their cashiers lacked the usual smile that the rest of the staff offers to their guests. I just didn't get her name since I was taken aback by her cold demeanor. Taken as a whole, our stay at Crimson was worth the money. It has good security, nice and clean rooms. The food was not that spectacular despite the steep price. Since its far from other restaurants or malls, you don't have the choice but to eat there.

• Stayed October 2013
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am grateful that you and your kids enjoyed your stay in our resort. I am glad that you found our resort to be a haven for kids. I would like to think that our resort is a haven for kids of all ages. I hope you agree with this statement.

Thank you for commending Rose and Jerome for assisting you during your stay as well as our staff from Saffron even if you did not get his or her name.

I am sorry though that you did not find one of our cashiers as friendly. Rest assured that I have taken this up with them to ensure that this will not happen again in the future.

Thank you for saying that you stay here at Crimson is worth the money and appreciated the security our team provided.

Again, thank you for all your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

As I first entered Crimson, the feel of the resort was very classy but at the same time friendly. We got a garden deluxe room, king size bed, 2 tv's rain shower and relaxing tub. Excellent linens. Private veranda opening up to the garden area. Multiple swimming pools, with the largest infinity overlooking the beach. A kids pool, number of activities for children including a whole indoor play area fully staffed with incredibly nice people. Ping pong, pool basketball, soccer, tons of water sports in the beach area (for a charge). The food was good, albeit expensive but you don't have many dining choices as once your here at the resort you really don't want to leave. This is a great resort for couples, lots of places to cuddle up! The feel is incredibly warm, staff always smiling and attentive to your every need. They also have 24 hour room service which was great last night as I woke up hungry in the middle of the night!

My 5 yr old son and I had a great time here and will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Prince H
We are grateful that you found our resort classy and friendly. Thank you for speaking highly of the resort which my team and I are working hard to maintain. I am proud that I am part of a very dedicated team.

Thank you for commending our food, this has made our Executive Chef really happy. Rest assured that our food prices are relatively cheaper compared to the food prices in other resorts of the same quality.

I am glad that you think that our resort is great for couples and saw it fit to cuddle up. You are definitely right in your assessment that our staff is incredibly warm with equally warm smiles. Our entire team ensures that all our guests are looked after. After all, service is our passion.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your son back soon.

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 October 2013

i had my birthday dinner in their Saffron cafe with my parents. their staff are oh so friendly and helpful. i got my camera from my bag and right away one of the waiters offered to take us a picture! food was great, i just wished they had more variety (im just being over-greedy!). we walked around the resort before we started with dinner and the place is very relaxing. the zen-feel is all over the place... AND there is a pastry kiosk outside the cafe that sells their items at discounted price when its evening time! so i got my birthday cake for a bargain!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Happy birthday to you!

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion with us. I hope that you had a memorable celebration at Saffron Café with your parents.

We take great delight in celebrating important occasions with our guests. Since, this gives us the opportunity to be a part of the significant moments in your lives. Now, whenever you think of your birthday you will also think of Crimson.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next birthday which we hope you will be celebrating with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

From the moment you are greeted at Cebu airport until the day you leave this magical resort, you will be overwhelmed by the unbelievable levels of service and friendliness. Crimson Resort and Spa was originally a lucky "find" whilst searching for private villas in Cebu, Philippines. This property shares the same beach and waters as the Shangri La on Lapu Lapu but delivers the ultimate Resort experience at half the price of its famous neighbour.

We are a family of three and found the one bedroom beachfront Villa (with separate sofa lounge) to be the perfect blended holiday experience. Combining the comfort and privacy of your own private home, complete with private entry, mini kitchen and your own plunge pool overlooking the beach and waters of the Cebu Strait, you are also only a phone call away from room service, Spa treatments and all the service and facilities of a first class hotel.

The Resort also supports two large pools, both not very deep so as to make swimming more of an optional exercise as opposed to quietly laying about with a cocktail or watching the more committed guests in a supervised game of water soccer or water polo. There are a range of daily pool activities and group exercises to chose from with the option to either immerse yourself in the most amazing rejuvenating massage delivered in semi private poolside huts or lay back in day beds in the Azure bar, overlooking the sea.

We found the water sports facilities to be really good, complete with fun group options such as banana boat rides or the option of jumping on a jet ski and exploring the water ways. Another way of quietly exploring the coast is in the Hobbycat available for hire. Our only (small) criticism is that non-motorised water sports should not attract a hire fee.

The resort has different dining and drinking experiences though out but we must make special mention of the incredible service and attention received at the Tempo Lounge, a Villa dedicated dining experience that will leave you wondering whether you are actually onboard the Queen Mary.

So, if you are looking for a private holiday with all the service and standards that you would expect on the most prestigious cruise - including sculptured towels and flower petals every evening on your pillows and expect to be treated like royalty, this is your place.

Since returning home I have come to the conclusion that it will only ever be the outstanding staff of Crimson Resort and Spa that will ever address me as "Sir Cameron".

Room Tip: Chose a Villa with a private pool, beach front.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I am glad that my team was able to overwhelm you with our amazing service. I take great delight in reading positive comments such as this because it makes me feel proud of my team. This is not to say we do it to be noticed but, it helps renew our team’s energy and for that I am grateful.

With regard to the non-motorized sports, like our peers in the industry we only charge a nominal fee. However, you may want to take advantage of some of the packages we offer that includes unlimited use of our non-motorized watersports facilities. I encourage you to visit our website to check out the different packages we offer.

Thank you for comparing our services to that of a prestigious cruise and we hope that all our guests would feel the same.

Again, thank you for all your heartening comments and we hope to welcome you back in our resort soon.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Of course, all hotels in the world when you check in their websites, they always show the best, it's an obvious marketing tool. We all know that. But what sets this resort apart from the rest? SERVICE FROM THE HEART. Genuine. Focused. Reliable.

You only get to know the value of the hotel when you check-in. People you meet, from the lobby going to the front desk, seem to be very eager to welcome you. And check-in process was fast. That alright gave my first impression.

I stayed for 4 nights and i would have to say that nothing really is perfect. This is normal. But what amazes me with this resort is how they act to recover minor complaints. I wonder how people here will react for major complaints huh? i guess this didn't happen since they existed. What they showed me on how they swiftly reacted on that small concern i have, i'm sure they're not used to with guest complaints because they just love what their doing. Staff you meet wear this big chunk of smile in their faces.

I am not a food connoisseur but i have to say the food buffet is love. Especially that lemon cheesecake? oh to die for.

Rooms are spacious. I stayed in one of the garden deluxe (not that they have garden nearby) but it's a villa type and i am loving it. I am actually a nature-freak kind of guy, so staying in this locked out heaven for four nights is not a problem, not at all. True to the matter is, they have a number of activities in the resort you can join for free, thus no need for you to go out.

I would love to recommend this resort to the readers and like me, be awed and astonished.

Room Tip: i want to try the private pool villas.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ceasar F
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. Since, we value the time and effort you put in writing your comments which is helpful in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay despite the minor hiccup you experience. However,
I hope that you would tell us more about your experience. This would help us greatly in improving the services we offer.

I have passed on your comments about our food to our Executive Chef who is happy that you complimented his lemon cheesecake.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.

New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Can Recommend:
Spa (excellent manicure and pedicure)
Pool and 'beach' area (comfortable loungers, quiet area)
Rooms (well kept, nice decor, decent facilities)
Service (charming)

Caution Against:
Food (poor quality, poorly prepared and exceptionally over-priced)
Booking procedures (can go wrong and takes time to sort out)

Room Tip: Garden deluxe rooms were nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I am grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience. However, I am sorry to note that you have experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I will look into this to ensure that booking procedures will be smooth and easy. As for the food, our Executive Chef is looking into the quality of the food we prepare in all our outlets.

I am glad though that you enjoyed the excellent manicure and pedicure of our spa, the comfortable loungers in our pool and beach area, well kept rooms, and charming service.

Thank you for your helpful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 89 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!