“Nice relaxing beach hotel with friendly staffs.”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Nice relaxing beach hotel with friendly staffs.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a nice comfortable pool villa and upon arrival find the hotel staffs friendly and helpful.

Hotel has a decent beach that you could snorkel and see some fishes. It would have been nice if some beach cabanas were provided instead of only beach chairs.

Really appreciate the fact that the hotel informed us that it might get really noisy during their Octoberfest Party. Even offered to upgrade our villa to a Ocean View Villa; which we did take up the offer during the night of the Octoberfest Party. It was a nice offer and we really appreciate it.

Would have given more points if the amenities provided in villa were better. Would have appreciated if cotton wools and cotton buds were provided in the bathroom and more choices of coffee and tea provided for the tea/coffee facilities. Instead of 1 packet of coffee and 2 packet of English tea. We could have ordered room service, but there are times you would just like a quick cup of coffee / tea. Most 5 star resorts are usually more generous than that.

Other than that a great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I am also happy that you enjoyed our decent beach and were able to see some fishes. Although, I agree that a beach cabana would sound great in our resort. However, we would like everyone to enjoy the view of our beach and a beach cabana may just obstruct the view for some guests. Rest assured we will take this into consideration for future renovation plans.

With regard to the amenities provided in our villas, I will review this with my team so we can come up with a better set up for our bathrooms as well as the coffee and teas that we offer.

Again, thank you for your constructive comments and we look forward to seeing you back in our resort soon.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I fell in love with this place because the food is sumptuous, the staff are well-mannered and the place is most like heaven. The room set-up is like Plantation bay but the staff here are more friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hello T
We are humbly grateful that you thought our resort is the perfect place to have a vacation. Thank you for saying our food is sumptuous, our staff is well-mannered, and our place is like heaven.

We are beyond thrilled for all your lovely comments and we only hope that each of our guests feels the same way about Crimson.

Again, thank you for your inspiring feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to our heavenly resort.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I think this is probably the best hotel I have stayed in, and for many reasons. The whole place is immaculately clean, staff are beyond helpful and nothing is to much trouble.the setting on the beach just makes you want to sit day and night and watch the ever changing view. Drink is expensive but it is a hotel and if you want cheaper there are bars just a taxi ride away. In fact that's my only gripe, no taxis at the hotel, they have to be called in or its the hotel transport which is definitely not cheap.
Over all we will be back again and again, can not fault the overall quality, service and pure feeling of relaxation that you get. We had the most incredible room with the bathroom looking over our own private garden, and you can watch tv whilst sat in the bath!

Room Tip: Garden rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for saying Crimson is the best hotel you have stayed at. Your comments have given us another reason to be proud of our resort. It also reminds us that we are on the right path when it comes to satisfying our guests.

Also, I am grateful that you found our resort immaculately clean and our staff beyond helpful. As we do our best to provide our guests with the best experiences possible.

With regard to the taxi, unfortunately, this is an ongoing challenge for us. Since, we are still trying to find a local taxi operator or taxi drivers for that matter who are willing to cater to our guests’ needs. Rest assured that we will still be trying and hopefully we will be able to find a solution to this before the end of the year.

As for the price of our drinks, I assure you that our drinks are priced lower compared to the drinks in resorts of the same quality.

Again, thank you for your moving comments. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the second we arrived we were treated like royalty. However everyone was so friendly and by the time we left 6 days later I felt like I was leaving family and shed a tear or two. We had a villa with a private pool not far from the beach. The rooms were filled with as many towels as you need, you never had to ask for any extras and every day they made the cutest figures out of towels, my granddaughter was enthralled. They love children at the resort and have a children's area that is staffed during the day. There are enough restaurants that you won't tire of the food and it is all excellent. Make sure you enjoy a massage at the spa, again, they know how to pamper you. We did a boat tour one day and it was reasonably priced, fun and had a great local lunch on the island. They will arrange tours, remember what you enjoy for breakfast and never expect anything more than a thank you. I would recommend you stay in a villa because it comes with a special happy hour every evening and includes an incredible breakfast buffet.
This vacation getaway is one of the best places I have ever been and I have traveled extensively. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a villa by the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KathiE192
Thank you for choosing to stay in our resort and posting your wonderful review. I am glad that we met your expectations during your stay. It also brings us immense pleasure to know that you felt like royalty since it is our ultimate goal for every guest that stays with us.

I agree in your assessment that we love children and that’s along with every guest who comes to our resort. As we aim to pamper everyone and make you feel right at home. This is, of course, to encourage you to come back to stay with us again and again.

I also agree that one must enjoy a massage at our spa as we offer different types of massage depending on your need. This is also true for our restaurants. Our Executive Chef has added new dishes for our different outlets that will surely whet your palate.

Again, we thank you for your kind feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

It is my 4th time to visit Cebu and I thought it is going to be boring but this Mactan gem proved me wrong. It was my residence for 3 days 2 nights and I enjoyed every bit of my stay. The hotel features modern and chic design offering villas to their guest. This hotel is about 15-20 minutes away from the aiport and we took a metered Taxi to get to the hotel which only caused us around Php150 (really cheap). Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink called "Crimson Harvest" it's a mix of cucumber, lemon and lemon grass which actually tasted good. In the lobby I instantly fell in love with the view showcasing the full stretch of the hotel's infinity pool and of course the beach. The staff are generally friendly and hostpitable. What I really love about this property are the activities happening every tick of the clock. They have Yoga session(7AM) Aqua Zumba(1030AM) Mini Olympics(2PM) Beach Volleyball(4PM) Sunset cruise(4:30PM) Etc. It's basically their way of saying "YOU'RE MINE". And if just in case you want to visit the city, no stress needed at all as this property provides Free shuttle service (Prior reservations required) going to the main shopping areas in Cebu City (Ayala mall and SM) it's 30-45 minutes away from the resort. The hotel has different options for eats. They have "Safron Cafe", for breakfast buffet and serves ala carte also. "Azure Pool Bar" located right next to the beach. They also have billiards in the "Score Sports Bar" and live entertainment in "Tempo Lounge". For kids, I must say this resort is a haven for them, they have "Crimzone" located in the garden area for children activities opens from 8AM-9PM. When it comes to the rooms, I have nothing bad to say, it's spacious, clean and beautiful. This Cebu stint is definitely something to look forward to rediscovering Mactan Cebu again soon. Daghang Salamat Cebuanos!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerome D
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Way sapayan (You’re welcome)! It was our pleasure to provide you with an enjoyable stay in our resort.

Our “Crimson Harvest” is getting a lot of good reviews from our guests. This makes us proud as this is something we can say is our own signature drink.

Our Sports & Leisure team ensures that we have several activities available to all our guests in order for you to fully enjoy what our resort has to offer.

Thank you for noticing all our efforts and we’re grateful that you have taken the time to mention them. It is our hope that we have everything covered for our guests so all you have to do once you are here is to relax and enjoy.

Once again, thank you for all your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Crimson Resort is most ideal for young children. My kids love the Crimzone kiddie center. True, it lacks toys and gadgets but the activities offered and the attentive and friendly staff make up for it. It offers beach activities like sand castle building as well as kayaking and indoor activities like face painting, balloon twisting and figurine painting. Rose, one of the staff members of Crimzone, was so good with kids. She attended to the needs of my kids efficiently. Also worth mentioning is the staff for the resort's water activities, particularly Jerome who was friendly and efficient. This however did not hold true to one of the Saffron's Cafe's staff. Unlike the waiters and waitresses, one of their cashiers lacked the usual smile that the rest of the staff offers to their guests. I just didn't get her name since I was taken aback by her cold demeanor. Taken as a whole, our stay at Crimson was worth the money. It has good security, nice and clean rooms. The food was not that spectacular despite the steep price. Since its far from other restaurants or malls, you don't have the choice but to eat there.

• Stayed October 2013
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am grateful that you and your kids enjoyed your stay in our resort. I am glad that you found our resort to be a haven for kids. I would like to think that our resort is a haven for kids of all ages. I hope you agree with this statement.

Thank you for commending Rose and Jerome for assisting you during your stay as well as our staff from Saffron even if you did not get his or her name.

I am sorry though that you did not find one of our cashiers as friendly. Rest assured that I have taken this up with them to ensure that this will not happen again in the future.

Thank you for saying that you stay here at Crimson is worth the money and appreciated the security our team provided.

Again, thank you for all your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

As I first entered Crimson, the feel of the resort was very classy but at the same time friendly. We got a garden deluxe room, king size bed, 2 tv's rain shower and relaxing tub. Excellent linens. Private veranda opening up to the garden area. Multiple swimming pools, with the largest infinity overlooking the beach. A kids pool, number of activities for children including a whole indoor play area fully staffed with incredibly nice people. Ping pong, pool basketball, soccer, tons of water sports in the beach area (for a charge). The food was good, albeit expensive but you don't have many dining choices as once your here at the resort you really don't want to leave. This is a great resort for couples, lots of places to cuddle up! The feel is incredibly warm, staff always smiling and attentive to your every need. They also have 24 hour room service which was great last night as I woke up hungry in the middle of the night!

My 5 yr old son and I had a great time here and will definitely return.

1 Thank Prince H
We are grateful that you found our resort classy and friendly. Thank you for speaking highly of the resort which my team and I are working hard to maintain. I am proud that I am part of a very dedicated team.

Thank you for commending our food, this has made our Executive Chef really happy. Rest assured that our food prices are relatively cheaper compared to the food prices in other resorts of the same quality.

I am glad that you think that our resort is great for couples and saw it fit to cuddle up. You are definitely right in your assessment that our staff is incredibly warm with equally warm smiles. Our entire team ensures that all our guests are looked after. After all, service is our passion.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your son back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,099 reviews
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#13 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!