“Perfect Family Holiday…”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Australia
“Perfect Family Holiday…”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

“Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan Island Cebu” was one of our much anticipated place to stay during our recent trip to the Philippines and it delivered.

The resort is was just beautiful. You know that saying “First Impression last” Crimson’s first impression on us will definitely last a life time.

Service at this place is “impeccable”, service to me is the key above all else. The resort is beautiful and all its facilities are wonderful. Shout out to the “CRIMZONE” crew for doing such a great job entertaining the kids throughout our stay with activities such as face painting, games, fish feeding and lots and lots more.

Room are clean and beautifully presented as all things are on this resort. Buffet breakfast was great, “lots of selection” and buffet dinner is even more wonderful “with its selections”.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Geruel F
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Geruel,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have passed on your appreciation to the crew at Crimzone and they were excited at the feedback and will hold you to your promise of returning.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

What really stood out for us was their level of service. It was excellent. They were always cheerful and ready to help. The room was spacious and the food was amazing. The resort was far from the city but they offer free transportation to and from the SM and Ayala malls in the city. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank maeve27
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear maeve27,

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed for ONE night, we were able to check in early at 10am at no extra charge & were also given 2 complimentary chocolate mousse cakes as we were celebrating both my husbands birthday & our wedding anniversary. The facility is beautiful but is not near anything, this wasn't a problem for us as we just caught taxis where ever we wanted to go, although the taxis do charge an additional 50 peso. There was only warm water in our room no hot as noted in previous reviews, but the one stand out for us was the meals at Saffron restaurant. My husband ordered an eye fillet steak & it was the best we had EVER had. We would stay here again, many more pro's to con's.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Birkita,

I have passed on your comments to the Chef who is delighted to say the least. I do also apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the water being luke warm. We had a major issue with the boiler and the back up as well failed. We did try the best we could by even air lifting parts from Manila, but most of all, we are embarrassed at the inability of not being able to have provided hot water. The issue has since been resolved and we are currently facing no hot water challenges.

Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We went to Cebu for Sinulog, but we chose to stay in a resort in Mactan to be away from the noise from the City because of the festival. I have been eyeing and dying to try out Crimson Resort in Mactan, because I already stayed in other resorts like Shangrila & Imperial. For me, Crimson is best for service with a personalized touch. Other resorts only do what they are asked, but crimson adds a personal touch which makes guests remember them til their next visit. We got the Ocean Front Private Pool Villa through dealgrocer. The room ambiance, look & comfort lived up the expectations. We also had our own villa host, aka. personal butler who can answer to your needs. We checked in early because I had to work the whole day and I was having a hard time to connect to the TV & Wifi. The villa host, Mark, arranged us to have a wifi booster and sent engineering to connect the cable from my laptop to the TV allowing me to have 2 screens for work. We were escorted to room through an electronic motorcycle, which was very cool! We were welcomed with a fruit basket & red wine, but we requested for it to be changed to white wine, and true enough, our villa host gave us chardonnay in return. Our villa host only left the room after explaining about Sinulog & their activities, and then arranging on what time to clean our room every day, and arranging an in-room check out on our last day. I felt good because it was like you had a planner for your activities through a personal butler.

All in all, Crimson's service never failed us. From the reception, to the restaurant, to the shuttle services, it was consistent.

Things that need improvement for this resort are the F&B and shuttle service. The breakfast that comes with the rooms is average. They have a separate buffet breakfast area for villa guests, I get their point, they want the villa guests to feel exclusive, but I think this is just a waste for the resort, since the food choices are not exceptional. If they wanted to do that, then maybe the choices should also be extra special. But good thing you can arrange to have breakfast in your own villa, again another service thumbs up from Crimson. The food in Saffron was not good, and especially since the prices are high, then guests would expect the best quality in F&B also. It was not worth it at all. They should improve on their cooking skills, or hire another chef. I did not try other restaurants but I guess it should be the same for all, they should have wider menu choices if they want the guests to not go out and just spend their money inside the resort, just like Shangri-la Mactan, because even when you are not a guest of the hotel, you go there just to eat at its restaurants. Crimson lacks that x-factor.

Another thing to improve is to add more time in the shuttle services, because sometimes hotel guests also need to go out and join festivities like sinulog. Considering the Crimson is located in a rather far area from the city, it should also be considered as a choice of good hotel even for sinulog guests. If not always, shuttle time should be added during peak seasons.

Room Tip: Choose the Ocean Front Private Pool villa which has the best view, nearest to the azure pool bar.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Irenehungpang,

I have shared your feedback with the Executive Chef and the rest of my Management team and once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Shenzhen, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

It may purport to be a 5 star resort and may even meet most of those criteria but when a property has no hot water and cannot fix the issue it is a complete fallacy. One should not rent a room when there the most basic of issues lacking. I can perhaps understand a 20 buck a night room but not one with an added zero.

You would have to pay me substantial sums to stay at this property ever again unless you want a complete hideaway with erratic internet, poor food and a taxi service that requires an hour wait. Oh and getting here and out is huge chorse as both access roads are under re-surfacing, who worked that out needs to be fired on the spot, and no traffic lights so its a free all or, more often than not, complete grid lock.

As for the lack of hot water?.. this is 2014 for goodness sake.. wake up Mr Montenegro.

Room Tip: Just don't go.. its easy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Havanatopia
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us.

Our aim is to constantly provide our guests with excellent and efficient service. However, we have regrettably failed to do so during your stay and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

I am grateful for giving us the opportunity to address the concerns you have raised and I have replied to each one in order.

I agree that having hot water for shower is a basic need, one that I constantly check on as a matter of fact. Therefore, I was just as surprised when I found out we had challenges with our hot water system. It was unfortunate that this occurred during your stay with us. Rest assured that we have completely addressed this concern and even have a back-up in place to ensure that hot water is available to all guests at all times.

With regard to having erratic internet, since your stay with us we have upgraded our bandwidth further and we are happy to say that our internet connection is better than ever.

We appreciate your comments regarding our food as this would challenge us to continually strive harder to come up with more delectable dishes for the satisfaction of our guests.

The taxi service in our resort is something we are still working on. As we rely on taxi operators to contact their taxi units for us. Therefore, we can only provide taxis to guests once a unit is available that is within the vicinity of the resort. Another option is the resort car that is available 24 hours.

Admittedly, the road construction is a discomfort to everyone and we regret that we have no control over this. Although, we are hoping that once the work is completed the trip to the resort would be pleasant for our future guests.

We trust that you will not judge us based on this experience and allow us to make it up to you on your next visit to our resort.

Again, our sincerest apologies and we hope to see you back in our resort soon.

James
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My first impression of this hotel for me was that it was lovely. They checked us in and took us to our room, which was the furthest from the lobby and pool area, in a golf buggy, it seemed like a long way but in actual fact was not very far. My partner took an instant dislike to the room as it was facing the wrong way and we were getting the afternoon sun and it had no view at all - only of the front fence. He asked for another room, with either a view or just a better room. A room with an ocean view was going to cost an extra 10000 php per night and a villa with a small pool was an extra 5000 php per night. We took the villa even though there was no view but we were closer to the pool, beach and lobby.

In the end we decided that this was the wrong hotel for us as we did not spend any time there except for breakfast and dinner. I found the restaurants rather expensive (the most expensive of our holiday and not necessarily the best). When you are staying here you almost need to eat here as it is not close to any other restaurant or hotel and getting a taxi is not easy. We had a pina colada when we first arrived at the pool bar and it was the worst one of our trip.

They do offer quite a few activities though if you want to hang around the hotel. The hotel itself is in lovely surroundings but the road to the hotel left a lot to be desired. The beach is very rocky and the ocean seems extra salty. One bonus was the free bus into Cebu each morning with drop offs at SM Mall, Ayala Mall and the Quest Hotel.

My partner said the hotel reminded him of a retirement village.

Checking out was a disappointment for me too. I phoned the night before to arrange transport to the airport for 1:00pm the next day and was told it would cost 500 php. While we were checking out the receptionist also made a phone call checking our transport but when we arrived out the front after check out there was no vehicle. The concierge told us that they were having trouble getting hold of a taxi so would we like to take the Crimson vehicle which would cost us 550 php. Now I know this is only a little difference but it put a sour taste in my mouth because even though I had booked our transport it was not there on time and was going to cost extra. I was really disappointed.

We had taken a taxi from the Marco Polo Hotel to the Crimson the night before and that had only cost by metre 200 php and that was a lot longer trip than to the airport so I don't know what I was quoted on the night before.

Our thoughts on leaving Mactan was that we should have stayed at the Radisson Blu in Cebu again as that would have suited our needs better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Bronwyn R,

I have shared your feedback with my team and regret that we did not manage to show case the warmth and hospitality that our Resort is famed for.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future so we could showcase our product better.

Kristofer Quadros
Resident Manager
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

this place one of best place at cebu mactan . service very good. resort very nice private beach nice rooms everything is nice except safron restaurant foods we spent a lot but food was awful at safrone restaurant but food at tempo so nice another thing is food over priced ı think hotel take advantage about it because if you stay this resort you can not go out for eat anywhere you need taxi to go cebu citty it cost you 700 peso return maybe more and road is not nice to go out from mactan ..

Room Tip: if you choose rooms number 130-150 easy acces to beach or anywhere some room a bıt far from beach p...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear turkishman09,

I have shared your comments with my Director of Food & Beverage and also apologize if the menu was not made available as we do have ensured that the menu does feature a variety of items that are in the range of USD 10.

Kristofer Quadros
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,038 reviews
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!