Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
US$321
US$298
Agoda.com
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$119
Travelocity
US$77
US$64
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$57
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$50
Agoda.com
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$36
TripAdvisor
4,174 results
All reviewsazure barsaffron cafevilla hostplunge pooldeluxe garden roomfoam partygolf cartkids clubbreakfast buffetbeach areabeach frontwater sportsjet skiisland hoppingcebu citytempoactivities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

when we got there at 8 pm, we were informed that instead of getting the deluxe garden room for 3 nights (2nd to the cheapest room), they will upgrade us to the ocean villa for 2 nights + massage for 2 + buffet dinner for all if we stayed in quest hotel in cebu for the first night.

since the ocean villa was their more expensive room and it was already night time anyway, we agreed.

when we got back to the resort at 10 am the next morning, everything was ready. the villa's 2 air-conditioning units were on, there was a bouquet of flower on the bed and a funny towel swan.

the villa was very clean and very spacious. the plunge pool was a very comfy temperature (heated/slightly warm). staff was very professional, prompt and friendly. everyone you came across said a greeting with a smile on their face. all requests were handled promptly.

some minor points:
> this place was 95% korean so it felt like we were in a different country with filipino staff
> food is yummy but super expensive (go to the town to eat out)
> water is not for free and super expensive (buy from sm save more)
> the common pools (4 ft, 3 ft, 2 ft) were really WARM. it's summer so you expect to cool off in a cool pool, but no, it's really warm. i think the warm would be preferable during the cold season but maybe this is the preference of the korean guests.
> beach is manmade with rough sand but clean. kids didn't want to venture out.

i asked my husband if we would pay the full price for the ocean villa on our next stay, he said it's worth it. we're coming back.

we travelled w 3 kids and 2 nannies. we found a very inexpensive hotel for the nannies (lux apartelle) outside the subdivision where crimson is located, since nanny quarters are not provided in crimson.

Room Tip: try to get one near the common pool and restaurants if you don't want to walk far.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear appleManila,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome your husband and you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our wedding last April 4 in this resort and it was the best decision we made. Mr Emet - one of the managers is just very accommodating. He really made sure that we were served well. We are really grateful for the favors that they have extended to us. Staff are very friendly and always ready to assist you. Rooms are big and the we just love the privacy that you will get in the resort. We would surely recommend Crimson Resort and Spa. - Rod and Rose

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Rose,

I just shared your feedback to Emet who was beaming at being recognized.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My first trip to Cebu solo and it was a lovely get away experience. The staff made the difference! Genuinely helpful and caring, they go all the way out to make the customer feel at home. Love the spacious deluxe garden room and the privacy and safety of it all. The Aum Spa is also another BIG plus...wished I had stayed longer.

Just a little disappointed though, with the limited beach space; was expecting a longer stroll along its shoreline.

Nonetheless, it was a most relaxing and therapeutic time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank magdovite
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear magdovite,

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and join me in hoping you e=linger longer the next time around.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 days... enjoyed it thoroughly...very close to the airport (just 15 mins by cab) yet isolated in location from anything else. Rooms were nice, well maintained, clean and spacious. Hotel has a small but clean beach, some nice restaurants and a gigantic pool (water was not very clean though). Best part of the hotel was its housekeeping and staff were always smiling and so courteous but later figured out everybody in PH malls also were like that :) Rooms could get confusing so keep the map handy. Loved the breakfast buffet and the free city shuttle bus however it would have been good to have some sight seeing buses as well with charges. The only drawback of the resort were the extremely high prices for basic drinking water, taxis and even in-room dining... just because guests are stranded in the hotel doesnt mean they should be fleeced... prices are almost comparable to a Maldives. Wouldnt mind staying here again but would love to try other resorts in Cebu as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AV1Mumbai

Dear AV1Mumbai,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your comment with the rest of my team who are excited as well. I did note the comment about pricing and would like to assure you that it is market driven and are competitive in our pricing as you would notice on your next visit to Cebu, given that you would like to check out the other resorts (although we eagerly await your return). Notwithstanding the pricing, we have ensured that we a variety of mains (in addition to salads and soups) at the USD 10 range and have instructed my Director of Food & Beverage to add some more when we redo the menu.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been to Cebu twice. The first time, I had to hop to another island (Moalboal). Second time, took an hour's land travel to the city. Both took time from my precious weekend getaway so this time (my third), me and 3 other friends decided to stay somewhere closer to the airport to save time (and money) from all the extra travel.

The management and staff are extremely nice and considerate. Booked an early morning flight to Cebu from Manila and overlooked the 3pm check-in time at the resort. But they agreed to accommodate us as soon as we got there around 7am. (Many thanks to Kristoffer!)

We booked 2 deluxe rooms at Crimson Resort and Spa but were unexpectedly upgraded to pool villas upon arrival. The resort was gorgeous! At the lobby, there's an unobstructed view of the infinity pool that leads to the sea. Our villa was beautiful and home-y. Although the lamp on the dresser was not working but that's just one tiny problem ;-) We hung out at our own plunge pool most of the time cos there were a lot of guests at the resort's pool area during our stay. But I didn't mind cos I liked the privacy it offered.

I also enjoyed walking along the picturesque pathways where the villas are. I also enjoyed the outdoor Zumba class beside the pool area and the instructor was thoughtful enough to offer cold towels to the attendees as soon as it ended. We had lunch at Saffron cafe. Food was great and the staff were courteous. There were also a lot of great food choices at the breakfast buffet.

We also had foot massages at the Aum Spa which were included in the accommodation package. It was so relaxing! They have quite good therapists (the kind who won't engage you in small awkward talks while they knead you)! And i also loved the tea they served us after the massage. I wish I asked them what it was and where i could buy some.

Before checking out, I stopped by the pastry kiosk and bought a big loaf of banana bread to bring back to Manila! It was sooo good! I hope they have it in Crimson Alabang :)

We originally planned to stay at Shangrila Mactan for the trip but opted for the more budget-friendly resort. But just the same, I had the most relaxing, luxurious rockstar weekend during my stay at Crimon Resort and Spa. Hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Ali B,

I have shared your comments with my team (myself included) who are delighted to hear from you.