“Most intimate and relaxing place to stay”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Most intimate and relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I planned a weekend vacay for my family since i am coming from Houston,Tx and drove us to this place..downside of finding it is no obvious signs where it is..one good thing is not alot of people go there if you can't find it and you have the place to yourself..hehehe..But once we got there the place is impressed me.i saw a review of the place on tv by Kris Aquino once and when i personally saw this place my self..much better to feel and experience the views and the staffs great services.the room was perfect!!..the bathroom is the topping to the stay.i love how the shower and tub but how it was set up was functional..feels like home,thats the best thing about it.Then the pool area was great for the kids to have fun at.staffs had activities and games so my boys can interact with other kids..Well it best for you to go and experience the place yourself to see what i saw and experienced.

• Stayed May 2014
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear ORVENS-Houston,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted to have been of service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I always check up on reviews right before my vacation to see what others are saying before I arrive, and there were a few questionable reviews regarding noise and service. I am happy to say that our stay at Crimson Resort was wonderful. We stayed in the Deluxe Garden Room, which was nice. The resort is laid out like a condo residence - you check in at the main building and then walk around to your unit (or get driven there in one of their golf carts). The resort was spread out and beautiful. When you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with a view of the 3 tiered pool and the ocean, so we stopped and took a few pictures. We arrived a little late, due to our first flight being canceled, and were informed that, since it was our anniversary, they were planning on sending a cake to our room to celebrate. We walked into our room and they had set up decorative towel animals with rose petals on our bed (similar to a cruise), which I thought was cute. They brought the cake over, so we hung out for a bit and then got ready for dinner. All of the staff that we came in contact with (and there were staff members around every corner) were VERY friendly, all saying hello and asking how we were doing.

In addition to our stay, I reserved a romantic dinner at the resort restaurant. We weren't quite sure what to expect - I initially reserved our dinner on the beach, but due to construction, the hotel staff suggested that we hold it on the veranda at the hotel restaurant. We did something similar in our hotel in KL, so we were assuming we would be dining with other guests and have a set menu. Crimson resort COMPLETELY knocked this out of the park. We showed up and they directed us out to the balcony of the restaurant where they had decorated everything with candles, rose petals, flowers, etc. They moved all other tables off of the balcony so it was just us, and were greeted with a bottle of champagne and an appetizer to start. It was so perfect and so romantic! The service was outstanding - when we were served dessert, the manager and two servers came out to wish us happy anniversary and made sure everything was okay. I cannot say enough great things about them.

The beach at the resort is a bit small, but was never crowded, which surprised me. There's a beach bar with great drink prices, so I hung out at the beach while my boyfriend did a few water sports.

The resort is very kid friendly, but not overly so...it is spread out quite nicely so that couples without children don't feel like they're stuck in a daycare. There are daily activities for kids and adults alike, such as Zumba classes, water aerobics, etc.

We hung out at the sports bar downstairs a good bit, which was fun - they have complimentary pool and the drinks and food were good.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding - so many choices and (again) the service was great!

I'm giving the resort 4 stars vs. 5 only because the walls in the rooms were a bit thin. There were times when we could hear our neighbors very well. Not a huge problem, since we wake up early, but if we wanted to sleep in, that would have been potentially problematic.

All in all, an excellent stay, and I will recommend this resort to any friends and family going to Cebu in the future! Thanks again for a great stay!

1 Thank Devon O
Dear Devon O,

I have shared your feedback with my team who are glad to have been of service.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 May 2014

very disappointing, there are were very, very noisy construction works when we visited early May 2014, it spoilt the whole stay. Fortunately, we managed to check-out early and went to the Shangri Lah Mactan, a sure value which was a bit more costly, but was worth every single penny!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear voyager_explorer,

I am glad that my team demonstrated flexibility in allowing for an early departure for a guaranteed reservation and were empathetic in ensuring you enjoyed your vacation even if it meant at another resort. The noise levels are currently barely audible and I am pleased to inform you that the new rock bar would be open mid September.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at our own private, pool-side villa. This is a $700-$800 a night type of Villa remember this very well. I'll be extremely honest and objective in this review.

PROS
- The welcome drink, welcome procedure into the villa was fantastic. I will give them that.
- The villa itself - the condition and the amenities were fantastic.
- The private pool was great, and clean
- The property itself was exactly as expected - we know that they were not known for their beach so that's fine

CONS
- Staff were not overly friendly compared to other luxury resorts in the area like Shangri-La or Plantation Bay
- Our exit was horrible. Here is exactly what happened so that whomever is reviewing this feedback can exactly check for the accuracy:
Our Villa Host was: MARDIN
We stayed May 9-10.
We were told everything was good to go and that we can proceed to the lobby to get picked up by our private vehicle. Our village host was there and suffice to say, DID NOT EVEN ASK HOW OUR STAY WAS, HOW WE WERE. COMPLETELY IGNORED US. Even when the staff at the front were told our check-out process was good, when I proceeded to put my luggage into my car, I was still harassed by these people asking if I've finished checking out.

This was my first time staying in Crimson and I was completely unimpressed by the lack of service. Facilities were maybe great, but it's the PEOPLE and the SERVICE that make any vacation memorable. We stayed at a Villa, one of the more expensive facilities you have not some mick room that you can just disregard.

I work in the service industry and my clients never remember how great my suit was or how nice my office is, they remember how GREAT my SERVICE was. That is it.

Suffice to say this will be my last time to stay at this property. It's all hype and nothing to show for. Message to the manager or whoever owns this property:

Start putting up a message or a notice that says:
- Will get crappy service even if you're staying in a villa
- If you're not the son of a prominent politician or a member of a rich family, don't expect to get served well
- Best part, if you're filipino, expect to get treated like a 2nd-class citizen because this place will only cater to foreigners like Koreans

Try looking at Movenpick and/or other properties like Westin because THEY KNOW how to serve.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Crimson. Best Tip. Worth $750.
4 Thank M L
Dear ML,

And therefore, at the outset allow me to apologize for the dissatisfaction over your departure and can assure you that a full investigation was launched and one team member has been let go. I notice that you are based right next to us in Cebu city, please do not hesitate to contact me at rm.mactan@crimsonhotel.com when your travels bring you back to Mactan so I can personally look after the details.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I had visited the resort this month and stayed there for three nights. The hotel was very nice but the service was unbelievable. The staff was very friendly and very attentive. Right from the moment we reached the resort till the end, the service was excellent. The staff was always smiling, friendly, prompt 24/7. Truly the human touch makes the difference between a good holiday and great holiday. Thank you everyone at crimson resort for doing your job, especially Mr. Mark !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kagarwall,

Shukria!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

One of the best resort that I have been. Service and Hospitality was excellent. Though I am from Bangkok, but service wise Crimson resort was far superior. Food was good, people were nice and any day i will recommend any of you to stay at Crimson. I would grade it 10 out of 10. Cheers. Mehul.

Room Tip: pool villas were excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mehul p
Dear mehul,

Shukria!

Manila
Reviewed 6 May 2014

when we got there at 8 pm, we were informed that instead of getting the deluxe garden room for 3 nights (2nd to the cheapest room), they will upgrade us to the ocean villa for 2 nights + massage for 2 + buffet dinner for all if we stayed in quest hotel in cebu for the first night.

since the ocean villa was their more expensive room and it was already night time anyway, we agreed.

when we got back to the resort at 10 am the next morning, everything was ready. the villa's 2 air-conditioning units were on, there was a bouquet of flower on the bed and a funny towel swan.

the villa was very clean and very spacious. the plunge pool was a very comfy temperature (heated/slightly warm). staff was very professional, prompt and friendly. everyone you came across said a greeting with a smile on their face. all requests were handled promptly.

some minor points:
> this place was 95% korean so it felt like we were in a different country with filipino staff
> food is yummy but super expensive (go to the town to eat out)
> water is not for free and super expensive (buy from sm save more)
> the common pools (4 ft, 3 ft, 2 ft) were really WARM. it's summer so you expect to cool off in a cool pool, but no, it's really warm. i think the warm would be preferable during the cold season but maybe this is the preference of the korean guests.
> beach is manmade with rough sand but clean. kids didn't want to venture out.

i asked my husband if we would pay the full price for the ocean villa on our next stay, he said it's worth it. we're coming back.

we travelled w 3 kids and 2 nannies. we found a very inexpensive hotel for the nannies (lux apartelle) outside the subdivision where crimson is located, since nanny quarters are not provided in crimson.

Room Tip: try to get one near the common pool and restaurants if you don't want to walk far.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear appleManila,

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome your husband and you back again in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 90 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 31 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!