“worth every penny”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is not the first time I stayed in this hotel. I went back last Mar 14th-16th and I can say it's definitely better the second time around. I stayed in their villa which has it's own lagoon pool, the view was spectacular, and the service is even better than Shangri-La. What I really liked was their flexibility, willingness to customize, and address their clients' requests.

Their massage was also splendid, a bit pricey but worth it.

I'm definitely going back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joy M
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Joy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted to have been of service. We do spend a lot of time in recruiting the right talent and in training. I am glad that we have showcased the hospitality that we are known for.

rm.mactan@crimsonhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,912)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I promise myself that I will write my first review to the resort that knows the meaning of "extra mile".
The manager answered my email lightning fast. I was even given an early check in free of charge because the room is available already. The staff knows the meaning of customer service and extra mile! A good hotel resort is not only about the facilities but also the experience. This resort proves that! My best hotel experience ever! Thank you! I commend you all!

Room Tip: Inform via email your request with regard to your room request.
1  Thank cjcuty
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear cjcuty,

It is an honor that you chose to write your first review after your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future. Also do not hesitate to contact me when your plans materialize as it would be a pleasure to take care of the details.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Crimson resort and spa mactan is an excellent place to celebrate summer with your family. Upon arrival, the staff are very warm and accomodating. Mr. Mardin, who is our villa host was very thorough in explaining the facilities and services of the resort. We spent most of our day in the beachfront, the staff of azure bar are very pleasant even though they work mostly under the heat of the sun. The staff incharge of the beach activities are very accomodating to the kids. The saffron staff gave me a birthday surprise, which i'm very thankful. All in all, the resort is a best place to experience relaxation and fun with your family ;)

Room Tip: We had the private pool villa, its the best when you have kids who love water so much
1  Thank effie_elaine

Dear effie_elaine,

At the outset, allow me to wish you once again on your recent birthday. Thank you also for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed your birthday with us.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Private, luxurious, a real gem. The Crimson Resort was fantastic and I highly recommend it. Don't come here though if you want to sit on a beach, as their isn't really one to speak of. Do come here if you desire a wonderful place to unwind and relax. My partner and I stayed in a private pool villa. Positioned on a cliff edge, it had an amazing view and breathtaking sunrises. The villa was well apportioned with everything you may desire while on holiday. Authentic Cebu furniture, comfortable king size bed with fine linens. Excellent bathroom with sunken tub and two sinks. Coffee maker, refrigerator too.

The public areas of the resort are clean and well kept. The pools are beautiful (although we never took a dip in them as we had our own private plunge pool). Although gardens and paths were lovely it might have been a bit neutral, one would not know necessarily that they were staying in Asia.

The restaurant had delectable food and I'm not sure why but we had a special VIP room for our breakfast and a cocktail hour in the evening, all free. You might request this if you like to have breakfast in a quiet space with beautiful view. Two of the mornings we were the only two people in there at the time we ate. Not only was the service excellent, they remembered the table we requested the first morning and sat us there without question. They also remembered my egg preference, and made me textbook-quality poached eggs. They'll make you a waffle and omelette too.

Service all over the resort was top notch. Only complaints we had were the private outside area didn't have an umbrella so during the brightest part of the day we could not be out there as it was too bright. The lounge seating near the plunge pool too could have used a pad. Besides that and it taking well over an hour for them to bring our bags after check in it was an amazing place.

Room Tip: Get the pool villa
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Todd T,

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted to have been of service. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused over the delay in delivering the bags. I apologize for the missing pad on your lounger by the plunge pool. This should be there and will look into this with my Executive housekeeper.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Crimson is such a beauty! Entering the premises, you'd feast on how beautiful the hotel is. From the lobby, the pools, the rooms, the restaurant, everything was just beautiful.

For the first night, we stayed in a deluxe room. I think this is the cheapest room but it was already impressive! The room was spacious and pretty and even the bathroom is well-adorned.

We then transferred to an ocean front villa and it was really fantastic! We had a great time swimming in our own pool and it was more than enough for the 3 of us in the room. The view was just gorgeous and the room was impeccable.

I also loved the breakfast buffet, it has a wide assortment of choices and even as the breakfast time was about to end, they still refill the food.

I'd also like to commend the staff, the staff are sincerely respectful and they have a way to make you feel welcome.

The only thing they can improve on is the check in process. It took them quite a while to check us in and since we were using Deal Grocer vouchers, they weren't so sure of the inclusions of the deal. The lady at the counter had to keep on referring to her superior. That was okay but I guess next time, they can first review the inclusions on the package so the transaction would be smoother.

3  Thank pipots
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear pipots,

I have shared your feedback with my team who are delighted to have been of service. I have especially asked of my Front Office to re look at our processes at handling vouchers like deal grocers so to as to prevent a similar inconvenience to other guests, and I do apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Last April 5, 2014 was our big day with my hubby.It was held at the Crimson and according to my friends and family it was the best wedding ever,thanks to Mr. Emet Sendin (the Crimson manager)and the Crimson team for making it happen.The food was spectacular,the beach setting for the ceremony and reception was perfect.The fireworks was great.The Crimson staff was very friendly and attentive.We got a very good deal with the rooms for our guest from abroad. I was so happy with our wedding cake which the Crimson made it the way i want it.It was indeed an amazing day,my happiest moment and memorable day of my life.Again thank you so much the Crimson team.God bless you all.

Room Tip: Room 508 villa with an ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smasher1984
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear smasher1984,

My team joins me in wishing you a very happy married life and we are glad that you carry nothing but the best of memories.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel gave us the perfect Mother's Day getaway this month. Our 'Ocean Front Villa with Private Plunge Pool' #505 was the ultimate accommodation one could ever dream of. My husband, an international airline pilot, is used to being billeted at 5-star hotels and it is a joy for him and for us as well to experience such sublime accommodation in our own homeland.

Our surreal experience commenced from our online & phoned-in reservation up to the villa express check-out accorded to us. Upon our request, our villa host, John Litang, arranged to have us fetched from Krua Thai restaurant instead of the airport. The driver of the hotel's Rav4 transportation service warmly welcomed us & pleasantly conversed with us. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with leis made of seashells, cold juice drinks & cold towels. It was a nice prelude and a definite promise that we will be having a grand time during our stay. Mardin, the villa host assigned to meet us, escorted us to our ocean front villa and processed our check-in in a breeze without us having to queue at the lobby/reception area. Our villa was pretty secluded thereby affording us the privacy that we want. It was completely furnished and the toiletries were replenished every morning & every night depending on consumption. Bottled water was provided to us also twice a day. When we went out to dinner, our villa was secured and tidied up during the turn-down service. Every morning, housekeeping formed different sized towels into animals. We love the creativity and the effort that the housekeeping people put in making the elephant and dog-shaped towels. A really nice touch!

Our villa accommodation included a buffet breakfast at the Tempo Lounge, exclusively for villa guests only. It was less cramped; the atmosphere more relaxed and the food abundant. Special food requests were readily & willingly accommodated. We really felt special & pampered! Villa guests were also treated to nightly cocktails at the Tempo Lounge. Love our dinner at the lounge where the singer serenaded our every bite.

The private plunge pool in our villa would have been perfect if not for the ugly rashes that I got after swimming in there. My family is predisposed to allergies which is why I easily had rashes and sore throat probably due to the chlorine content in the pool. However, the pool was clean and nicely warm, so to speak.

I am very particular with customer service, stemming from my 20 years experience in banking as an officer. Crimson Hotel & Spa made sure that its employees are well-adept in customer service, that we can see from the various interactions we've had with them. I have one misgiving though about a certain incident with your hotel nurse. I asked for salt one evening from our villa host. I needed it to make saline solution for my sore throat. Michael from housekeeping brought it and recommended to us your company/hotel nurse. I asked him if the nurse can come by and see me at our villa since it's already late in the evening. Surprisingly, the nurse just gave us a call and proceeded to give instructions about the saline solution (which I already know how), talking to my husband who is not even the 'patient'. We were aghast that she can quickly make consultation and draw a diagnosis over the phone without PERSONALLY examining the patient. If I needed other medicines, I would opt to be SEEN and EXAMINED first by a medical professional. Such was not the case with your hotel nurse. I guess she was too tired to go and examine me personally. But I do know that nurses in the hospitals are A LOT BUSIER, having to attend to a deluge of patients at one given time. We are experienced travelers and we always carry with us medicines for various ailments in case of emergencies such as this. If the nurse had seen me (instead of discussing my complaint with my husband), she could have recommended other remedies to me like anti-allergy medicines which we have. Nonetheless, I called my sister, a practicing physician, to ask for advice. I trust her more than some lazy nurse...

The superb service of Crimson Resort & Spa was marred by someone who probably has no inkling what customer service is all about. I just hope that your hotel would so something to correct the mindset of some employees who just wait for their paycheck and are too tired to go the extra mile for customers/hotel guests. In all likelihood, they have not fully grasp the importance of hotel guests as the source of their 'food on the table'.

Still, we love your hotel and plan to go back someday. I just hope we won't encounter the same lazy nurse...All the same, thank you Crimson Resort & Spa for the fantastic stay we've had at your hotel!

1  Thank JetStream66

Dear JetStream66,

I have shared your feedback with my team and they are excited that you had a memorable stay and look forward to your return. My personal thanks for the 5 stars you rated us notwithstanding the frustration due to the nurse on duty. I can assure you that I have personally addressed this and I do apologize.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!