I've previously stayed at both the Movenpick and Shangri La hotels in the Mactan/Lapu Lapu area, so decided to take a gamble on a short weekend break with a friend and went for a non-international chain. It paid off. Same coastline, same facilities and activities, fraction if the price.
The accommodation is lovely; individual, chalet style houses, not a high-rise hotel block in site. Good beds, hot water, clean etc. the reception area is beautifully done,very calming.
The food was pretty good -breakfast not as good as the other hotels but if you had a freshly made omelette and ordered a latte you can avoid the pitfalls if the cold buffet and tasteless filter coffee! The dinner choice also included an excellent spinach and paneer stack for the vegetarians like me.
The best thing -and I almost don't want to mention it on trip adviser -was the spa. No idea why but it was completely empty, the facilities are great (outdoor pool, outdoor jacuzzi, sauna, steam room) and I had the best massage of my life. And all significantly cheaper than other good spas.
So, choose Crimson if you want that classic resort beach break, without the top dollar price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with luxury and personalized service, Crimson Resort and Spa is the new destination and resort to experience. Nestled in one of the country's most prestigious tourist destinations, this exclusive piece of paradise is just 15 minutes away from the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Crimson Resort And Spa, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island