“Impeccable Service!!”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Washington DC
“Impeccable Service!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The service at all levels in the Crimson Resort is impeccable. My family recently spent 3 days at the Crimson and loved it. The resort is new and well maintained but what sets it apart from many resorts is the personnel from the reception desk to the restaurant, fitness staff and groundskeepers. We have traveled extensively and found that the service here rivals that of the Park Hyatts in Tokyo and Paris. This was my first visit to Cebu in 33 years and I hope to return shortly and stay at the Crimson again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank yowalter
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear yowalter,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your feedback with my team who are excited and humbled to be compared to some stunning properties in Tokyo and Paris.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed for one night to meet up with my hubby's sister in law who flew in from Los Angeles with her son and parents. We are happy with the accommodation, the room is big enough as well as the bathroom, the tub is separated from the shower with a television wall hanged.
The food is the typical international buffet. We will
Return for a longer stay
And with the family, surely our grandchildren will enjoy their stay!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nori C
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Nori,

I am glad that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have shared your feedback with my team who were also delighted by your appreciation.

HK
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The place is a fairly easy ride from the airport and they will arrange a pick up (if your package dosen't include one). The rooms are spacious, especially the bathrooms. The trip was for 5 of us, booking two properties, with some mixed experiences. They say it's how they deal with the issues though that makes the difference. This review might sound like a 'catalogue of problems' which i guess it was in some ways, but we did all enjoy our stay. The food was good, and the drinks were too. The breakfast buffet always delivered something that appealed.

Firstly we didn't know, and weren't told, that our weekend away coincided with IRON MAN, so the resort was packed, with a goodly % of the guests wanting to be up at 4am and wanting to be asleep by 8 - 9pm. This is really not ideal when they haven't separated out the Iron Man competitors from the ordinary folk.
This resulted in us having to move from one room due to a very unpleasant and overly agressive competitor in an adjoining room shouting at us for having a quiet conversation in our own villa (no TV, no music, just a conversation). The Head of Security was called & offered to move my friends to another room, as the man was so unpleasant & so threatening to us; suprisingly enough when three security staff (all male) turned up he went & hid in his room with the lights out & didn't make another squeak.

In one room, the shower was terrible (poor water pressure), but they fixed that the very same day. In the other room, the toilet was leaking; that took four calls to get fixed, plus the curtains fell down, twice. But delivery of an iron & ironing board, an adaptor, and a request for extra towells were all dealt with promptly.

There weren't really enough beds around the pool side area for all the guests when the place is booked to capacity, and they don't appear to have any in reserve for such times. There were quite a few areas taped off, under repair, but that didn't affect us.

The staff were extremly polite & very helpful, but you did sometime have to ask for bread, or water, or chilli sauce, 4 or 5 times before it actually arrived....

We found the massages of good quality, but be aware that having your massage by the pool is about one third of the price of going over to the spa, so if you're on a budget it's good to know that.

All in all, we did have a good time and a number of the staff really went above & beyond for us, but others seemed very willing, but didn't always deliver. Our first choice had been the Shangri-La but that had been fully booked up.

Room Tip: Its all low rise. Stay away from pool side villas for better peace. Dont go when Iron man competitio...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SB H
James M, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback. My team and I are embarrassed that we fell short in our service which is far from the standards we are accustomed to.
On behalf of my team, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please do contact me at rm.mactan@crimsonhotel.com so I may correspond with you.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went there in July 2012. My bf & I stayed at the Deluxe Garden Villa for 3/2 nights. Our room is really lovely, the bathroom is huge w/an LCD tv, and we had a nice veranda. The whole resort is superb. Food is delish not to mention the wide selection of breakfast buffet. We had an amazing stay with Crimson. Everybody's so friendly! (from the gardener to the manager, as in!). Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rie25
Dear Rie ,

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I highly recommend this place. The staff is one of the best I have ever encountered. Service impeccable. I highly recommend staying in the villa. Food was very very good. My husband and I found it one of the best vacations ever. Our villa host Mark was super .

Room Tip: Get the villa ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Banban A
Dear Banban,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have as well shared your feedback with my team especially with Mark who was equally delighted by your appreciation.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Things we loved:
1) The service! Thank you Archie for all those awesome drinks you kept coming during happy hour, especially our coconut drink specials that we loved. You are a rockstar along with the entire team there at Crimson who treated us in such a friendly way, we loved it!
2) Breakfast buffet. Just what we needed after prolonged resort drinking, stellar!
3) The numerous pools that were just as beautiful in the day as at night. We had lots of fun playing in the pools, and also enjoying the small but pretty beach.
4) Our beautiful and clean room with jacuzzi tub, beautiful bed, and nice products.
5) The live band on Saturday. They were so good and played our requests, no problem! Hope you guys keep hiring that band because they rocked.
6) How close this was to the airport, we were able to catch a 6 AM flight with no problem (though we did have to use the hotel taxi as no regular taxis were available that early).

Thanks for the best resort stay ever, we already want to come back!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AshleyW1987
Dear Ashley,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have as well shared your feedback with my team especially with Archie who was equally delighted by your appreciation.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed 3night at this resort. Ocean view pool villa.
Room condition was good enough, All the staffs were very kind and polite.

Especially thanks to Peter.Lee my villa host!
Even when he was off duty, he answered all of questions and requests.
Also he called me several times and asked me about satisfaction upon my request!
Since i travelling alot(7 months staying overseas out of an year), he could be one of the best hotelier that i've met...

Special thank to Peter.Lee and Crimson resort Mactan.
I had a wonderful holiday!

Room Tip: Ocean pool villa was very calm with a nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank cedricson77
Dear Cedricson ,

I am delighted that you had a great time in our resort. We always strive not only to satisfy our guests but exceed their expectations as well. I have also shared your feedback with my team especially with Peter who was equally delighted by your appreciation. I do hope that you enjoyed your experience during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 87 in Cebu City
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!