“old, stinky hotel with inefficient reservation personnel”
Review of Ace Penzionne

Ace Penzionne
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I paid for a superior double room (matrimonial bed) for my parents who were celebrating their 50th golden wedding anniversary but instead, the receptionist gave my parents a small, stinking room with two single beds. My parents, having no idea what type of room I reserved for them, was not able to sleep well because of the stench emanating from the room(room 301). My parents described the room as small, old, smelly with dirty walls. What i don't understand and fuming about is the inefficiency of their reservation/receptionist who was assigned on January 2, 2013 at past 7 pm. They have a record that i reserved for a superior,matrimonial, double bed via their website(surebook) last December17, 2012. I even confirmed this with Jean via phone & it was her who said that matrimonial beds are only available on the 5th floor so i said okay, placed on the 5th floor then. Last Dec. 30, I was also able to talk with their personnel,Marlene Cogo, to finalize my parents' airport pick-up and at the same time book my parents again in their hotel for Jan.4 specifically mentioning about the same type of room, which is a superior, double room with matrimonial bed. And she confirmed my booking instruction. I even mentioned that it was the 50th golden anniversary of my parents on Jan.2 that is why they are going to Cebu & Bohol for a vacation.

When they arrived on January 5 from Cebu, i checked the pictures they took. To my surprise, there was a picture of two single beds and a very small room taken with my father sitting in one of the beds. I asked them the name of the hotel the picture was taken because i booked them in what i believed was a matrimonial bed, a superior room for both Cebu and Bohol hotels. My parents said it was Ace Penzionne. I was so mad, i called-up their hotel and was able to talk with Melvin and demanded a refund of the whole amount paid for January 2 because of the inconvenience they caused my parents. Can you imagine, it was their golden anniversary and yet they gave them two separate, single beds and small, smelly room contrary to what was paid for? This is unacceptable.

Melvin also promised to give me feedback through my e-mail within that day, January 5, 2013 but until now, there is no feedback from their hotel despite two emails sent to them since then. Another broken promise, another case of inefficiency. I will never book again with this hotel. I recommend others to just go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank christine h

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was surprise when me and family checked in to this place. It is a pension house, the room is huge for the four of us. .
We checked in to this penzione house where it is closed to Gaisano and if you want MC Donalds, there it is only across the street where you can walk. A business area place. We were in the third floor of the building ,there is a Wi Fi but you have to ask for their passcode to get in, a hairdryer available when you ask for it. Huge bathroom. This is the best spot ever of all the places we checked in with my family. We have two double bed and they were huge. The room is cool and airconditioner works very good. There is a tv on the wall and if you ask for a mini refrigerator,they will give it to you where you can stored your drinks and etc while staying there.
Amazing place to explore on the six floor where you can eat and look around and see the city or the view of the sorrounding . it is windy and breezy. .A helpful lady while we were there in their restaurant. I had the best food in that place.Look at their menu.
Yes, if we go to Cebu for the next time, we will check in to this penzionne House again.

Room Tip: Ask the third floor or the last room facing to the back of the building close to the stairs and not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonia S
Reviewed 8 June 2012

At first, I wasn't expecting too much from this 'hotel' because of the implication it has with its name, ACE Penzionne. I thought it's just like the other pension houses i have been to. However, to my surprise, the setup is just like that of a hotel. as a matter of fact, it is more of a hotel than one "hotel" bearing name i know elsewhere. Their rooms are very very nice! Hot and cold shower is present PLUS lobby on every floor that has free Wifi! Isn't that good? :D Location-wise, very very good since it is right across the mall and other establishments. They also have FREE drop-off/pick up from and to the airport! very neat! And i would not want to forget to mention that they have a very delicious preparation of Mango Float! Yum! :D I was wrong to have underestimated this place. (Forgive me ACE Penzionne.) and for that very bad attitude, i want to make it up by having this review and by promoting their newly acquired official website! whohow! :D it's http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhotels.com/ with direct online booking! There! i hope i could make it up somehow. Godspeed y'all!

Room Tip: For accurate information, just visit their official website guys. http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhote...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jannahl_12
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room rate is reasonable, clean and big, The location of the hotel is a walk away from Gaisano Mall, 24hours Mcdo, Guitar Shops and Bars. The staff are warm and accommodating. Until our next visit :)

Room Tip: Wifi connection is a little bit slow in any room better use your device on their lobby in each floor...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bryan V
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed there for a visit to my fiancee in the Philippines. Very nice location, McDonald's is within walking distance, the Gaisano Mall is across the street. The hotel security is very good and friendly. The staff was good but don't ask about cleaning nor offer to clean the rooms until you approach them. The comfort room is adequate but not designed the best for the shower and toilet. The room was nice and comfortable. I stayed in the 1450 per night room which was a good value for the money. There is a cafe on the top floor of the hotel which overlooks the city and bay. The food is good and the restaurant staff is very friendly. Very comfortable room and friendly staff. I did have the room cleaned upon my request and the service staff was very friendly. The staff provided a driver to pick up at the airport and also to take me back to the airport at no charge. I would avoid the Japanese restaurant on the first floor, never very friendly people there. My only complaints is the WIFI doesn't work on the 5th floor, you have to go downstairs to the 4th floor and there should be at least one area for WIFI that is non-smoking for the guests who don't like to smell or be exposed to the odors. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit. It can be difficult to cross the busy street during the day but the security guards are very good at assisting you. I don't like the people hanging around out front trying to get a taxi for you when the guards are much better at getting a taxi or jeepney for you. The staff at the front desk is good and concerned to make sure your room is to your satisfaction, but should offer to clean the rooms more often without having to ask for the service. I did not like seeing the old mattress stacked in the lobby of the floor I stayed, but aside from that I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: I only saw the room with the queen bed, very nice room for 1450 pesos. I did see the large king siz...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard49135
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here for one night because my girlfriend was due the next morning in Cebu. The pros of this place are free WiFi, close proximity to the airport, view of the bridge, and pretty easy to find. I had heard good reviews of this place and decided to give it a shot.

The hotel wasn't bad but I got the 1,800 peso room with the view. The walls seemed a bit run down and I know I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere. So my advice is, if you get the 900 peso room, it's not bad for one night but anything more than that is not worth it, in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank pkim07
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My stay is quite long for it is about work.The location is perfect for it is only across in my work place. Since it is an old hotel expect that it is not as picture perfect that you would imagine for a so called "HOTEL". In the room where I first stayed, the wall has stains (needs repainting) & found cockroaches on CRs sink! Thank God I was transferred to a new room! Personnel? Utility personnel are friendly than receptionists! Oh another thing, they got only one small elevator!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business