Ace Penzionne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Cesario(Lapu Lapu)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Maayo Hotel(Mandaue)
View Hotel
All reviewsgaisano mallfree airport transferhot waterclose to the airportnight staypensionmactanmirror
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed there by accident. Taxi from airport took me next door and it was not very nice so walked here. Of course the taxi told me it was too expensive as he was making a commission on the other place. Ace is clean and and the price was very reasonable for the quality. Free airport shuttle. Reasonable price. Location is great as it is across the street from a large shopping mall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I paid for a superior double room (matrimonial bed) for my parents who were celebrating their 50th golden wedding anniversary but instead, the receptionist gave my parents a small, stinking room with two single beds. My parents, having no idea what type of room I reserved for them, was not able to sleep well because of the stench emanating from the room(room 301). My parents described the room as small, old, smelly with dirty walls. What i don't understand and fuming about is the inefficiency of their reservation/receptionist who was assigned on January 2, 2013 at past 7 pm. They have a record that i reserved for a superior,matrimonial, double bed via their website(surebook) last December17, 2012. I even confirmed this with Jean via phone & it was her who said that matrimonial beds are only available on the 5th floor so i said okay, placed on the 5th floor then. Last Dec. 30, I was also able to talk with their personnel,Marlene Cogo, to finalize my parents' airport pick-up and at the same time book my parents again in their hotel for Jan.4 specifically mentioning about the same type of room, which is a superior, double room with matrimonial bed. And she confirmed my booking instruction. I even mentioned that it was the 50th golden anniversary of my parents on Jan.2 that is why they are going to Cebu & Bohol for a vacation.

When they arrived on January 5 from Cebu, i checked the pictures they took. To my surprise, there was a picture of two single beds and a very small room taken with my father sitting in one of the beds. I asked them the name of the hotel the picture was taken because i booked them in what i believed was a matrimonial bed, a superior room for both Cebu and Bohol hotels. My parents said it was Ace Penzionne. I was so mad, i called-up their hotel and was able to talk with Melvin and demanded a refund of the whole amount paid for January 2 because of the inconvenience they caused my parents. Can you imagine, it was their golden anniversary and yet they gave them two separate, single beds and small, smelly room contrary to what was paid for? This is unacceptable.

Melvin also promised to give me feedback through my e-mail within that day, January 5, 2013 but until now, there is no feedback from their hotel despite two emails sent to them since then. Another broken promise, another case of inefficiency. I will never book again with this hotel. I recommend others to just go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank christine h
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was surprise when me and family checked in to this place. It is a pension house, the room is huge for the four of us. .
We checked in to this penzione house where it is closed to Gaisano and if you want MC Donalds, there it is only across the street where you can walk. A business area place. We were in the third floor of the building ,there is a Wi Fi but you have to ask for their passcode to get in, a hairdryer available when you ask for it. Huge bathroom. This is the best spot ever of all the places we checked in with my family. We have two double bed and they were huge. The room is cool and airconditioner works very good. There is a tv on the wall and if you ask for a mini refrigerator,they will give it to you where you can stored your drinks and etc while staying there.
Amazing place to explore on the six floor where you can eat and look around and see the city or the view of the sorrounding . it is windy and breezy. .A helpful lady while we were there in their restaurant. I had the best food in that place.Look at their menu.
Yes, if we go to Cebu for the next time, we will check in to this penzionne House again.

Room Tip: Ask the third floor or the last room facing to the back of the building close to the stairs and not a smoking area. It is more quiter and you can sleep good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonia S
Reviewed 8 June 2012

At first, I wasn't expecting too much from this 'hotel' because of the implication it has with its name, ACE Penzionne. I thought it's just like the other pension houses i have been to. However, to my surprise, the setup is just like that of a hotel. as a matter of fact, it is more of a hotel than one "hotel" bearing name i know elsewhere. Their rooms are very very nice! Hot and cold shower is present PLUS lobby on every floor that has free Wifi! Isn't that good? :D Location-wise, very very good since it is right across the mall and other establishments. They also have FREE drop-off/pick up from and to the airport! very neat! And i would not want to forget to mention that they have a very delicious preparation of Mango Float! Yum! :D I was wrong to have underestimated this place. (Forgive me ACE Penzionne.) and for that very bad attitude, i want to make it up by having this review and by promoting their newly acquired official website! whohow! :D it's http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhotels.com/ with direct online booking! There! i hope i could make it up somehow. Godspeed y'all!

Room Tip: For accurate information, just visit their official website guys. http://acepenzionne.cebumactanhotels.com/
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jannahl_12
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The room rate is reasonable, clean and big, The location of the hotel is a walk away from Gaisano Mall, 24hours Mcdo, Guitar Shops and Bars. The staff are warm and accommodating. Until our next visit :)

Room Tip: Wifi connection is a little bit slow in any room better use your device on their lobby in each floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends