“Excellent hotel but poor location”

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed in this hotel overnight in order to catch our flight in Mactan Airport the next day. We chose it because of its good reviews in TripAdvisor. Upon arrival we were.pleasantly surprised to be told that we had been upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It was perhaps more a matter of convenience to the hotel for having been overbooked in their standard room to move us to a rarely booked room for one night. Needless to say we did not complain esp. when the suite was located at the rear of the building away from traffic. The suite had a spacious living room, dining area, kitchen facilities, an outside veranda, a huge bedroom with beautiful decor, and a modern bathroom. We were quite blown away!

The downside to this hotel is the location. It is right in the middle of a very busy boulevard, flanked by small stores and a neighbourhood that is not very walkable. There is no good stores or restaurants nearby. Thank goodness the Cafe downstairs served very good food including dinner and breakfast. The staff both in in the hotel and restaurant is very helpful and hospitable as well.

So all in all, if one is there for business or on short personal visits but has a ride to go somewhere else for shopping or food and sleep well despite the noise, then I would certainly recommend this hotel. Otherwise if you are a tourist wanting some rest and relaxation, this is not a place to be in. You may want to try other hotels by the beach in the Mactan area or the Marriott in Cebu near the Ayala Mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road although because of the busy traffic, even the rear rooms are...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lena5209

Reviewed 25 January 2013

It was my first time to visit Cebu last November 2012. I went with my family and some relatives. The staffs were very accommodating and friendly. It was very convenient for us since it is very near to the airport. The hotel is very clean especially the rooms. I'll definitely stay in Goldberry Suites & Hotel again next time. To everyone who will be visiting Cebu, I recommend Goldberry. I guarantee your money will be worth it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank markreyes08
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The Hotel was clean, Staff were friendly. It was a very good experience for me and my family. The kids enjoyed their soft beds, it was really comfortable.
From the hotel the airport takes about 10 minutes so it was quite convenient for travelers. The hotel is situated close to the beaches as well.
Their service was excellent, the people working their were courteous and very helpful. I recommend this hotel to people travelling with their families/ friends. I will definitely book my stay in this hotel next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed at the Goldberry Hotel for about 3 weeks. The staff was very helpful. The room was modern. The bathroom was clean and large. The restaurant on the hotel premises was a good option when not dining in the city. The hotel also hosts wedding receptions. Lastly, the hotel front desk staff was an excellent help in receiving my lost luggage from Mactan International Airport, they followed my instructions in signing for the luggage and copying all of the records for travel insurance claim purposes.

Room Tip: The highest priced rooms are excellent. I was given a tour of them for potential use on future tri...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank d5678
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We booked this hotel 'cause we needed a one night stay in Cebu. We booked the standard room and we were really happy with it. It had a good size, looked modern with a flatscreen tv and a comfy kingsize bed. The bathroom was completely in glass and was something special, I liked it. The staff were friendly and the complimentary shuttle service from the airport was handy. The breakfast that was included in the price was good. Only minor point was the internet, their wifi wasn't working on our floor as we could not connect to it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brittme
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I found Goldberry suites on trip advisor after discovering the original hotel I booked into was a brothel. Goldberry is situated on Lapu Lapu island near the Cebu airport. A taxi into Cebu City will cost P200-P300 and takes 20-40 minutes depending on traffic / distance. They have a complementary airport shuttle.

Goldberry is fantastic - safe, professionally run, efficient, customer service orientated and has fantastic rooms - clean and modern, better than most 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed in! I think we paid P1500 (excl taxes) for a standard room. The room had a safe, good aircon, tv with loads of good channels, room phone, stocked mini bar, strong wifi connection, lovely clean linen and a modern look and feel. Bathrooms were spotless.

We really loved the hotel and would recommend it to anyone who has a night or two in Cebu city.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Abbey S
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed there for one night. Stumbled upon a promo from metrodeals which basically let's you spend the night in their deluxe suite for more than half the price. The room is spacious, restroom is clean, hotel staff is very friendly. Only problem I see there is their bathroom have glass doors; this might become a problem for some people. (Not for me though, I stayed there alone). The hotel is very close to the airport, this might appeal for some, but if you're thinking of going to the city center a lot, getting to and fro the hotel can be a hassle. Overall, excellent hotel, I love the bed with duvet sheets -- very, very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the suite, it's very spacious. I got one with a balcony, I didn't make much use of it b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
0 mi away
The Bellavista Hotel
The Bellavista Hotel
#18 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!