“absolutely perfect for what I wanted and needed”

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 28 February 2013

In January, I stayed for one night at the Goldberry. My plane arrived at 01:00 AM and the Goldberry representative was waiting for me when I walked out of the baggage claim. In less than fifteen minutes I was checking into the hotel. I stayed for one night, as my dive resort was picking me up at 11:30 AM.

My studio room was quiet, comfortable, modern and nicely equipped (refrigerator with min- bar, complimentary water, packages of coffee, kettle, shampoo, etc.). There were no windows in my room, so in the morning it did feel a little dark. My rate included breakfast and it was served at an adjacent restaurant where I was given a choice from several set plates. The food was enough to get me going, but it only included one cup of coffee, so I paid for a second cup.

I looked around the area a little and there was not too much of interest. There was a small sari-sari booth (not a walk-in store) across the street and next door there was a Chinese bank with an ATM.

The Goldberry was absolutely perfect for what I wanted and needed. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and I felt very secure there. I made my own reservations online through the Goldberry website and it was very easy. If I again have a late plane, or need a room for a night by the airport, I would not hesitate to return to the Goldberry.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank pazz2011

Reviewed 25 February 2013

A great hotel with great suites and a wonderful penthouse!

I decided that after our three week Philippines my partner and I should have a real treat for our final night before getting a flight back to the UK,and the penthouse didn't let us down.

The hotel reception,interiors and lift where spotless.
The penthouse was lovely. A great TV,sound or lounge area,a kitchenette,although we ate out so didn't use it,a dining area,lovely quiet bedroom with an en suite bathroom,no bath though,which is no biggie,if it is,then the fabulous balcony and sun area should more than make up for this.

All the staff where warm and friendly and you get a free airport transfer to.

We loved it.

Room Tip: Go for it, ;-)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimgard
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you have read my first review on this hotel you would see we had a great experience staying here last year. So with that said we knew were we could get an affordable comfortable room that was close to the airport and offered free shuttle service. Nothing has changed since the last time we stayed here the staff were very nice and accommodating and remembered my wife and I from last year which was nice. The rooms are clean and modern with a very comfortable bed so after a long flight it was a great way to start our vacation. The free breakfast next door at the restaurant was good as well. Thanks to the Goldberry for the nice stay and helping us start our vacation with a good nights rest. See you again next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mastodon38
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Modern hotel in the Pusok area of Mactan. Exceptionally clean modern rooms, courteous and helpful staff, nice breakfasts and great value. Stayed here three whilst island hopping around the region and was upgraded twice. Only problem is the front facing rooms are facing onto a busy road.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed there last night, having been collected by the hotel from the airport. Our room was clean, modern and comfortably appointed. Everything we needed just for a one night stay. The restaurant next door was, again, very clean, and offered a reasonable choice of dishes. Bonus - our food was recognisable and eatable, which made a refreshing change from Hong Kong where (apologies for stating the obvious) the choice is between VERY high end hotel fare, global fast food outlets and chinese restaurants where the food can be something of a challenge, even to foodies like us. But when in Rome ......

Staff at both the Goldberry Suites and the restaurant were both charming and helpful.

It would be wrong to do this review without mentioning the only downside, which was the fact that the hotel, whilst undoubtedly conveniently placed, is nevertheless one the side of a very busy road, three lanes on each side and the traffic, from our experience, continues 24/7 at a high decibel rating. In all fairness, our room was on the front of the hotel and had we known that the traffic would be so relentless we would have asked to be moved, but we didn't and as a consequence had a very poor nights sleep! Might be worth considering when booking, but as far as we could see, it was the only thing about which we could complain.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank whizzkid50
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is my second review of the Goldberry Suites & Hotel. My wife and I had a great experience with them last year so we decided to book with them again. We arrived late from Korea and our shuttle was there for us so it was a quick and easy ride to the hotel. We were promptly checked in and were on our way to a good night sleep after a long day of traveling. Nothing changed from one year ago comfortable rooms,very friendly staff, complimentary breakfast however i think we may have paid a little extra for that when we booked the room. The staff remembered us from last year and that was a very nice touch also the free shuttle is nice as well.Thanks again to making the start of our vacation great and we will see you again next year

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank analyn76
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. It's surprising to find something new and clean yet affordable in Lapu lapu. Aside from the expensive resort hotels, most of the available hotels here are old. I found out about Goldberry thru TripAdvisor, and I'm glad I tried it. The hotel is new, rooms are spacious and has good interiors. The bathroom was impressively clean and I especially liked the comfortable beddings too. I just hope they add more lighting to the bathroom, and improve their wifi signal in the rooms.
The breakfast was plated and not good at all. They should improve this and give their guests more menu choices. I don't mind paying more if breakfast would be enjoyable with fresh fruit varieties too.
Overall, I'd come back here mainly for their clean rooms and kind front desk staff. There are no restaurants and convenience stores nearby, so the hotel needs excellent F&B service which they failed to provide.

• Stayed: February 2013
0 mi away
The Bellavista Hotel
The Bellavista Hotel
#18 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!