“the best airport hotel”

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel last December 2012. The price then was just P1980 for a studio room, if I'm not mistaken. Plated breakfast was already included and with free airport transfers.

It was a pleasant surprise. The room was nicely decorated with modern feel. There's no window in the studio rooms, which makes it very conducive for sleeping. The bed was very comfortable with duvet cover and memory foam. I cannot forget the pillows. I so love them!

The breakfast was sufficient for me. I had the american option and it was more than enough.

Overall, a very good comfortable stay. For me, I think is the best airport hotel.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank DoraInMars

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the 2nd time, was not happy at all. My room was on the 4th flr facing the main road, the noise was a disaster. All the road noise will annoy and keep you awake.
Wifi does not work, staff will tell you that they are working on it but it stays dead until I checked out few days after.
Breakfast was a disaster, its a plated meal. Choices are limited, portions are small, and the taste is horrible. Never order their french toast, it tastes like a stale French bread. For a $70 room rate with wifi and breakfast, they only delivered the room. They should refund me for breakfast and wifi.
Housekeeping does a good job though, my room is clean and fresh. Sadly, all the rest of the things you expect from a hotel fails.
Should I come back? Maybe not....

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank MikeCarmona
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Mr. Mike Carmona,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel. Every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We are disappointed to learn that aspects of your stay fell below expectations. We have taken your comments seriously and have addressed them with our management team to refine our services.

We sincerely apologize for the experience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to review our services.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Goldberry Suites & Hotel in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss any matter, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the hotel which i was supposed to stay for about ten months
We agreed to have a special price
And its really amazing
Cleaning
Wake up calls
Arrangement has been done instead of airport to my school
When i came to the hotel first day i got upgraded to deluxe room for two nights then transferred to studio
Staff are cool and friendly
I used to go have a chat when im bored
Stuff are really nice
I pod dock
Comfy bed
And its a luxury place
As i came back to stay in it for two night after 3 months of staying
And i got discount and im famous in this hotel
When i left the hotel
I got gifts and a thanks letter from the manager
I will really come back to it as im in cebu

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor room 306 Was the best for me
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Albuthain
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've been to this place there's no scenic or natural view to be found in the area except for the vehicles, cars, traffic lights and motorists you see once you go out of the property. Not so good to visit if you want a more relaxing stay. No beach. I don't recommend.. traffic congestion through-out the place since it's just so near from the street. You can hear horns of vehicles every now and then, actually everyday. The food is good though.

Room Tip: room don't have a window ..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank vellson
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I got a windowless standard room -- I didn't mind. There's not much of a view around the area anyway, so I liked how my room was perpetually dim. It was relaxing. The wifi connection was fantastic -- the best so far in all of the hotels I've ever stayed in, even the more expensive luxury-business-class ones. If you're in Lapu-lapu for business, and not overly stuffy and elitist, then this is the place for you if you need to be constantly online and connected.

The standard room wasn't that big but the bathroom was spacious and occupied almost half of the room. I really enjoyed that. I hate cramped, tiny bathrooms. Nothing says budget backpacker like a tiny bathroom. So I'm really glad Goldberry invested in proper space management and gave its rooms spacious bathrooms with nice amenities. I still use the free "gold" trimmed plastic toothbrush I got from the hotel. No cheap stuff here. Overall, the place was well worth the price.

Room Tip: don't get rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Patty M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

As I am just passing through Cebu for a night and flying off to another destination the following morning, I needed to look for a place to stay near the airport. Goldberry suites provided me with exactly these requirements.

Due to continuous urbanization of the Metro Cebu area (composed of the Cities of Cebu, Mactan and Lapu-lapu), the economic development comes with it traffic congestion and such problems. Cebu also continue to be a tourist hub and international travelers frequent the city for both business and pleasure. This means that hotels are going to be pricey.

On this business trip, I chanced upon Goldberry suites. It's relatively new and the amenities it offers are very modern. The rooms are clean and spacious. Getting to the airport for my onward travel was also very easy. If I am given the chance to travel to Cebu in the future, I will definitely consider Goldberry suites.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheBaldTraveller
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I know I can't expect too much from a tiny/budget hotel, so I booked the best room they have just to be their VIP guest. The hotel's regular rate is about $50 bucks. I got their Penthouse with the regular rate of $240 (Promo rate $170). With that rate you can get a Suite in other bigger hotels with great amenities like in the Waterfront & the Marriot. The only reason I picked this hotel is because it is the nearest hotel from the clinic where I got my surgery done. As I felt so sick after the surgery I didn't mind to pay the most expensive room they have though it wasn't worth it. My main purpose is to be their VIP guest (to have the best service) just like other big hotels would do if you're staying in their higher-rate rooms.

I asked our breakfast to be delivered to our room but the "not pleasing" voice on the other line said that they don't deliver breakfast in the room. Really! Then my private nurse explained about my situation before they agreed to deliver the breakfast. Wow really?

The front desk named "Lady" was so rude and sarcastic as she can be. We asked for an extension for 30 minutes and she automatically said "No" as their hotel's policy. We asked to speak to the manager and she said that there's no manager on Sunday and that we put her job on the line if we really insist. Really Lady? Do these people have any idea what their doing?

Guys, there's a lot of hotels in the area with better service if you're looking for lower rates. This hotel is not even worth your 50 bucks per night. The hotel's location is very noisy too. Next to a highway where big trucks and horns of any other vehicles are blowing anytime of the day.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank June_198030
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Ms. June_198030,

Thank you for your review about your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction. A thorough investigation is being conducted regarding your review. Please be assured that should the result of our investigation reflect any failing on our part, it shall be corrected immediately since we are committed to excellence in guest satisfaction.

We would like you to know that room service is available and that our managers and supervisors are always willing to talk to our guests as part of our service. We do appologize if there were some misunderstandings. We have talked to the people involved and we are taking actions to make sure our guests experience the comfort they deserve.

We are also currently conducting renovations on our guestrooms to provide a more relaxing stay to all our patrons. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Once again kindly be assured that your comments are well accepted and after completion of our investigation, it will be handled accordingly by management.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management

0 mi away
The Bellavista Hotel
The Bellavista Hotel
#18 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!