“Newly Renovated Clean”

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
“Newly Renovated Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice this month because of good reviews here. Booking online did not work so I manually booked through email. Booked a Deluxe room fronting the road but apparently all rooms of this type was facing the back. Which I learned only when arrived. Management was good enough to upgrade me to a Suite fronting the road. Second time around, I got a Standard room which was smaller but enough since I'm out most of the time. Small clean comfortable best describes the rooms. Free breakfast was plated (buffet would have been nice). Internet was slow but enough for email (good thing i had mobile data). Generally my stay here was good and would come back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

When I used this hotel I was staying only one night and paid more than 3,000PHP for that fun.
Building is quite small, reception also.. check in was smooth and the room was big.
It had a big balcony, but the view was not pretty, rusty roofs and basketball court where kids were playing until very late in the evening so it was pretty noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
goldberrysuites, General Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
November 20, 2013

Dear PH1979,
Makati, Philippines

Thank you for your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel and your posted review.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel is located on a major main road and the room that was assigned must be facing the back side which has neighboring houses. But we have other views depending on which side of the building your window is facing, including the Mactan Channel where you can experience sunrise or sunsets. Goldberry Suites & Hotel also offers different room categories at lower rates with the same comfort & services.

I am pleased to advise that our Executive Management Team is currently working to expand our hotel by developing our nearby property to include more rooms as well as commercial outlets for more activities for business & family trips.

Thank you again for the time taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel last December 2012. The price then was just P1980 for a studio room, if I'm not mistaken. Plated breakfast was already included and with free airport transfers.

It was a pleasant surprise. The room was nicely decorated with modern feel. There's no window in the studio rooms, which makes it very conducive for sleeping. The bed was very comfortable with duvet cover and memory foam. I cannot forget the pillows. I so love them!

The breakfast was sufficient for me. I had the american option and it was more than enough.

Overall, a very good comfortable stay. For me, I think is the best airport hotel.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank DoraInMars
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the 2nd time, was not happy at all. My room was on the 4th flr facing the main road, the noise was a disaster. All the road noise will annoy and keep you awake.
Wifi does not work, staff will tell you that they are working on it but it stays dead until I checked out few days after.
Breakfast was a disaster, its a plated meal. Choices are limited, portions are small, and the taste is horrible. Never order their french toast, it tastes like a stale French bread. For a $70 room rate with wifi and breakfast, they only delivered the room. They should refund me for breakfast and wifi.
Housekeeping does a good job though, my room is clean and fresh. Sadly, all the rest of the things you expect from a hotel fails.
Should I come back? Maybe not....

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank MikeCarmona
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Mr. Mike Carmona,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel. Every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We are disappointed to learn that aspects of your stay fell below expectations. We have taken your comments seriously and have addressed them with our management team to refine our services.

We sincerely apologize for the experience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to review our services.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Goldberry Suites & Hotel in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss any matter, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the hotel which i was supposed to stay for about ten months
We agreed to have a special price
And its really amazing
Cleaning
Wake up calls
Arrangement has been done instead of airport to my school
When i came to the hotel first day i got upgraded to deluxe room for two nights then transferred to studio
Staff are cool and friendly
I used to go have a chat when im bored
Stuff are really nice
I pod dock
Comfy bed
And its a luxury place
As i came back to stay in it for two night after 3 months of staying
And i got discount and im famous in this hotel
When i left the hotel
I got gifts and a thanks letter from the manager
I will really come back to it as im in cebu

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor room 306 Was the best for me
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Albuthain
Baguio, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've been to this place there's no scenic or natural view to be found in the area except for the vehicles, cars, traffic lights and motorists you see once you go out of the property. Not so good to visit if you want a more relaxing stay. No beach. I don't recommend.. traffic congestion through-out the place since it's just so near from the street. You can hear horns of vehicles every now and then, actually everyday. The food is good though.

Room Tip: room don't have a window ..
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank vellson
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I got a windowless standard room -- I didn't mind. There's not much of a view around the area anyway, so I liked how my room was perpetually dim. It was relaxing. The wifi connection was fantastic -- the best so far in all of the hotels I've ever stayed in, even the more expensive luxury-business-class ones. If you're in Lapu-lapu for business, and not overly stuffy and elitist, then this is the place for you if you need to be constantly online and connected.

The standard room wasn't that big but the bathroom was spacious and occupied almost half of the room. I really enjoyed that. I hate cramped, tiny bathrooms. Nothing says budget backpacker like a tiny bathroom. So I'm really glad Goldberry invested in proper space management and gave its rooms spacious bathrooms with nice amenities. I still use the free "gold" trimmed plastic toothbrush I got from the hotel. No cheap stuff here. Overall, the place was well worth the price.

Room Tip: don't get rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!