My wife and I checked in on the 18th of January and out on the 19th. Before check-in we asked if we could have a 1:30PM checkout and the girl at the front desk said she had to call her manager to ask. She did, and confirmed that it was fine. At 4am the phone rang to tell us that the van was ready to take us to the airport- and I told the young man that we were not checking out until 1:30 in the afternoon! He apologized.
We had the penthouse suite but the refrigerator did not work at all no matter what setting we used. We were in room 604. The disco nearby has pounding bass that does not seem to stop!
At about 11:00 am I put the "do not disturb sign" on the door but the cleaning staff knocked anyhow. :(
The wifi was nonexistent when we stayed- nothing in the lobby or the rooms.
Breakfast was lousy- the coffee was so bitter my wife could not drink any of it and the food was generally very greasy and low quality, plus it was cold. I ordered the french toast but it did not come with butter or syrup. I asked for butter and syrup, and they brought me syrup and said "is that OK sir?" Well, no, I would like butter too. Finally I got it.
At ten til 1:00pm we got a call telling us that we needed to get out of the room in spite of a manager approving our 1:30pm. When I mentioned to the front desk woman upon leaving that we were promised a later checkout by a manager, she was rude and argumentative and stated that "we have customers to take care of". My wife said "Well, we are customers too, and you promised us a 1:30 checkout!"
I should also mention that the shower was very poor because of very low water pressure.
It is a shame that such a beautiful suite would be ruined by such poor staff and a lack of maintenance. The management of this hotel needs to improve how they train their staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel is a Business Boutique Hotel conveniently located at M.L. Quezon Natl. Highway, Pusok, Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Cebu, Philippines. It is just 5 minutes away from Cebu International Airport, and 5km away from Cebu City. You can reach 2 major malls of Lapu-Lapu City and the Mactan Export Processing Zone in just a few minutes.We offer different room accommodations, all with Cable TV, internet access, a mini Bar, and a Safety Deposit Box. Some of our rooms even have a Private Living Room, Balcony, and Mini Kitchen.Dine in at Vienna Kaffehaus or relax at Thai Boran Spa. You can also visit our Gift Shop and Business Center at the 2nd floor; or book an event or a meeting at our Conference and Function Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Goldberry Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldberry Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Goldberry Suites And Hotel
- Goldberry Suites & Hotel Cebu Island/Mactan Island