“frustrated and disappointed- rude staff, bad shower, fridge, and Wifi- disco nearby” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goldberry Suites & Hotel

Goldberry Suites & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I checked in on the 18th of January and out on the 19th. Before check-in we asked if we could have a 1:30PM checkout and the girl at the front desk said she had to call her manager to ask. She did, and confirmed that it was fine. At 4am the phone rang to tell us that the van was ready to take us to the airport- and I told the young man that we were not checking out until 1:30 in the afternoon! He apologized.

We had the penthouse suite but the refrigerator did not work at all no matter what setting we used. We were in room 604. The disco nearby has pounding bass that does not seem to stop!

At about 11:00 am I put the "do not disturb sign" on the door but the cleaning staff knocked anyhow. :(

The wifi was nonexistent when we stayed- nothing in the lobby or the rooms.

Breakfast was lousy- the coffee was so bitter my wife could not drink any of it and the food was generally very greasy and low quality, plus it was cold. I ordered the french toast but it did not come with butter or syrup. I asked for butter and syrup, and they brought me syrup and said "is that OK sir?" Well, no, I would like butter too. Finally I got it.

At ten til 1:00pm we got a call telling us that we needed to get out of the room in spite of a manager approving our 1:30pm. When I mentioned to the front desk woman upon leaving that we were promised a later checkout by a manager, she was rude and argumentative and stated that "we have customers to take care of". My wife said "Well, we are customers too, and you promised us a 1:30 checkout!"

I should also mention that the shower was very poor because of very low water pressure.

It is a shame that such a beautiful suite would be ruined by such poor staff and a lack of maintenance. The management of this hotel needs to improve how they train their staff.

Room Tip: You might have better water pressure on a low floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank monekyface
goldberrysuites, Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
January 28, 2014

Monkeyface
Thailand

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your posted review regarding your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

We respectfully apologize for your unfortunate experience and the inconvenience caused during your stay. A thorough investigation is currently being conducted regarding your review. Please be assured that any incident that reflects any failing on our part shall be corrected immediately since we are committed to excellence in guest satisfaction.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel is located along a major road. It is not usual that neighbors create loud noises, but during the time of your stay, Cebu was at a festive mood for the major Sinulog event, this is why there was disco during that time.

We are currently conducting renovations of our guestrooms to provide a more relaxing stay for all our patrons. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding our service. Once again kindly be assured that your comments are well accepted and after completion of our investigation all failings on our part will be expeditiously handled by management since customer satisfaction is our highest priority.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at gm@goldberrysuites.com.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel in order to catch a very early flight in the morning. The room was quite spacious and décor was modern. It was a comfortable stay and served our purpose due to its proximity to the airport. Would recommend it if you're looking to be near the city centre or the airport but not much else since it's away from the beach/natural beauty of Cebu

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here for a business trip in Cebu. Everything is shiny new, rooms are spacious and clean, neighborhood was quiet, bed was comfortable (slept like a log), service was impeccable, just a stone's throw away from the airport and near the city center. No bells and whistles which means I got all these without costing an arm and a leg. Will definitely go back when in Cebu.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hilborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked this hotel after leaving the typhoon in tacloban Leyte, the hotels rooms were fantastic, all the facilities you require we're all there with a touch of luxury. The location was good, near to the shopping mall and only 10 minutes to the airport. We had a great view of cebu across the water from our room. The restaurant next door was good too and the staff especially Natalie were excellent. Will definitely stay again next time in Cebu.

Room Tip: Room at front of hotel, all the rooms are different
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice this month because of good reviews here. Booking online did not work so I manually booked through email. Booked a Deluxe room fronting the road but apparently all rooms of this type was facing the back. Which I learned only when arrived. Management was good enough to upgrade me to a Suite fronting the road. Second time around, I got a Standard room which was smaller but enough since I'm out most of the time. Small clean comfortable best describes the rooms. Free breakfast was plated (buffet would have been nice). Internet was slow but enough for email (good thing i had mobile data). Generally my stay here was good and would come back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

When I used this hotel I was staying only one night and paid more than 3,000PHP for that fun.
Building is quite small, reception also.. check in was smooth and the room was big.
It had a big balcony, but the view was not pretty, rusty roofs and basketball court where kids were playing until very late in the evening so it was pretty noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
goldberrysuites, General Manager at Goldberry Suites & Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
November 20, 2013

Dear PH1979,
Makati, Philippines

Thank you for your stay at Goldberry Suites & Hotel and your posted review.

Every review helps us to improve our service while we maintain our policy of excellence in guest comfort and satisfaction.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel is located on a major main road and the room that was assigned must be facing the back side which has neighboring houses. But we have other views depending on which side of the building your window is facing, including the Mactan Channel where you can experience sunrise or sunsets. Goldberry Suites & Hotel also offers different room categories at lower rates with the same comfort & services.

I am pleased to advise that our Executive Management Team is currently working to expand our hotel by developing our nearby property to include more rooms as well as commercial outlets for more activities for business & family trips.

Thank you again for the time taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Goldberry Suites & Hotel Management
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel last December 2012. The price then was just P1980 for a studio room, if I'm not mistaken. Plated breakfast was already included and with free airport transfers.

It was a pleasant surprise. The room was nicely decorated with modern feel. There's no window in the studio rooms, which makes it very conducive for sleeping. The bed was very comfortable with duvet cover and memory foam. I cannot forget the pillows. I so love them!

The breakfast was sufficient for me. I had the american option and it was more than enough.

Overall, a very good comfortable stay. For me, I think is the best airport hotel.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to Goldberry Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!