I stayed in a large room. The price was very good (950PHP = $23) and the hotel is brand new. The problem is that the walls are riddled with holes. I have never seen such a sloppy renovation job in my life. Naturally, ants and bugs have colonized these spaces. As is usually the case in the tropics, some ants are not your petite and polite European ants - they are large, scary and love human skin! There is a mini kitchen with only a sink and empty cabinets. It serves no purpose besides providing more holes for the ants. The shower and toilet are good.The air conditioner is noisy and there is only a thin white curtain that doesn't block sunlight. The location is also odd. It is on a main avenue and the only attraction is a mini shopping centre with a supermarket and some restaurants. I don't recommend this branch of Island Stay. I moved to the uptown branch of the same chain in Cebu City and it was much better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islands Stay Hotels is a value chain hotel in Cebu that focuses on great locations while offering low prices. Islands Stay Hotels in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan, is strategically located at the airport road intersection and is a two-minute drive away from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. Islands Stay Hotels also has a branch in uptown Cebu, strategically located in Cebu's central business district, across Ayala Center Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Islands Stay Hotels Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island