I don't think they deserved to be called "hotel" in the first place. They don't even give the basics. Their small travel kit includes sachet shampoo, soap and cotton buds. You have to bring therefore your toothpaste and toothbrush. They don't have complimentary slippers and rags. You heard it right, RAGS! So from the bathroom after taking a shower, your flooring will always be wet. Imagine, no slippers and rags! And so, there are no complimentary water (which is basic in hotels) and even instant coffee. The room was somehow claustrophobic in nature as it was so small, even the hallway. Equipment/tools are not maintained well and looks like it will tear down anytime, so be careful in handling them. REmote control of the aircon, not functioning. If you're small (like me, 5'2) you can hardly reach their aircon.
STAFF- Their staff is quick to respond with your needs. We ask for hangers, towels (these are not present when we entered our room), chair (yes, their rooms do not have chair). THe BEST THING. THey allowed our baggage (not us) to check in early (around 9AM instead of 2PM) and check out late (7PM instead of 12PM). At least, we can travel with light bags.
LOCATION- near the airport. Near Marina Mall (Savemore, chowking, starbucks, mang inasal, etc.). Near 24 hour Korean store. Lobby has a ZUbuchon branch.
MALFUNCTIONING GENERATOR- during our trip, there's a power interruption from 8AM-4PM on our first day. Good thing we're out of the hotel. The staff told us right away. But hey! These are just basics. A hotel must have a functioning generator. UNless they would reimburse waht we paid for.
BED and PILLOWS- we reserved medium room.That is good for 2, 2 small people. If you were chubby or big, then you will have a hard time. Pillows are really flat. 2 inches only. What i did was to fold it.
NO CABINETS- Imagine you cannot even arrange your things! I always have a hard time finding something just because they dont have even small cabinet. They have small table where the phone is. THats it.
MISSING EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/BASIC- No refrigerator, hotpot, hotwater, cups, spoon, rags, lamp, table to write on, chair, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers, mirror aside from the one in the bathroom. You have to go there to put on your makeup.
THere are more affordable hotels in Cebu city, less than 1 thou. Better to go there to avoid getting irritated. But if youre out of the hotel most of the time, this may work for you. Just keep in mind that their generator is malfunctioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islands Stay Hotels is a value chain hotel in Cebu that focuses on great locations while offering low prices. Islands Stay Hotels in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan, is strategically located at the airport road intersection and is a two-minute drive away from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. Islands Stay Hotels also has a branch in uptown Cebu, strategically located in Cebu's central business district, across Ayala Center Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Islands Stay Hotels Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Islands Stay Hotels Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island