“Stay only if you have to-aka early departure or late arrival”

Islands Stay Hotels Mactan
Ranked #41 of 58 Lapu Lapu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a not a good hotel. In fact, it's quite poor. Its only redeeming value is that it's extremely close to the airport-5 minutes by cab.

Upon arrival, I noticed a huge dog turd right in front of the main door that no one had bothered to clean up until the next morning.

The staff was friendly enough and check in was completed quickly.

The room itself was quite large, but lots of mold everywhere. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a big bug that scurried away under one of the beds. One of the walls had a huge scratch and insect remains still stuck to it. The air conditioner was effective, yet extremely loud and it emitted a strange odor.

I reserved a large room which was supposed to include a kitchen. The kitchen consisted of a sink...that had not been cleaned in quite some time.

The bathroom was decent sized, but there was mold everywhere. The shower water pressure was limited at best.

To top things off, at 430am, I was treated to a rooster making its presence known for the next 45 minutes. Also, you can hear motorbikes from the street.

Overall, the hotel's pictures make it seem like a great place to stay...which I'm sure was the case when it first opened, however the lack of maintenance is readily apparent.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 6, Still close enough to hear every sound from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Not a hotel lools like bording house if u want a nice and comfortable stay dont stay at this hotel....my experienced so terrible so stressful so i decided to cancel my booking i went to other other hotel so so stressful to transfer with a lot of baggage and toddler

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank tagacebuko
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Place to be when you want to stay close to the airport.
Otherwise, this is not the hotel I would like to stay in.
I'm not the kind of customer who demands 5-star treatment, but I found their service was not as good compared to other hotels I've stayed in . We had to make 2 follow-up calls just to have the additonal towel and toiletries we need.
The staff were Ok but needs improvement in customer service such that it will be at par with other hotels in their category.
In our room, the beds were like see saws. The beds tilt when 2 people sit on 1 side of the bed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank delehctir
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Imagine sleeping at night then a cockroach lands on your pillow. That's what happened to me last night I stayed here. I hunted the creeper down, smashed it, and left it on the floor for the hotel management to see (if they care).

I stayed in this hotel few years back when it was still fresh. It was so nice. Now you you can see how even a well-planned hotel degrades with poor maintenance.

Also, they charge me P1600. I found out that they actually have a promo at P1350 for walkin guests.

The only good thing about it now is its proximity to a mall and the airport.

Room Tip: Dont take room 6! Ask for promo rates! Or better, avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank greenmangojuice
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I don't think they deserved to be called "hotel" in the first place. They don't even give the basics. Their small travel kit includes sachet shampoo, soap and cotton buds. You have to bring therefore your toothpaste and toothbrush. They don't have complimentary slippers and rags. You heard it right, RAGS! So from the bathroom after taking a shower, your flooring will always be wet. Imagine, no slippers and rags! And so, there are no complimentary water (which is basic in hotels) and even instant coffee. The room was somehow claustrophobic in nature as it was so small, even the hallway. Equipment/tools are not maintained well and looks like it will tear down anytime, so be careful in handling them. REmote control of the aircon, not functioning. If you're small (like me, 5'2) you can hardly reach their aircon.

PROS:
STAFF- Their staff is quick to respond with your needs. We ask for hangers, towels (these are not present when we entered our room), chair (yes, their rooms do not have chair). THe BEST THING. THey allowed our baggage (not us) to check in early (around 9AM instead of 2PM) and check out late (7PM instead of 12PM). At least, we can travel with light bags.

LOCATION- near the airport. Near Marina Mall (Savemore, chowking, starbucks, mang inasal, etc.). Near 24 hour Korean store. Lobby has a ZUbuchon branch.

CONS:
MALFUNCTIONING GENERATOR- during our trip, there's a power interruption from 8AM-4PM on our first day. Good thing we're out of the hotel. The staff told us right away. But hey! These are just basics. A hotel must have a functioning generator. UNless they would reimburse waht we paid for.

BED and PILLOWS- we reserved medium room.That is good for 2, 2 small people. If you were chubby or big, then you will have a hard time. Pillows are really flat. 2 inches only. What i did was to fold it.

NO CABINETS- Imagine you cannot even arrange your things! I always have a hard time finding something just because they dont have even small cabinet. They have small table where the phone is. THats it.

MISSING EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/BASIC- No refrigerator, hotpot, hotwater, cups, spoon, rags, lamp, table to write on, chair, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush, slippers, mirror aside from the one in the bathroom. You have to go there to put on your makeup.

THere are more affordable hotels in Cebu city, less than 1 thou. Better to go there to avoid getting irritated. But if youre out of the hotel most of the time, this may work for you. Just keep in mind that their generator is malfunctioning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hostel is the most worst hostel in Cebu. I booked for 2 days. I was not able to get a decent sleep because you could hear the noise of public vehicles from the main highway. Free WIFI? it's so slowwww and hard to connect. You have to go down to the lobby to get a better connection. The service is so lame! So don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank budget_traveler2013
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked 3 rooms... 2 large and one extra large. The difference is that the XL was supposed to have a kitchenette. To my surprise, the "kitchenette" was just a sink (see picture). The room was ok. They give you towel, soap, cotton buds and shampoo as your toiletry kit. But we ran out of water. The next day, electricity was cut off at 9am. I asked them and they said electricity would return at 4pm. I guess it was bad timing for us. I asked for a late checkout which they gave. They also gave me free drinking water.

I love their lobby restaurant though "Zubuchon".

the location is great too. you have save more (big grocery) on the left side just across the street, several restuarants including chow king and on the right you have the infamous AA barbecue.

Do not take their P150 airport service. Just hail a cab and pay only P61.

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby is best because you have wifi. During my stay the Wifi router at the end didn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business