“Great B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lapu Lapu
Green Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 58 Lapu Lapu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Very good B&B on Mactan Island. Stayed at Green Gate four nights last january. Grant and Violet supply great service and information about the Cebu area. Diner cooked by Violet and her crew is also very tasty. Great stay! Thanks guys.

Mike & Maaike from Holland

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Coming from Siquijor and Bohol, me and my family did a 2 day stopover in Cebu before flying to Manila. Green Gate was beyond our expectations. A little bit hard to find after dark as there is no flashing neon sign and the green gate itself is quite anonymous. Even in the daytime, some taxi drivers had to ask the locals about the location.
Entering the Green Gate B&B was a pleasant surprise. A manor like house, very well kept and filled with art and antiques. Rooms are spacious and clean with a huge terrace.
Grant, Violet and the others are wonderful people that makes you feel welcome and give great service. We arived quite late but even though Violet cooked a wonderful dinner for us. Very tasty! I'm sorry we didn't stay longer just to taste more of her excellent coocking! Breakfast was great too. We also liked the self-served mini-fridge just outside the bedrooms filled with mineralwater and beer. Green Gate is recommended for anyone wanting top personal service and atmosphere for a very reasonable price. Being close to the airport is also a plus.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The Greengate was a perfect spot for my family to stay on Mactan. We stayed for almost a week in the lead up to my wedding and it suited our requirements very well.
- The staff are very helpful, always going out of their to offer friendly service or advice.
- The property is comfortable and quiet - it felt like a home away from home and was the perfect base for us to relax together.
- The food was great - real coffee with breakfast was a particular highlight.
- The location is surprising - on a rather beaten up old road (taxi drivers don't always know how to find it). However, I found the area interesting and thought it gave us a more authentic Cebu experience than staying at a resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I spent 4 nights in Green Gate after Christmas with my husband and two children and we found it a very pleasant experience. Grant, Violet, Catherine and the others were very friendly and helpful and the food was very good. We were in the area for a wedding and we booked the Green Gate as part of a larger family group which worked very well. While I wouldn't necessarily recommend spending a lot of time in Mactan, if you have a reason to be in the area and want a welcoming, comfortable place to stay with a much lower price and more character than one of the big resort hotels, I would definitely recommend the Green Gate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have stayed at several places in Mactan on my stopovers from Hong Kong and I can say that Green Gate is my fav. A Manor House in the middle of a non descriptive bumpy street it boasts a well manicured botanical garden (there are so many plants) and complete with bridge overlooking a Japanese fishpond.

The rooms open to an expansive terrace, with enough room for a McDonald family gathering!!!! You have a cute forged iron table & chairs but I missed for a couple loungers there. When the rooms are not rented the patio doors are locked shut so ask the staff to unlock them to enjoy the terrace.

The Pool room has a pole bed with the thickest mattress I’ve seen in Phil, it makes you feel like King Arthur in Camelot. The enclosed full bathroom is a bit dated but squeaky clean and it even has a bathtub. There is a well stocked mini-fridge just outside your door and tons of filtered cold water in the kitchen downstairs. A complete American or Continental breakfast is included so you are certain to leave early in the morning ready for anything.

Down from the terrace there is a pool that is seldom used so you feel like it is your own and is a great place to relax catching a few rays or to finish your paperback.

The hosts Grant & Violet are always handy to help with sightseeing, shopping tips or to arrange transport and the staff is very attentive to your needs frequently asking if there is anything they can get for you, this is 5 star service for very reasonable pension rates.

You will never feel cramped at Green Gate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank divelolo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

* Bedrooms - The room accomodations at Pool View & Garden View are big and comfortable. The two inner rooms have much less space to move around. The A/C is in good working condition, although some outside pollution is being pulled in instead of purely recirculating. One funny thing (or scary, depending on your POV) was I noticed a deadbolt located on the outside of the Garden View door!

* Bathrooms - Seems like in a 2-star hotel, nothing fancy. Not sure why flushing of toilet paper is not allowed, contrary to my habits. Big minus is I find it unnerving that the two inner bedrooms share the same bathroom, especially if another guest occupies the other room. Also, the ceiling inside the toilet room needs to be fixed and fully covered. (don't want something dropping out from there!)

* Dining - For breakfast, you have two choices of meals: American (Toasts, Fried Eggs, Bacon, Coffee) or Filipino (Red rice, Fried Eggs, Pork cutlets or Sausages, Juice). Both are good. For lunch & dinner, an ala carte menu is available, although with prices slightly higher than if you dined outside.

* Amenities - The pool water is set at cold only. At daytime it is nice and enjoyable; at night, it seriously needs more lighting or else it looks scary. I didn't see any fitness center around.

* Service - Most of the ladies there are friendly and attentive. Internet is free, but sometimes unreliable ... not their fault, but just saying. The laundry service, I didn't know it would take about 3 days to complete, which was totally unacceptable as my vacation wardrobe is very limited!

* Surroundings - Not much to look at as it's typical of a rural setting. Going to beaches, malls, or POIs requires outside transportation -- shuttle service is not offered.

Room Tip: If you can, reserve both Standard rooms if uncomfortable sharing the same bathroom with another gues...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SnOwMeW
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Yesterday the wife and i were on Mactan Island and decided to stop at Green Gate for lunch. For the first time, we decided to try a new addition to their menu, a persian chicken dish that Violet cooked up for us. It was absolutely delicious. Violet served it to us with red rice and we couldn't get enough, I'll definely go back for more of this and maybe try to make some myself, since after begging, Violet kindly shared the recipe with me. Met a very nice couple from Holland that was staying there also. They both had chicken kabobs with red rice and and raved about it. Of course, Grant and Violet were as usual great hosts. Green Gate is a wonderfull place to not only stay, but if you are in the area, it is about the best food you'll get anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business