“Weekend baby!”

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Korea
“Weekend baby!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice for the price! location was one of the key! close to the airport! service was really great! Rooms need some upgrade! need WI-FI in every rooms! Need a safe in the room! The beach was a little bit dirty!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
London UK...
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here two nights at this resort my room was spacious and clean
the resort is located in an area with hardly any restaurants, bars or very
little else as the area is being rejuvenated from what was obviously a very
run down..
The main feature of the hotel are the swimming pools, there is NO beach
I did not use the big pool as it was very crowded so used the roof terrace pool
clearly the up keep of the pools needs a lot more attention as I saw broken tiles
in both pools which could easy cause serious cuts and infection.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but I felt that if the owners of this resort put more
attention to staff training this place could be so much better rather than just taking
the customers cash ..
I was walking out the main gate of the resort to go to the local shop when I was approached
by one of the locals who asked me if I wanted a tour guide, I said I did not require a guide but thanked him for his offer. What really annoyed me though was the fact that the hotel security guards did not intervene but instead carried on with their conversation and ignored this guy who approached another hotel guest asking the same question ..
I would NOT stay at this resort again due to the fact that it was over priced and that the SECURITY Guards did not do what they are supposed to do .

Room Tip: If you stay at this place chose a ocean view room other wise you will end up looking at an ugly vie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank peacfullone
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The place itself is clean, the staff helpful and the rooms clean and spacious. But the biggest problem is the neighborhood it is located in. There are virtually no restaurants, bars, or anything else to do nearby. I did not feel safe outside on the street; there are lots of shady characters on the main "road" who come up to you(if you even want to classify it as a "road" since it is not a paved street.) The restaurant within the hotel is also very bad. The food was barely eatable, and I am not a picky eater. The hotel is by a beach, but there is no where to sit- its just a dock for boats. The hotel has a pool which is really the only outdoor place to sit and activity to do. If you need wi-fi, forget about it. The wi-fi is terrible and this was a total inconvenience for me because I needed to do work. The hotel also charges you for wi-fi within your room 150PHP a day despite what booking websites, like hotels.com, will tell you. The wi-fi in the lobby is free, but can be very hit or miss. It mostly did not work. Another issue I had were birds entering my air conditioning unit at 6am and waking me up. There wasn't much I could do about this.Thankfully I only had to stay at this property for two nights.

I think the price I paid of $80 a night was very overpriced and a terrible value. I would not recommend this hotel to others, and will not be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank 148abel

Travellers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The resort consist of two building that are privately owned condos and the hotel. The property was on ocean front property which was nice. I spent a few weeks in one of the privately owned condos. The condo was not well maintained. The condo was on the fifth floor and had a balcony with an ocean view. The balcony and the view were the nicest part of the condo. The condo had a kitchen but nothing in it really worked. There was a stove but no gas for the stove.

The hotel seemed very nice but I never went into any of the rooms. The hotel had a couple of restaurants. After looking over the menus I was not impressed. The prices seemed high so I never ate there. There were two pools on the property and I spent a lot of time in them. Because I was staying at one of the privately owned condos I was charged for my daily swims but it was only a couple of dollars and well worth it in my opinion. Because the resort was on ocean front property there were plenty of boats available for whatever you were interested in, island hoping, scuba diving, para sailing...

There was a nice grocery store about a block away which comes in handy if you are in a condo. There was an issue for me when walking off the resort property. It was the poverty. It was worse than poverty, it was a slum. My view of the Philippines is that it was one giant slum, very sad, very depressing. Chiang Mai Thailand, a city I lived in for three months prior to visiting the Philippines, looked a whole lot nicer when compared to the Philippines.

There were two shopping malls on Mactan Island and they seemed typical with respect to the island. The frames of my glasses broke while I was there and I was able to get them replaced at the mall for $35.

There are a few different options for getting around town. You could get a taxi (most expensive). You could jump in a jeepney and get across the island for 50 cents (my recommendation) or you could hop in one of the peddle carts and have someone peddle you down the street for 25 cents. The peddle carts are only an option if you are going less than a mile.

Most of the locals speak English in the Philippines which make navigating through the place less of a burden. Knowing English doesn't stop the locals from trying to rip off the tourist at every conceivable turn so Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware). Please let the buyer beware.

Room Tip: Because the condos are privately owned it's hit or miss for getting a well maintained condo. I w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Chip K
Norway
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Good location - if you want to go to other beach hotels there are lots around nearby ie Plantation Bay, White Sand, Imperial to name a few.
Quiet place, nice pool area, but the salt sea is just outside your window, OK restaurant but very few people.
Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at EGI hotel in May 2013 while attending a convention nearby. The reception was ok, though not exactly warm. WIFI was on separate charge, but is free at the breakfast area.

The room was old, although they kept it neat and clean. Upon check-in, I found the window unable to be closed, and this was addressed quickly with the help of the staff.

The best part of the hotel was the swimming pool which faces the sea. It will be a good location for chat and catch-up with friends.

However, the hotel somehow enable outsiders to call hotel room directly without going through reception. This is a security loophole. My friend and I received calls early morning from outsider posing as hotel receptionist - possibly scammers.

My recommendation is that this hotel is not worth staying in. Choose better ones around.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DavidKow360
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I always carry basics before checking into any hotel, motel or resort. Water,tissue paper and some snacks. This proved handy at EGI as the resort is in flux. The check in was ok but not real welcoming. Entering the room was fine as the area was clean and tidy with a nice view. The furniture was dated with a couch that was in need of springs. Not antique or moldy just kind of a retro look. The bath area was similarly clean but in need of a new look. The dining department is dismal. Dinner was a very limited menu. I believe the lack of guests at the hotel cuts the cooks budget. The dining room staff was friendly and did the best with what they had to work with. The comp breakfast was good. Throughout the grounds employees were friendly and did a good job of upkeep. It appears EGI is going through some positive changes which are very much needed. I wish them luck. Just do your research before reserving this resort. Be prepared. The pool and beach areas are good for families.

Room Tip: Call ahead to verify what is working and what menu items are available.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
#18 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort

Been to EGI Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!