I visited for a weekend respite while on business in Manila. I'm definitely a fan of the Shangri La in the first place. I viewed this property on the web site and it really was all I hoped for. The location is absolutely beautiful and offers a variety of activities. I went to relax and enjoy the beach. The location is incredibly easy to get to, about 15 minutes from the airport.
The staff is typically Shang wonderful. They really went out of their way to visit with me and make me comfortable. I was wisked right from the door to in-room check in. The room was not as nice as I expected for the rate however I didn't go to stay in the room. It was impeccably clean. The bed and linens are extremely comfortable and I always sleep well at a Shangri La. The room is stocked with upscale amenities also. The view was incredible since I was on the 9th floor facing the pool and beach.
I ate at three restaurants within the resort. The Tides buffet is well stocked with a variety of choices. There is definitely something for everyone there. The pool side restaurant had wonderful gourmet choices as well as the standard burgers and pizza. The Cowrie Cove restaurant on the waterfront is exceptional. The location is very beautiful and very romantic. The seafood was fresh and grilled to perfection. They also have a bar and a nice wine selection.
The beach is small but beautiful. There is a good variety of sports equipment available for water sports. The snorkeling was great!
The entertainment in the lobby lounge was very good.
The wifi was a disappointment. The available areas were limited and the strength of the signal was not adequate to over come another signal that constantly interfered. It was only a small irritation.
I enjoyed this property so much I'm returning in 2 weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island