Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$59
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$84
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$19
US$22
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$56
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$30
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Alfheim Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$91
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$166
US$206
  • Pool
3,940 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarychinese restaurantmini golftropical fishfish feedingprivate beachbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachhong kong
Reviewed 18 October 2007

Excellent resort! My wife and I stayed at the Shangri-la for 3 nights and we rented 4 rooms for her family to stay with us two nights. It was expensive but worth the cost. The free buffet breakfast is the best. It is a great place for kids as we had a bunch with us. The staff is very friendly. Everyone seemed to know it was my birthday. There are definitely cheaper places to stay but you get what you paid for. We had a fantastic time even with the main pool being down for maintenance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Shangri-la looks like at Boracay when it opens in a couple years. I would definitely go back to this resort again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank phileaglesfan
Reviewed 13 October 2007

When you think of the Philippines what comes to mind? For me the idea of travelling to the Philippines wasn't high on my list. I ended up going there for business starting in 2005 and I can say that I've somewhat changed my tune, especially when it comes to Cebu and the amazing resorts there.

Cebu City is a developing metropolis. Most of the city is still a relfection of the poverty facing the country as a whole. But Cebu seems to rise above to show change and character. In Cebu City you will find business is growing and technology is becoming a driving force in that growth. There are IT business parks where call centers staff young energetic college graduates 24hrs a day. There are sidewalk cafes and coffee shops in the business parks and the malls are swarming with people too. Overall the people are tremendously friendly and they speak English, so there is no language barrier that you may find elsewhere in Asia. You still have to be street smart in Cebu and carefully choose the areas you visit. But all in all, if you are a seasoned traveller you'll know what to do and what not to do to keep yourself safe. If you aren't a savvy traveller, I'd suggest sticking to the resorts or group activities or going to the malls. But once you see the resorts you may never want to leave.....

These are the true gems of Cebu. The resorts that you find on Mactan Island. As you drive across the bridge from Cebu City onto the island you can see that the flavor changes from metropolis to town to beautiful resorts. As you enter the island, the streets are still lined with shanty buildings supporting fruit stands, lunch stops and even sundries needed by the people. As you make your way across the island you pass the spot where Lapu Lapu killed Magellen as he tried to come ashore. You continue down the winding road and find youself at the entrance to the resorts. Most recently I stayed at the Shangri-La resort on Mactan Island. The photos and remainder of this review pertain to this hotel.

When you enter the Shangri La you are delighted with an open air hotel that the breeze flows through out to the ocean. The staff immediatly greets you and takes your luggage so you don't have to drag it around. The counter staff was very pleasant, English speaking and helpful. Quickly I passed from the counter to a bellman who escorted me down the long open air hallways to the "ocean" wing. When I entered my room an extremely comfortable king size bed awaited me, a clean and nicely decorated bathroom and even a small sitting area with a sofa that was perched infront of the sliding glass doors and a small balcony. I arrived at night and when I looked out my windows I could only see the shining lights of the Hilton resort a couple miles away.

The next moring when I awoke and I opened the curtains, I was surprised. Amazing blues ranging from light to dark highlighted the ocean view as far as my eye could see. I made a small pot of coffee in my room and sat out on the balcony taking in the smells and the scenery.

The rest of my weekend was just as relaxing. I spent time on the private beach with pristine white sands soaking up the sunshine. I splashed in the clear waters of the pools, enjoyed a few drinks at the beachside cabana, had delicious food at the breakfast buffet and hotel restaurants. I even took a few hours out to get a massage at the CHI Spa located right there in the resort. Let me tell you, after a week of working in Cebu City, this was one great weekend. I would reccomend the Shangri La Mactan island to anyone. And at $199/night including breakfast, I think it was an absolute steal. So expand your horizons and think about Cebu next time you want an adventure mixed with absolute luxery and pampering.

1  Thank Austin78745
Reviewed 12 October 2007

Shangri-La Mactan is a nice resort if you want to splurge and treat yourself and your family. The Chi Spa is probably a bit overrated; althought no doubt they have been trained, many of the therapists appear to be new and inexperienced. There is also way too much "ceremony" (i.e., foot washing and use of scents), which results in less emphases on the actual massage session.

There are worthwhile outdoor activities available; restaurants to try; entertainment at the lounge to enjoy; a modern gym with sauna; a well-manicured landscape and maintained facilities; several gift shops; an outdoor game room; and a reliable and solid staff.

One benefit of Shangri-La is that it is not too far from Cebu City, so if you're raring to spend a day or two out of the city, Shangri-La is conveniently located only a relatively short distance away.

Overall, a worthwhile get-away close to Cebu City.

GeoVan

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Geovan
Reviewed 7 October 2007

third time here. my first time was my eldest sons bday and now it was
my youngest daughters bday. They even gave a cake with candle. The only problem i had was the package I booked.I booked on phone and the
reservation told me that my package is a value vacation which includes 2 dinner. But when I checked out the bill on tides was there. And they told me that it was not the package that was booked. Given there was a mistake in the reservation, I booked for another room upon checking in and I even asked the front desk if she gave me the same package the value vacation and she even said yes. I suggest that the fornt desk personnel should know the package that the guest booked so that there will be no conflict upon checking out. Other than that everything is nice in this place especiallly for kids!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank kaicon
Reviewed 24 August 2007

Third time here and enjoyed it once again. My only comment is that the original pool should get an overhaul. The new pool was great.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Gary2007
TWrightCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2007

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa.

I have noted your comment on our main pool. Please be advised that our main pool maintenance which includes re-tiling started on Aug. 18 and will be finished on Sept. 15, 2007.

Your feedback is much appreciated and I would like to assure you that we shall continue to look at opportunities that would further enhance our product and services.

Yours sincerely,