I had a great experience at Shangri-la Mactan. The facilities and aminities were great, and they have lots of activities for children. They had this playground for big kids with giant slides and etc. They also have this playroom for smaller children (free of charge, which is great). They had 2 pools, one was the infinity pool (small, but okay), and other one was larger and more kid friendly where you can play basketball, volleyball and etc in the pool. The rooms were spacious and clean. We stayed at the Ocean Wing, and the room was nice. We went to the Garden Wing to see a friend, and we felt that the room needs refurbishment.
There are a lot of restaurants to choose from. I think there were at least 5. I was also surprised to see Rustans inside the hotel. There was also a small TimeZone. Customer Service was great. The beach was bigger than what I expected. Sand was not powdery but not painful to walk on. The water was quite clean, but fish and corals were very few. Nothing much to see under water.
My only complaint with Shangri-La Mactan is that the food was quite expensive for its quality. Buffet during breakfast was okay, but if you're used to the buffets in Shangri-la Makati and Edsa, you would feel that food selection was somewhat limited.
But overall, we both enjoyed our stay there. And we would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island