Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
US$86
US$62
US$250
  • Pool
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$49
US$345
US$306
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$48
Agoda.com
Chambre Hotel Mactan(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$30
  • Pool
3,879 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarymini golfchinese restaurantprivate beachtropical fishfish feedingbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachplay area
Reviewed 20 November 2007

This resort requires that you pay the charges in full at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival. To do this you must fax a signed agreement as well as the front and back of the credit card that will be used. My rates were quoted in USD. There was nowhere on the agreement that stated that this rate would be converted into Philippine Peso, then charged to your credit card. Not only did they not forewarn you of this, but they also converted at an exchange rate that was almost 1% in their favor. So for example, if the current rate was 1 USD to 43 Peso, they converted it at 1USD to 46 Peso. This is one way to squeeze more money out of the paying guest. I found the whole reservation process and subsequent exchange rate issues to be frustrating and time consuming. Our stay was pleasant, but certainly not worth the frustration of dealing with the hotel directly.

Stayed: July 2007
6  Thank TokyoAvatar
Reviewed 19 November 2007

Shangri-la resort cebu is one of a few resorts in Cebu I do loved, I don't even mind spending so much money to stay in any resorts as long as they treat there guest with respect, cater to there needs and most importantly back up there reputation by giving the guest the best possible attention.

I have stayed in this resort twice 2006 and 2007, the first time I had stayed there I was mesmerised by there service and specially the resort. It was similar to our Shangrila in Cairns and Sydney Australia, but with better service. So I decided to take my 2 kids and partner as well as our 3 Australian friends to Cebu for my 30th b-day. But from the moment we checked in till we checked out we had nothing nice to say about this place. They had managed to ruin there reputation from our point of view. Everything we ask or tried to get any hiccups done was not taken care of in the outmost proffesional way!

These were the problems;
Check in was crap, our visa debit card was rejected due to them not accepting it as apparently they only take actual credit card with no debit link onto it..

Our 20,000 peso deposit was not enough to hold 1 standard room, and 3 ocean clubrooms. So I gave them 100,000 peso cash.

Family and friends was insulted by staff member saying that I had to pay for whatever they had consumed in ocean clubroom as they were not staying customers. At this stage children were allowed.

Due to staff messed up, we didn't celebrate my 30th like we had planned!

The rest of my family and friends checked out, and was very appalled by the service and the mis handling of everything.

Day manager of ocean club rudely told me to quickly check out so room cleaner can proceed from cleaning the room for next paying customer. Mind you we were staying for another night.

So we moved from room 8002 to 8019, it was good view but not as great as the other room.

My 2 children was not allowed with my partner to join him in the ocean lounge for the cocktail hour, while they never told us about it the day we check in, apparently management changed ruling that day. We did not avail half of our complimentary stuff, we lost interest.

That's when I made my formal complain through the general manager, nothing came out of the complains. But the Shangri-la room director did spoke to me on the phone and said " I am very sorry for all the inconvenience that occured during your stay and the matter should have been handled properly, the next time you stay with us I will make sure you will be looked after" Fat chance lady, the least she could have done is see me in person instead of talking to me via phone! Where is the proffesionalism in that?!

For me the matter was not resolved properly and it was a very disatisfying outcome specially from a 5 star resort!

The part I found it funny was the family I had there was 2 lawyers, 1 engineer, 1achitect, 1 counsellor and 1 travel agent. I was not sorounded by un educated people and they had be little us in so many ways. We did file a formal complain but like I said nothing was done about it...

I did warn them, that without your international customers they wouldn't be standing and also a word by mouth goes along way rather than a advertisement itself.

Further more, the 1 month we stayed in cebu these hotels and resort are worth the money and the star rating they hold.!

Plantation bay penthouse is 1 of there best room. This is the best 1 of them all for us.
Marriott executive rooms are the best. good service at pool bar
Waterfront deluxe is good too very nice.
White sands is also good (not so nice food)
Bantayan Island marlins resort good views (standard room)
Bohol divers resort beautiful (but crap showers!)

As for shangri-la we payed 75,000 peso, and everything about it was not worth it! If you want proper service and money's worth head for plantation bay! look for Marchie Cuizon....

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
10  Thank Shuty
Reviewed 5 November 2007

My family of four stayed at the hotel from oct. 31 to nov. 3,2007. It was easy to book through the hotel website and the kids adventure package was reasonable, considering that the price includes the room, buffet breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 4 and 5), unlimited full day access to the adventure zone and even free lunch for the two kids at the adventure zone! Check-in was a breeze and we were given a room that was spacious with a view that was exceptional. the beach was clean and my kids had so much fun at the swimming pools! there ware slides,water games, nets for volleyball and a basketball hoop. the service was wonderful and whenever we meet a hotel employee, they were all smiles and very polite. The breakfast buffet was sumptious and plenty. though there was always a long line at the entrance during breakfast, the turn-over was fast! My kids loved the adventure zone and was never bored. i love our room, the hotel, the food and would have tried the chi spa but didnt have enough time. would surely recommend this hotel resort to friends and family. my kids are already asking when we're going back! =)

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank a_gypsy_at_heart
Reviewed 4 November 2007

I had a great experience at Shangri-la Mactan. The facilities and aminities were great, and they have lots of activities for children. They had this playground for big kids with giant slides and etc. They also have this playroom for smaller children (free of charge, which is great). They had 2 pools, one was the infinity pool (small, but okay), and other one was larger and more kid friendly where you can play basketball, volleyball and etc in the pool. The rooms were spacious and clean. We stayed at the Ocean Wing, and the room was nice. We went to the Garden Wing to see a friend, and we felt that the room needs refurbishment.

There are a lot of restaurants to choose from. I think there were at least 5. I was also surprised to see Rustans inside the hotel. There was also a small TimeZone. Customer Service was great. The beach was bigger than what I expected. Sand was not powdery but not painful to walk on. The water was quite clean, but fish and corals were very few. Nothing much to see under water.

My only complaint with Shangri-La Mactan is that the food was quite expensive for its quality. Buffet during breakfast was okay, but if you're used to the buffets in Shangri-la Makati and Edsa, you would feel that food selection was somewhat limited.

But overall, we both enjoyed our stay there. And we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank greenrich
Reviewed 22 October 2007

My husband and I just returned from 4 nights at the Mactan Shangri-La (after 1 night at the Manila Shangri-La). The Mactan property is secluded (not really within walking distance of anything), but that's
okay, because everything you need is right there on the property (although most of the extra curricular events were pricey, even by U.S. large-city standards). For example, 2 scuba dives plus rental equipment in the U.S. is approx. $100; Two scuba dives plus rental equipment at the Mactan Shangri-La is $125. (Seems wrong, given how strong the dollar is to the peso.)

The meals were about the same price as mid-to-high range meals in Chicago - - - which can be a shock to tourists traveling to the Philippines, since prices outside of the Shangri-La - in Cebu and most of the Philippines - are so much less expensive. But consider why you're staying at the Shangri-La. If you're wanting solid upper class accommodations without surprises, and with food and entertainment that you're accustomed to as a world-traveler, then the Shangri-La is for you, but be prepared to pay extra for that luxury. That said, the food at all the restaurants was wonderful. Some of the best food I've eaten in the Philippines.

The hotel property is flawless, and the services is flawless. Being a
person who frequents spas at least 2-4 times a month, I found the Chi
spa to be the best spa I've ever been to (and that's saying a lot!).

We stayed in the main building, vs. the ocean wing. It appears the ocean wing is newer, but we found our suite to be wonderful - no complaints at all (and a little closer to the center of everything).

The hotel has an extensive wine shop, one of Asia's Top 10 Spas (per Conde Nast & other travel magazine rankings), small satellite department store (Rustans), a 24-hour infirmary that can provide medical treatments & prescription meds, and many other amenities - a complete vacation city, no need to ever leave!

If you're a scuba diver, try Boyla Dive Center on Mactan. (032) 4921823 or [----]. Request Mokiey or Arnold as your dive master, and
boat #7 captained by Pajac. They completely took care of us - we never lifted a finger in or out of the water! (And it was less than half the cost of Shangri-La.)

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple