Perfect weekend getaway from Hong Kong. The resort caters to your every need and our need was to get away from the cold Hong Kong winter during Chinese New Year (yes, I've taken quite some time to write this review!!).
The prices are hiked very high during this time, but it was so worth it. The resort is only 10 minutes away from the airport. We got in at 5am and without being an elite member, they let us check into our room...they really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable during this extremely busy time!
I am really loving the Shang's in Asia...they know how to treat their customers right and of course the Free WiFi throughout the resort is a major bonus in my book!
The breakfast area was always riddled with screaming children and a complete disaster, a tip would be to eat outside without the aircon. Most parents with kids sit inside...so if you want some peace while you eat and drink your coffee, I would suggest this.
This place really caters to families, with so many activities for the kids and even a game room! My husband and I tried our game at airhockey and pool...had some good times!
The resort has it's own Under water Marine Park, which is just fabulous. A diving platform for you to swim to and rest on. A sunken ship lies deep below for those of you diving. We saw a sea snake as well as a giant jellyfish the size of a beachball, they were both so beautiful!
The resort is so huge you really don't ever have to leave!
We did have to go stake our claim every morning for beach chairs at 7am, that's the only hassle...but otherwise, everything is perfect. The food, the service, the staff, the grounds...everything is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island