We stayed here for 5 nights over the Chinese New Year period, with kids aged 8 and 10. We loved it and had a fantastic time! It was peak seaon and was very busy, but this did not impact the friendly and helpful service from the staff; they always tried to help even on the beach to find seats. Facilities for kids are fantastic, from snorkelling off the beach to pools to indoor playground. Awesome. We took the holiday package which gave us unlimited non-motorised watersports and buffet dinner each night at Tides restaurant for less than SGD100 additional per night. Great value and love the water sports.
Couple of tips for travellers:
- rooms are very clean and all amenities you would expect, but they are dated. Apparently they are all being refurbished from April so that should improve (it didn't distract from the holiday, but just letting you know).
- the expeditions from Scotty's Tours are very EXPENSIVE! We have been to Cebu before so I found a tour guide at the Korean restuarant outside the hotel gate. We hired our own boat for the day at about 30% of the cost for us all to book a trip with Scottys, and were collected and dropped back at the hotel lobby. Yes, you have a short trip to the local wharf, a "strange" transfer from the wharf to your boat and you have to pay your own entrance fees, tips and lunches to the islands, but we saved about SGD400 doing it this way.
Overall fantastic and we are planning a return trip next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island