The moment you set foot on the resort lobby, you'll know Shangri-la is indeed the best choice.
The sprawling resort grounds, the choice of pool, and the pristine beach front are a true treat.
I suggest you explore and you will find an abundance of activities from mini golf to boxing to pingpong. Or a stroll would be a relaxing activity in itself.
There is also a church which holds anticipated masses.
We've tried all the restaurants except the Tea of Spring. I've enjoyed Acqua the most. I was told that Tides had more selection for buffet breakfast but I found it a tad chaotic. I preferred Acqua for the view and it was less crowded. Also ask your server for any buffet offerings. Acqua had a buffet selection at a good price! They served mostly Italian cuisine. Cowrie Cove,on the other hand, served seafood and had a beautiful view of the ocean and waves. Best to catch drinks at Waves Bar beside it. ( Didn't get to try the Buco Bar though).
The resort also offers shuttle services if you wish to visit the malls.
Our stay was wonderful and I was happy to spend my birthday there. The only setback was the stained sheets we got. We also encountered a restaurant server who wasn't quite familiar with the menu. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the jetski and fish feeding, snorkeling and all the sunshine!
I suggest you ask about Golden Circle membership as well if you plan to frequent Shangri-la and its affiliated hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Prestigia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island