Love the hotel, exceeded all our expectations. The room is nice and of a good size. There were 4 of us, my husband, my 2 children and I and we were managed to share the good sized king bed. Bathroom was big and full of amenities.
The pools were awesome, but what impressed me most was the snorkelling! The snorkelling was easy and safe! The fishes were plenty to satisfy me, the jaded scuba diver! I felt safe for my 10-year son as there were watchful lifeguards along the beach. I love how the resort provided life vests for everyone and the lifeguards reminded everyone to do them. The staff provided ice cold water without us asking. Great, great service. The beach swim was safe, slight current but otherwise very enjoyable swim.
I did 2 dives with Scotty's. Not great diving but good enough for me! Cost me 7000 pesos.
Buffet breakfast was lacklustre. You see the same items everyday!
We had our first 2 lunches at the bar, pizza is good, but rather steep. The following day, we took the taxi to downtown. Even though the taxi fare cost 250 Peso each way, it is still cheaper for us to have our meals at the mall then to have it at the resort.
Another sore point is the 150 Peso for the shuttle to downtown. Rather expensive!
Otherwise I will definitely go back again, for the snorkelling and the beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island