“Lovely hotel, good snorkelling”

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Love the hotel, exceeded all our expectations. The room is nice and of a good size. There were 4 of us, my husband, my 2 children and I and we were managed to share the good sized king bed. Bathroom was big and full of amenities.

The pools were awesome, but what impressed me most was the snorkelling! The snorkelling was easy and safe! The fishes were plenty to satisfy me, the jaded scuba diver! I felt safe for my 10-year son as there were watchful lifeguards along the beach. I love how the resort provided life vests for everyone and the lifeguards reminded everyone to do them. The staff provided ice cold water without us asking. Great, great service. The beach swim was safe, slight current but otherwise very enjoyable swim.

I did 2 dives with Scotty's. Not great diving but good enough for me! Cost me 7000 pesos.

Buffet breakfast was lacklustre. You see the same items everyday!

We had our first 2 lunches at the bar, pizza is good, but rather steep. The following day, we took the taxi to downtown. Even though the taxi fare cost 250 Peso each way, it is still cheaper for us to have our meals at the mall then to have it at the resort.

Another sore point is the 150 Peso for the shuttle to downtown. Rather expensive!

Otherwise I will definitely go back again, for the snorkelling and the beach!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I planned to stay in Shangrila Mactan since we've attended our college training and seminar in their property last 2009 and was never push through so I decided to convinced my family and after almost 5 years here we are splashing the serene and peaceful swimming pool of the resort, its quite huge property from beautiful to excellent facilities like spa, gym, jacuzzi, sauna, children play area which my nephew got addicted to go there most of our free time luckily its near to the gym so I can also engaged myself to do some workout chores, they have big swimming pools which my sister also love to dipped in, and my favorite restaurant which I can say its a combination of fulfillment of hunger for food and nature beauty the Cowrie Cove what great restaurant to relax and hopefully next time I can bring my better half on this piece of beauty part of Shangrila its very romantic I'm thinking if a guy propose to her woman on this spot the answer of YES will echo around this wonderful cove,the foods are sumptuous I love to have a red wine after dinner it soothes the place, and the rooms are very spacious good enough even for a big family, cool designs between old fashioned to modern touch with complete bathroom amenities though our room was a bit far from the facilities still dont have complaints since almost everybody in the resort are accommodating and sincere so thank you Shangrila for making our stay simply the best.See you again soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the lower floor for easy access to all facilities on the ground
1  Thank Jade D
Reviewed 14 June 2014

No doubt this is a good hotel and could be a great hotel but for a few things. Just returned after 2 weeks in a Club Room and then Veranda Suite - our third visit over the years.
Here's why I think it's only good and not great.
1. Dinner at Cowie Cove was a disaster - the staff had no idea what they were doing and we got a complimentary dinner out of it.
2. Was ill after an awful pizza in the Aqua restaurant.
3. How can a supposedly 5 star hotel allow guests to hang laundry over the balconies - awful sight.
4. Hotel and facilities showing it's age - looks like skimping on maintenance.
5. Too many locals taking advantage of cheap rates/vouchers and the hotel becomes overrun with screaming kids and families who have no concept of what a 5 star hotel should be.
6. Dress codes in the Club Lounge totally ignored. Either adhere to it or don't have it or amend it.

Generally service is absolutely brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble. Pity it's spoilt by management not sure what they want from the hotel.

Room Tip: Club Room 7003 is good location
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our first Shangri-La resort, but definitely won't be our last. Great hotel and great resort facilities. The staff was friendly and accommodating, we definitely stay here again without question. The price is a bit high but worth it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This resort is truly magnificent; location excellent, the beach was clean and one of a kind. Ocean View rooms are the best, they are more spacious and luxurious. Breakfast and dinner buffet were indescribable and beyond description. We were spoilt for choice in terms of pools! The Tides restaurant is quite crowded in the mornings however. Customer service was great; no hiccups or problems encountered.

Overall, if you want to enjoy in a reclusive location with the sun and beach, this resort is perfect for that purpose! Will come here again and again!

Room Tip: try to book a room that isn't in the main wing; the main wing is generally quite noisy and has w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

my family and i - loves Shangrila Mactan. whenever we have our weekend stay there we have an amazing time. i go with 2 seniors and a kid and my sis. we all have our own "happiness" experience. From the check in to the room to the facilities and most of all the " great buffet" .
staffs are friendly and accommodating.
well maintained facilities. lovely garden. lovely beach.

Room Tip: best room for a peaceful sleep is the oceanview room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Been to many beach resorts and hotels around the Philippines but Shangrila Mactan comes second to no one. The service is excellent. Whenever the room is unoccupied, you can even check in early and request for a late checkout. The room is spacious with an outside veranda either facing the sea or the garden. The staff too are very hospitable and offer their warm friendships. They promptly attend to my needs. They are very enthusiastic and are very pleasant to deal with. In terms of facilities, they are very perfect and excellent. The pool is well maintained and very clean not to mention the white sand beach which is perfectly landscaped to add to the panoramic view of the resort. At the outset,shang is my home away from home. That exactly is the reason why I always check in at shang almost every month.

Room Tip: Better choose deluxe sea view room. you will get a full view of the pool, the ocean and the garden.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island
Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
#3 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!