“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Pasig, Philippines
“Great stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in with this hotel to attend a wedding. Everything was great, room is spacious, location is excellent, the beach is nice. The restaurant where the buffet breakfast was being served (forgot the name) was small and crowded. I understand though that they have another restaurant for breakfast. They allowed us to check out late (1pm). Overall I was very satisfied. Will go back again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014

experience slowly what this resort hotel can offer. and you will get your moneys worth. when in mactan, nobody beats a shangrila experience. it may be expensive, but you have a luxurious fun filled stay. thank you shangrila

Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When you choose Shangri-La you are assured of the legendary service and amenities in which only Shangri-La can give. The saying "home away from home" might now be over used but this is the way I feel whenever my family stay in Shangri-La for a vacation. More than the facilities and amenities what I love most about Shangri-La are their staff who now become part of my family - how they make you feel being a part of THEIR family too! Kudos to management for keeping a dedicated and an efficient team!

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014

i booked the hotel accommodation to pamper myself a weekend getaway from the city. spent the day in the pool, the beach and in the gym. spent the nights in the bars of the hotel watching World Cup 2014. it was worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sherwin P
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 15 June 2014

That time (June 1) the place was so busy and full, we're kinda stressed, long lines and complaints amidst the hot and humid weather and thankful that after 7 hours, we got our room, haaaay.

The rooms we got were nice and cozy. The view on 8082- I think is parking lot, LOL, I love the shampoo and bath gel in lemongrass scent.

Beach...well-maintained, plenty of loungers, large--plenty of room for playing in the sand, taking walks, feeding fish, helpful staff- Rico the Lifeguard is awesome!, White powdery sand with turquoise water. Other resort amenity includes Big Pools, Gym and changing room (where I even worked) and where the best staff I met, Clark, Romel and Eric. Breakfast in Acqua's Awesome, nice staff too!

Overall I feel this is a top-notch resort to recommend to everyone, and I wouldn't hesitate to return with my own family in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Love the hotel, exceeded all our expectations. The room is nice and of a good size. There were 4 of us, my husband, my 2 children and I and we were managed to share the good sized king bed. Bathroom was big and full of amenities.

The pools were awesome, but what impressed me most was the snorkelling! The snorkelling was easy and safe! The fishes were plenty to satisfy me, the jaded scuba diver! I felt safe for my 10-year son as there were watchful lifeguards along the beach. I love how the resort provided life vests for everyone and the lifeguards reminded everyone to do them. The staff provided ice cold water without us asking. Great, great service. The beach swim was safe, slight current but otherwise very enjoyable swim.

I did 2 dives with Scotty's. Not great diving but good enough for me! Cost me 7000 pesos.

Buffet breakfast was lacklustre. You see the same items everyday!

We had our first 2 lunches at the bar, pizza is good, but rather steep. The following day, we took the taxi to downtown. Even though the taxi fare cost 250 Peso each way, it is still cheaper for us to have our meals at the mall then to have it at the resort.

Another sore point is the 150 Peso for the shuttle to downtown. Rather expensive!

Otherwise I will definitely go back again, for the snorkelling and the beach!

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I planned to stay in Shangrila Mactan since we've attended our college training and seminar in their property last 2009 and was never push through so I decided to convinced my family and after almost 5 years here we are splashing the serene and peaceful swimming pool of the resort, its quite huge property from beautiful to excellent facilities like spa, gym, jacuzzi, sauna, children play area which my nephew got addicted to go there most of our free time luckily its near to the gym so I can also engaged myself to do some workout chores, they have big swimming pools which my sister also love to dipped in, and my favorite restaurant which I can say its a combination of fulfillment of hunger for food and nature beauty the Cowrie Cove what great restaurant to relax and hopefully next time I can bring my better half on this piece of beauty part of Shangrila its very romantic I'm thinking if a guy propose to her woman on this spot the answer of YES will echo around this wonderful cove,the foods are sumptuous I love to have a red wine after dinner it soothes the place, and the rooms are very spacious good enough even for a big family, cool designs between old fashioned to modern touch with complete bathroom amenities though our room was a bit far from the facilities still dont have complaints since almost everybody in the resort are accommodating and sincere so thank you Shangrila for making our stay simply the best.See you again soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the lower floor for easy access to all facilities on the ground