Hubby and I went there from May 10-16 and had a wonderful time. Staff and service were excellent. Grounds very well-maintained and felt airy. Our ocean-view room was nice and more spacious, compared to other rooms of the same type in hotels we've stayed at in the Carribean or the Mediterranean. Soft bed, high-thread count linens, spacious and very well-ventilated bathrooms made for a really comfortable stay.
Buffet breakfast at Tides was outstanding. Expect US prices in restaurants like Tea of Spring, Tides and Acqua. It is still inexpensive considering we spent $20/person (for a group of 5) for a fresh whole fish, and three other dishes, including drinks, tax and service charge! That's a good deal. Chef did a great job with the meals, never overseasoning and letting the fresh ingredient speak for itself.
If you want to save $$, you have the option to go out to Cebu island via the hotel's city shuttle (one way trip /person is about $2.50). The shuttle has drop off and pick up points at 2 major malls in Cebu where you can pick up food from restaurants or eat-in or do groceries. The malls are about 30 minutes from the resort. Tip-check if your room rate includes shuttle services.
Snorkelling was excellent. Fish come close to the shore and it's like swimming in an aquarium ten feet or so from the shore. Swim towards the pontoon for even more diverse aquatic life and corals. A word of caution: you may want to bring surf shoes as there are rocky areas to navigate. We did okay though we didn't bring any, so no major worries if u forget. Life vests are complimentary. Not sure about snorkel gear.
There's swimming pools, a game area (table tennis, billiards, badminton) near the main pool area, hammocks, a gym with free sauna, jacuzzi, steam room. Do check to see if your room rate includes free gym admission so there are no surprises on your bill.
We got 100% relaxation at the Mactan Shangri La and have only good things to say about the staff and the resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island