*** Must Read if looking for a Wedding Venue in Cebu***
We visited Cebu in June 2009 looking for a wedding venue for our big day in June 2010. There was no doubt that Shangri La Mactan was the best choice and no resort even came close! The resort is breathtakingly beautiful, a tropical paradise. Manicured gardens welcome you to the main building. It shows the Shang are proud of their establishment.
We set up an appointment with Coleen Rosario, the Events Manager. From the very beginning, she was very accommodating, pleasant to deal with and genuinely helpful. Our luggage got lost from Melbourne to Manila and with Coleen's help, they found our luggage and got it delivered to the Shangri La later that night even though we weren't staying there.
Coleen gave us a tour of the Ocean Pavilion and straight away we fell in love! We didn't even bother with seeing the other resorts, we were already sold on the the Shangri La.
We kept in touch over email and Coleen made the whole planning process a stressfree and pleasant experience. She was always so efficient with her replies and I really loved her can do attitude!
1 year later, we found ourselves checking in to the resort 1 week before the big day to finalise all the details for the wedding. For the 3nights of the weekend before the wedding, we were ecstatic to learn Coleen had upgraded us to an Executive Suite in the Main building. It was such a nice start to our holiday!
The room was huge with a king bed and separate lounge room. The bathroom had a bathtub and separate bathroom with L'Occitane products.
Next day we ventured around the resort. We were greeted by everyone from housekeeping, to grounds staff, to the gardeners. We felt to welcome and were treated like VIPs.
The facilities are amazing and so well maintained. We had breakfast at Aqua which is in the Ocean Wing and less busy than Tides in the Main building. The buffet breakfast was the best we've had! A good selection of western and filipino breakfast, plus some japanese/asian selections and lots of fruits and pastries/muffins.
The smaller pool near the Ocean Wing overlooks the beachfront and is great for those wanting a bit of privacy away from the families in the main pool. The beach was beautiful with plenty of sun lounges, fine powedery sand, clear blue water and plenty of fish swimming close to the shore. Snorkeling was inexpensive, about P300 for gear hire as long as you want which was worth it because there was an awesome array of fish in the water.
My husband is a kid at heart so the games room was his retreat with plenty of games (pinball machines, table hockey & billiards) and separate Timezone area with arcade games. I didn't mind because there were plenty of computers for me to use with free internet access, perfect for keeping in touch with family and friends coming to the wedding.
Our Chi Spa was unforgettable! From the outside, the Chi Spa looks small but it's actually heaven on earth over 10 hectares! There are 7 couples villas and 8 singles villas where you can get pampered and escape the daily grind! We had a 2hr package with foot bath, full body scrub, soak in outdoor bath & full body massage. A truly luxurious and relaxing experience.
The next weekend we stayed 2nights in a Panorama Suite in the Ocean Wing which is part of the wedding package. It was massive! Almost double the size of the Executive Suite with entrance foyer, separate living/dining area, huge bathroom and roomy balcony with picture perfect sea views! It was the perfect place to get ready for the big day with enough room for the make up artist, hair stylist, wedding coordinator, photographers, videographers, plus all their assistants and 3 bridesmaids and 2 mothers!
The Ocean Pavilion was like a dream and the Mactan Ballroom was enchanting. My guests are still talking about the wedding and how perfect everything was, down to the atmosphere, the beauty of the Shang and the delicious buffet dinner. Some say it's the best buffet dinner they've had! And there was plenty of left over food!
We provided accommodation at The Shangri La for all our guests from Australia, USA, Dumaguete, Bacolod and Manila. Everyone enjoyed the whole experience from the wedding, to the resort facilities, the accommodation and the breakfasts and airport transfers.
It was the perfect wedding, it exceeded all our expectations! It is one of the more expensive options in Cebu, but if you want the best, you can rest assure that the Shang will deliver because they only do things with 110% effort which definitely makes it all worth it! One you and your guests will never forget!
Thanks to Coleen Rosario she made our dreams come true and we can't wait to come back on our anniversary next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in lush tropical landscape and with a crystalline coastline, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the premier, award-winning deluxe resort property in the Philippines. It has won acclaim from both domestic and international travelers for its spacious and well-appointed 530 guestrooms and suites, the variety of its dining, entertainment, sports and recreational activities offered in its paradise-like setting and as home to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, one of the largest spa villages in Asia.Nestled amidst 13 hectares of lush greenery, landscaped gardens and with a 350-meter white-sand beach, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa, Cebu is the quintessential modern-day paradise. It is an exciting refuge for nature lovers and a favorite among holidaymakers, as it combines rustic surroundings, modern conveniences and genuine Asian hospitality that are distinctly Shangri-La. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Shangri-La`s Mactan Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Mactan Hotel
- Shangri La Cebu
- Shangri La Mactan
- Shangri Las Mactan Lapu
- Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Cebu Island/Mactan Island